Man's Best Friend

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Site Admin

Man's Best Friend

Postby BossHog » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:04 pm

Today I lost one of my best friends in the whole world... my dog Coda.

She has been with Taz and I for 10 years, and she was very special to us. I know that any of you that have a special pet know just how precious they can be.

Coda was always there to lick my face when I'd had a bad day.

Coda was always there to make me heppy when I was sad.

Coda was always here to protect us and the house.

She will be missed and we always love her with all of our hearts. Those of you that have pets that are special to you, don't take it for granted, they might not be there tomorrow. Like everything in life... your time is short. Don't go a day without telling the ones that you love exactly that, that you love them.

Peace.

And Coda... wherever you are... we love you, we will miss you, and we're very thankful for 10 great years together. May you rest in peace.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:11 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: always sucks to lose a pet like that....my condolences boss and taz
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:01 am

From one dog lover to another - peace man.

Wish I had been able to meet her...

All the best to you Boss.
Rich in Roanoke

+++

Postby NikiH » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:34 am

Aww Boss and Taz I'm so sorry! I'm sending you guys big hugs. I hope that she is at peace in doggie heaven munching on a big raw hide bone!
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:39 am

:cry: Sorry about that Taz, Boss, what breed was she??

She is running around in the great blue yonder.

My dog is chewing up the house :x On my day off he chewed up the freakin PS/2!!!Now what am Im going to do :lol:
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:14 am

Niki -- Thank you very much for your thoughts and hugs. It was definitely one of our toughest days. :cry: I think she's running in a huge field, with a massive raw hide bone, and her own pet cat to chase and harrass!!! :)

Redskincity -- she was a beautiful, funny Rottweiller. She had a great, unique personality. She's already very much missed. There is quite a void now in the home. It's very quiet. Thank you so much for your thoughts. By the way, Coda ate a couch of ours when she was still very young! Took her a while, and it was a crappy couch anyway, but OMG -- everyday, I'd come home from work to find the living room strewn with couch foam EVERYWHERE. We'd stuff it back into the couch to have her do it all again the next day!! I'm sure she had great fun doing it, but she also seemed to know she was going to be in trouble because she'd be hiding when I got home! She was a fun dog and we only have awesome, loving memories of her.

Hailskins and Skinsfan -- thank you both for your kind words. We really appreciate it.

taz

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:25 pm

Holy cow - I would have hated to have cleaned up the other mess - not the foam ROTFALMAO
Rich in Roanoke

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:30 pm

I'm sorry to hear about that, guys. I hope that you will be able to find a dog as comforting as Coda.

My condolences. :cry:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Aussie Hog

Postby Amberion » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:21 am

Taz and BH my thoughts go out to you

This was posted on a Tolkien board I am a member of

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown
I am Grey: I stand between the candle and the star.
We are Grey: We stand between the darkness and the light

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:47 pm

Boss, Taz... my sympathy on your loss... I just lost my 3rd dog in 18 months about 3 weeks ago... all gone now. Kaala, who just died, was 15. Meeko died in November... he was only 6. Shannon was 12 when she died 18 months ago. She had been DesertSkin's dog, but became mine when he headed off to college.

It's a big hole in your heart. You were Coda's buds, and gave him a wonderful place to be a dog, I'm sure. You'll meet again.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to The Lounge