Any Terps fans?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Any Terps fans?

Postby Robert K. » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:54 pm

I would've been hanging out here more tonight, but the MD vs. UNC game was close the whole way. :o

NFL football is my favorite sport to follow... but college basketball played at a high level (particularly ACC matchups) can be very exciting!

Go Terps! :D :P
Robert :D

piglet

Postby SkinsfaninNJ » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:28 am

Being a Maryland native I am a huge Terps fan. What a great game last night. The young team was able to pull out a big win last night. They have some tough games coming up real soon. Duke and Wake Forest are lurking.

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:41 am

No laughing here --- :oops: But.... What's a Terp? :hmm:

Not too up on my US College teams (Other than what I glean from Jeopardy!).

Thanks!
taz 8)

redskinsmiley .... HTTR

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:22 am

tazlah wrote:No laughing here --- :oops: But.... What's a Terp? :hmm:

Not too up on my US College teams (Other than what I glean from Jeopardy!).

Thanks!
taz 8)

redskinsmiley .... HTTR

Terp is short for Terrapins... the University of Maryland Terrapins :D
Robert :D

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:28 pm

Awww -- Thanks Robert! I just KNEW it wasn't "The Terpintines"!
ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

taz 8)
redskinsmiley .... HTTR

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:11 pm

Talk about coaches, Gary Williams is a top-notch guy. Ever notice how the best college basketball coaches are humble, but intense guys. Coach K, Gary Williams, Pitino, new UNC coach (can't think of his name off the top of my head). You have your Bobby Knight's too but I would argue Williams, Coach K, Pitino are all much better coaches.
I saw Art Monk in the Safeway parking lot in Great Falls, VA on 3/26/2005. It was AWESOME!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:31 am

I love the Terps! Went to Lefty's b-ball camp way back when....and have followed the Terps both b-ball and football ever since. Agreed PS, Williams is a first class coach and a joy to watch. UNC's coach is the old Kansas coach...think his name may be Williams also, Roy Williams?
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:29 am

Terps Rock! My father son and I went down for the Gator Bowl this year. We were outnumbered by WVU fans 2-to-1 but by the end of the third quarter, it was all Terps baby!. To paraphrase Tony Kornheiser, combine football and basketball records for the past 3 years in Division I and there's only one team better, Oklahoma. They have their football chapionship, we have our basketball championship......btw, can we get Duke to change their mascot to the Duke Cowboys? Then I could just have one cowboys suck t-shirt!
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

piglet

Postby Insano Hog » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:54 pm

haha I bet you guys aren't too excited to hear this but I am a hard core duke fan. By the way, they are currently ranked number 1 in the country, and the Terps aren't even in the top 25. I will enjoy hearing back from you!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:01 pm

even though i'm not a terps fan, screw duke. i'll bet you aren't a duke football fan......... ROTFALMAO
but, you have to give credit where credit is due, they are probably the best college basketball program in the nation....even though i despise basketball.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:29 am

Dokie! Screw Dokie! They're the pukes of college b-ball, with a fan base of front running bandwagoners. They do have a great coach, but that's all I'll give em.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:27 am

tazlah wrote:No laughing here --- :oops: But.... What's a Terp?

Actually it's a turtle - check their mascot.

I was a huge Terp fan growing up in the DC area - John Lucas, Mo Howard, Len Elmore, Tom McMillan and all the great players/teams they had in the early-mid seventies. Remember the NCAA only allowed 16 teams back then in the NCAA tournament, and a lot of really good Maryland teams stayed home when they lost the ACC tournament - even after winning the regular season title. Etched in my memory is Lucas and other players crying on the bench after finishing in the top 10 nationally only to miss out cause of the 16 team rule (tournament winners). That really sucked. That was one major reason the rules regarding # of teams in tournament was changed.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

piglet

Postby skinsfan44 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:27 am

Huge Terps fan here.

Both football and men's basketball.

All I am going to say is.........Dook. :roll:
Beer!!!! The Breakfast of Champions.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:46 am

It should be interesting with Tech and Miami moving to the ACC - neither brings much to the BBall arena, but I don't expect Duke to be winning many more football games anytime soon :)

It'll be interesting with the matchups coming up with the local flavors to 'em now - and the Tech UVa game might actually mean something more :)
Rich in Roanoke

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:06 pm

Most ACC fans down here in the heart of ACC country aren't real thrilled with the new shakeup. It's all about the almighty dollar and football and will totally screw up basketball. We are so used to the head-to-head home/away matchups and with 3 more teams that will just make it impossible. So things change and not always for the better.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Return to The Lounge