HI, I'm Jet Moses

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

HI, I'm Jet Moses

Postby JetManson » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:34 pm

I'm a maniac.

You guys wanna have a circle jerk? No? Maybe later? Hey, no kidding, I'm looking at your roster and I can't help but think-

Your team really sucks, man. I'm not kidding. You don't even have a running back. I mean, c'mon. that is so pathetic.Even the Bengals have a running back. A darn good one, at that. But you guys got Dung Canditate or some such crap. What gives?
Don't you know I'm the one that's doing all these killings?!

swine

Postby skinsNut » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:50 pm

You guys wanna have a circle jerk?

Isn't there anything going on in the trailer park today? :lowblow:

As for 'Dung'... we'll see how 'crap' he looks on Thursday. We'd all be lying if we said we knew how he's going to do as the starter. I do know that it's not like we'll need to run the ball... Coles will be putting up a career day. 2 TD's... 150+ yards

Glad you had someone there to read the roster to you. :celebrate:
Hail to the Redskins

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:17 pm

You know - I think it is really funny that the Jets fans keep talking so bad about Trung when his first outing backing up Marshall Faulk he ran for over 170 yards against who? The Jets.

Think again Jets fans. More sour grapes.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:16 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:You know - I think it is really funny that the Jets fans keep talking so bad about Trung when his first outing backing up Marshall Faulk he ran for over 170 yards against who? The Jets.
I was waiting for one of you guys to bring that up.

With 98-495yds in his career neither one of us are qualified to say what he will do.You just better hope he can catch the football.
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:35 pm

Then tell me, oh wise and lordly Sirswizzalot, WHY you guys keep talking like you all KNOW he won't do anything as a RB. Once again, proof that it is smack and not knowledge being offered up by Jets fans here :)

I just read an article today about his ungodly numbers at Arizona State - avg of over 43 yards on his career 26 TD runs. Ouch - I would take a third of that for a good pro back.

If Trung even loses a yard per carry over the numbers you just quoted - he will be a good franchise back. I believe that 4+ yards per carry is the established norm - correct?

Plus he has fresh legs and a body that hasn't been hammered to holy h*ll like similarly aged RBs. I watched him score his two TDs in the preseason and he just hits that hole so fast - it IS impressive to see. Boom and he is through.

By the way - the rest of his stats are:

6 touchdowns in 98 attempts - once every 16 carries
22 catches - 189 yards - 8.6 per catch.

Oh and as far as fumbles - 3 in the last two years where Davis fumbled 11 times in the last three and I believe cost us at least two games, but I think more.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:00 pm

I love it, Jets fans talking smack when their QB needs to bring crutches on the field to throw to no-name receivers behind a HURTING Oline...yeah...I'm real worried. Skins will win by 20.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:02 pm

By the way for all of you Skins fans-

Against the NY Jets at the Meadowlands Trung had:

23 carries
195 yards
8.5 yards per carry
2 TD

3 rec.
37 yards
10.7 per rec.

and yes - 44 yards came on one big run. Before all the Jets fans can say that those numbers are hiked because of that one run - subtracting that 44 yards from 195 leaves 151 on 22 carries - a measly 6.86 yards per carry.

Ruminate (for the educationally challenged from the Jets board that means think) on those numbers. If he does half of that I will be happy.
Rich in Roanoke

Postby jetman67 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:40 pm

skinsfanno9 wrote:I love it, Jets fans talking smack when their QB needs to bring crutches on the field to throw to no-name receivers behind a HURTING Oline...yeah...I'm real worried. Skins will win by 20.

What are you smokin in your peace pipe? If the Foreskins win it wont be by much. Maybe a lucky kick by Hall.
THE JETS WILL BEAT THE FORESKINS ON OPENING NIGHT IN A CONVINCING FASHION.

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:43 pm

Dude,

The Jets are going to be smoked like the cheap cigars your Front Office smokes. With a real QB, you might have had a chance to get within 10 points, not now.

Seriously, Vinny "and the Jets" Testeverde is a QB that REALLY needs practice time to do well. He will suck hard. I predict at least one interception for a TD, with 3 total in the game. My money is on Lavar for the TD!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football