Prediction's for the Jets game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Jets vs Skins

Postby NyJetsro71 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:11 pm

I have a prediction....

Jets- 0
Redskins- 21

Stephen Davis: 200 Yards...3 TD's

Champ Bailey: 5 Interceptions

Oh wait a second...the Redskins wasted all their cap room on former Jet players... they could not afford to sign Davis again...their best player... and they won't be able to afford Champ either!

New prediction:

Jets- 28
Skins- 0

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:35 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:I'll let you know if we get to the playoffs and beyond ::grin::

Seems to me that the only team we raided with a potential starting WR that left themselves so open was the Jets. Do you think it is possible that your team tried too hard to save cap space and screwed up?

Maybe Snyder did screw up, but I don't think so - they have systematically been addressing all of our weak spots this offseason, and doing so rather wisely I thought. Yes we paid - but it isn't much more than most teams pay their starting flankers who are of Coles' caliber on the field.

hey
`00 8-8
`01 8-8
`02 7-9
looks to me like spending money is'nt the answer,has'nt worked so far.Ask Marvin lewis.

"maybe snyder screwed up,but you dont think so?"
C'mon you have progressivly have got worse as he spends...Your record proves it.
Welcome Home Coles

Postby N.Y.34 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:13 pm

How much money does it cost to win a championship,oh sorry you guys haven't even been to the playoffs since the spending spree started.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:17 pm

Ask Steinbrenner :)

He ought to know!

The first spending spree WAS stupid - I don't think there are many fans of the Burgundy and Gold who would disagree. I do know that there are many who are grumbling right now without knowing anything about what is going to happen. Most of the writers have talked about how the Skins could be a very good team dependant upon Ramsey - who is an unknown quantity right now.
Rich in Roanoke

Postby Jetfanmack » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:44 pm

Jets 27
Redskins 16

I used to have 31-16, until Pennington got hurt. Washington has nothing at DT. Martin will get 5 yards per carry and lead us to victory. Vinny lands a deep ball or two. Redskins get some drives going, but they ultimately end up in 3 field goals. (4 attempts)
J-E-T-S-JETS-JETS-JETS

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:08 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:Oh yeah - then you bring in Brooks "where is my diaper" bollinger or Todd "I can't make a roster except as a 3rd stringer on a desparate team" Husak. I saw you signed Jamie Martin as a 4th QB. With Szott and Smith starting at guard you will need him. Maybe by Friday.

Bollinger is a legitimate 3rd QB with potential. Anyone paying attention knows that Husak was signed to eat up the second half of the Eagles game, and was going to be cut the next day. But don't let the facts cloud your opinions.

And Dave Szott IS a stud. Smith you can take shots at, with his history of knee injuries, but busting on Dave Szott is just sad and desparate.
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:11 pm

JonEJetsters wrote:
I know you talk sh*t about Szott....which makes me realize you know nothing of him....or the Jets!!

The Jets late season surge was due in large part to Szott coming back late in the year.

Keep Smith....he's like an old dog.....just can't let him go.....even though he can't walk anymore!!

And saying we've got no RT, when Kareem McKenzie is as solid as they come, is just silly.
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:13 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:So tell me, just who in the heck is Brent Edwards and which NCAA div III school did he come from. I mean we know who Dave "I can't stop a 280 pound tackle with mono" Szott is. Maybe Mawae and Fabini will be able to make up for poor guards, but then again that is what we thought last year. That is why we went after good guards this year. Enjoy Vinny while you have him - it won't be long.

Who is Brent Edwards? Credibility goes right out the window right there.
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:21 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:Bob,

Yes you did replace them with average players. An aging guard, a WR who according to most sportswriters doesn't bring anywhere near the total package that Coles had, (they say the same about Moss too by the way), a so so kicker who the same writers say that you will be wishing for Hall by season end and I don't even know who for the return man.

The Jets replaced Randy Thomas with an aging guard? Brent Smith, this year's starting RG, is 29!!!
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:17 pm

Jetfanmack wrote:Jets 27
Redskins 16

I used to have 31-16, until Pennington got hurt. Washington has nothing at DT. Martin will get 5 yards per carry and lead us to victory.

Dude, you better hope Martin gets 5 yards per carry, because you don't really have a legit NFL QB or decent WRs. The Jets will be lucky if they get more than 100 yards passing. But your real issue is your sorry line, which won't be able to take advantage of the skins Dline.

Enjoy talking now, because we will all be on your board IN FORCE come Friday. Skins will win by 20 points with Coles making the ESPN lead-off highlight reel.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:34 pm

Ok, so I misremembered a guy's last name. Proves he isn't anything to talk about. Whoop de doo.

:roll:

And his last name being Smith makes him BETTER than being and Edwards? Whatever.

In 7 years he has started a total of 13 games? Phenomenal. Let's see Chris Samuels 47 out of 47 possible starts. Jon Jansen 64 out of 64 possible. I can see why I wouldn't remember ole Brent..... um.... who... um... Smith... ah yeah.

At least Kareem McKenzie started all 16 games last year - and he doesn't appear to be a perennial backup like Smith has been.

(Keep in mind this one disclaimer - no one has stats listed for Smith in 2001 or 2002)
Rich in Roanoke

Re: Jets vs Skins

Postby Skinster » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:41 pm

sro71 wrote:I have a prediction....

Jets- 0
Redskins- 21

Stephen Davis: 200 Yards...3 TD's

Champ Bailey: 5 Interceptions

Oh wait a second...the Redskins wasted all their cap room on former Jet players... they could not afford to sign Davis again...their best player... and they won't be able to afford Champ either!

New prediction:

Jets- 28
Skins- 0

Now this has to be the worst post ever.... a laugher I guess Davis was going to play defence this year?? in order to keep that score 0 for the Jets!!! LOL

Please inform me what position was davis going to play to keep your score @ 0!!

I want to see a great game with both sides giving it all they got!!! No excuses to be said because all the blood is left on the field!!

Will this game make or break either of our seasons...NO But what a great game to start the NFL season!!

My prediction is

Jets 17
Redskins 31

The Jets will come out strong and post 7 points quick,and lead the first quarter 7-3. Second quarter skins take a 10-7 lead early in the quarter, Late in the quarter the Jets regain the lead, & end the half up 14-10.....The Skins start the thrid quarter with an opeing TD which brings the score to 17-14. Midway through the third quarter Vinny chucks his first of two int's AKA SMOOOOOT!! Grabs it out of the air and takes in for the score!! Skins now up 24-14 third quarter ends. Forth quarter we see the Jest in the hurry up offence they bring it back to the redskin 35 and score 3 brings the game to 24-17 only 7 down Redskins take the next drive for a 80 yards on a monster lights out DRIVE!! Vinny in a desperation last drive will throw his second Int.. Ramsey ends the game!!!

Ramsey will go 26-38 390 3 Td's 1 Int.
Vinny will go 15-29 185 1 Td 2 Int.

Skinster!!!

Hog

Re: Jets vs Skins

Postby SirSmizzy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:32 pm

Skinster wrote:My prediction is

Jets 17
Redskins 31

The Jets will come out strong and post 7 points quick,and lead the first quarter 7-3. Second quarter skins take a 10-7 lead early in the quarter, Late in the quarter the Jets regain the lead, & end the half up 14-10.....The Skins start the thrid quarter with an opeing TD which brings the score to 17-14. Midway through the third quarter Vinny chucks his first of two int's AKA SMOOOOOT!! Grabs it out of the air and takes in for the score!! Skins now up 24-14 third quarter ends. Forth quarter we see the Jest in the hurry up offence they bring it back to the redskin 35 and score 3 brings the game to 24-17 only 7 down Redskins take the next drive for a 80 yards on a monster lights out DRIVE!! Vinny in a desperation last drive will throw his second Int.. Ramsey ends the game!!!

Ramsey will go 26-38 390 3 Td's 1 Int.
Vinny will go 15-29 185 1 Td 2 Int.

Skinster!!!
This is the most ridiculous post ive ever read..

$20 says ramsey does'nt break 300yds...
Welcome Home Coles

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:50 am

I predict we have at least 2 plays for the ESPN highlight reel - one from Coles going for a 40 plus yard TD and punt return from Chad. As much as I would love Hall to beat you all with a FG I don't think we will be close enough in scores for it to matter. I will be REALLY surprised if "Vinny and the Jets" gets more than 14 points. I will also be surprised if we get less than 30.

At best your offense is a bad version of an Elton John song. Now if it was "Bennie and the Jets" I'd be worried...

Postby roadwarrior » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:30 pm

Jets 27
Skins 10
your coach still does not know how to run the ball he thinks he is in Florida still.Steve your in the NFL know
it is time for some smash mouth football.
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football