Wow I never knew Jets Fans were so very Hostile!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Wow I never knew Jets Fans were so very Hostile!

Postby Burgundy&Gold » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:54 am

You take great pride that we overpaid for these players. First of all did you happen to see the Ravens game?? The only game where we saw what Ramsey and Coles can do together?? They took on a defense much better then the Jets defense could ever hope to be. I think that speaks volumes about the fate of Thursday's game!
It would seem you have absolutely no loyalty. I actually like to see Brad Johnson and other former Redskins do well. Where as one your fans listed your players that switched sides as "dead"! Come on now! Could you possibly be that bitter? I hate to see what happens after the game!
And by the way special teams can decide that fate of the game! Shouldn't you all know this?? Morton was money well spent. And when you are watching the back of his jersey while he strolls into the end zone you will have no choice but to agree!!
One last point. Do you think that Dan Snyder is that rich because he is a poor investor. Exactly the opposite! He knows how to run an organization, obviously.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:09 pm

My Words exactly, Burgundy&Gold !!!!
GO SKINS
SKins 27
Jets 3
They will score 3 points after we start pulling are starters to plan for next weeks game. I just hope all the Jets Fans decide to come back on Friday and face up, or maybe they will just crawl back to stink town.

Hog

you think they are nasty here...

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:23 pm

You think they are nasty here, try posting on their board. I stupidly followed the Jets fans request to post on their board - they not only get vicious but were really mad that I was posting there in the first place. One was reminiscing about his fav redskins memory - when Theisman got crunched. I lost track of all the names they called me, mostly dealing with foreskins and lotion though.

I had my fill over there. I guess I don't quite understand the fan2fan alliance yet...

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:43 pm

I guess I don't quite understand the fan2fan alliance

... you don't really expect F2FA to be responsible for the actions of thousands do you?

I have found much of the banter on here to be 'stimulating' if nothing else and I like the whole 'defending the colors' thing. Some fans will seek to attack you if you 'invade' their board... others will embrace the intelligent football conversation. You're gonna find all types though.

All F2FA seeks to do is bring more information to the football freaks by giving you access to the 'opposition's' info. I certainly don't want to feel like I'm responsible for anything anyone who posts in this forum ever writes, and I'm sure the same would be said of JetsInsider.com or any other Fan2Fan alliance member.

Jets fans are BOUND to be sour.... look at what we did to them in the offseason :-) Their reaction is to be partially expected.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:44 pm

BossHog wrote:
I guess I don't quite understand the fan2fan alliance

... you don't really expect F2FA to be responsible for the actions of thousands do you?

I have found much of the banter on here to be 'stimulating' if nothing else and I like the whole 'defending the colors' thing. Some fans will seek to attack you if you 'invade' their board... others will embrace the intelligent football conversation. You're gonna find all types though.

All F2FA seeks to do is bring more information to the football freaks by giving you access to the 'opposition's' info. I certainly don't want to feel like I'm responsible for anything anyone who posts in this forum ever writes, and I'm sure the same would be said of JetsInsider.com or any other Fan2Fan alliance member.

Jets fans are BOUND to be sour.... look at what we did to them in the offseason :-) Their reaction is to be partially expected.

All jokes aside ive had a great time here with the HOGS and you guys are alright in my book...I have enojoyed the good natured banter an dsome of the bad.....We have to defend our colors just the some as you do.
You cant blame all of us for the actions of a few...I think the Fan2Fan alliance is a great idea...you just have to seperate the football from the dribble most guys spout off.
Welcome Home Coles

Postby Riggo » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:52 pm

SirSmizzy wrote:All jokes aside ive had a great time here with the HOGS and you guys are alright in my book...I have enojoyed the good natured banter an dsome of the bad.....We have to defend our colors just the some as you do.
You cant blame all of us for the actions of a few...I think the Fan2Fan alliance is a great idea...you just have to seperate the football from the dribble most guys spout off.

Wow. Now I feel bad for pouncing on your post in another thread :roll:

Hog

Re: you think they are nasty here...

Postby SirSmizzy » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:01 pm

skinsfanno9 wrote:You think they are nasty here, try posting on their board. I stupidly followed the Jets fans request to post on their board - they not only get vicious but were really mad that I was posting there in the first place. One was reminiscing about his fav redskins memory - when Theisman got crunched. I lost track of all the names they called me, mostly dealing with foreskins and lotion though.

I had my fill over there. I guess I don't quite understand the fan2fan alliance yet...
That's about as accurate as a Ramsey pass.....you went in alone and got drilled...did you think they would lay down and let you drill them cuz you were a guest?

Please 1 person called you foreskinstroker9 and you got your feathers ruffles.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome Home Coles

Postby jetman67 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:02 pm

Good luck this year guys, except for Thursday night. Lets hope for an exciting game with no injuries to either team.
THE JETS WILL BEAT THE FORESKINS ON OPENING NIGHT IN A CONVINCING FASHION.

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:09 pm

Good luck this year guys, except for Thursday night. Lets hope for an exciting game with no injuries to either team.

I second that. I really hate to see injuries, especially in preseason. I was really looking forward to seeing Micheal Vick in the second game. Even if it led to a sure loss, I would have liked to see him play.

Seriously, I think both teams will have an uphill time in their respective divisions. Too bad we weren't in easier ones.

Postby SirBoozer76 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:55 pm

I hate to admit it, but skinsfan#9 is right. I am a die hard Jets fan and a regular at Jets Insider. I saw SkinsFan9 put a couple harmless trash talk threads up, which made me happy to see, since we came here to give you guys the business a bit, only to see alot of my fellow Jets fans act like fools. I actually don't think they know about the P2P links for weekly opponents.

But I have come here and given you guys a bit of trash talk and I must say you've been pretty cool about it. So, I wish your team the best of luck, although I am quite confident we will beat you tomorrow. And please don't judge the group by just a few members.

Can you guys friggin believe.......FOOTBALL IS HERE!!!!!!!!!! :celebrate:
2 words: Laverneous Coleslaw-John Abraham

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:23 am

Take it easy Jets Fans - other than a few - its been fun :)

Good luck this season (besides Thurs night of course) - hope Pennington comes back ok so we can swipe him from you next year when your FO doesn't pay him. :)

Hope the injuries stay away from both our teams!

And Boozer - it's still 4 words :)
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:15 am

I saw SkinsFan9 put a couple harmless trash talk threads up, which made me happy to see, since we came here to give you guys the business a bit, only to see alot of my fellow Jets fans act like fools. I actually don't think they know about the P2P links for weekly opponents.

Yeah, I was expecting to have some fun banter, and although I got it in some cases, I got lots more real nasty responses with all sorts of personal attacks. I promised to come back and make a response if the skins lose (NOT going to happen) but I think I will pass if they win. I liked you guys coming here and mixing it up - was really fun.

Maybe you guys should look at more prominantly placing the Fan2Fan aliance graphic, along with a sticky at the top of your main message board saying what this is all about. Its right at the front of the Hogs site in the headlines area, but I never found it on your site.

Postby HI73Ogre » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:14 pm

I'm a season ticketholder, I actually used to run the ticket printing for American Security Bank back in the late 70's early 80's. So I've seen some really great and lately not so great teams. The one thing I see now is a coach who lacks "NFL" level football intelligence. Any coach who believes in an offensive system that can't use a solid ground game(exit for #48) is an idiot. Spurrier is just plain DUMB! Watch his play calling and decision making as the season develops. Look at the caliber of players on the defensive line, what adjustments will he make when #56 gets nicked or has a bad game. I see signs that Steve Spurrier is Norv Turner with more "hype". The "Ball Coach" has ridden on his college laurels into a big payday using his "hyped" FUN N GUN offense as the latest "trend" to hoodwink the fans into thinking he knows what he's doing. Being One dimensional offensively will never work unless its RUN oriented, smashmouth, HOGS upfront style, there's no "great' team defense to save this FUN N GUN bunch at "crunchtime"
in a game.

swine

Postby learnnew » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:03 am

i don't know where this last post came from (in this thread). but there seems to be a BIG misconception among many fans that SOS's offense completely gives up on run. that is not true. i don't know what got to him last year. he has not been so adamant in his playcalling in florida (that probably had to do with the fact he was succeeding in whatever he was doing). in any case, he averaged 35 points and 460 yards per game out of which 150 yards came from run. that is 150 yards per game (average). i've been following gators since 1999 and *every* game SOS has lost there was when the running game did not click. that is about 8 games in 3 years (out of nearly 40 games). i've heard that in the earlier years (in his early years at florida and later on during the national championship season) he had talented tailbacks and in one of his 12 seasons at florida he actually had a pass-run ratio of 44% - 56% (the opposite of last year with the Skins).

SOS has been blamed for his penchant to abandon the run. It is not that he doesn't believe in runs but it is true that he is impatient with it. Spurrier's offensive philosophy is not one of ball control, getting first downs and moving slow. he likes to stretch the field as much as possible. his 150 yards per game rushing in florida had an average of over 5 yards per carry. he goes for those running plays (and passing plays) that gives maximum yards and that helps the offense move down the field as quickly as possible. Given the fact that passes produce more yards on an average than runs, I think Spurrier goes back to his pet passing plays when he sees that in a given game the run isn't giving him yards. Running backs and running game have a pretty big role to play in his offense. But when your entire offense is based on the philosophy of stretching the field, you have to be pass heavy. Now how heavy is ok in NFL (with his offense) is for him to figure out. Here's a guy who said that touchdown passes are the most underused offensive plays in NFL and that the yardstick he would use to judge the success of his offense (other than the win/loss and points, of course) is the average yards gained per play.

I'd like to think last year was an exception. I have my own theory about why he did it last year the way he did. This is not entirely unknown news, but SOS came to NFL primarily to see if his offense would succeed at the highest level. He basically wanted to make a point and that was the whole purpose behind the move. Now being a QB, he likes to pass and he believes in scoring TDs and putting points more than anything else. One reason why Rex Grossman and Spurrier got along so well is because they share the same attitude, "Every time I go to throw the ball, I believe I can throw a TD". I believe SOS wanted to see how *his offense* matched up with NFL defenses. He believed that Fun-n-Gun was the difference and that the talent level of his players didn't matter much. But then the problem is the classic one that ultra-successful people face: they forget that they have not always been competing against the cream of the crop. NFL has the best of both worlds - best players and best coaches. Each college team on an average has 3 or 4 NFL-caliber players (I don't mean successful NFL players, merely ones who'll get drafted). So what worked in college cannot work in the NFL without appropriate modifications. I think he learnt that last year. As a competitor who always wanted to win and always held on to his beliefs, he had to see where he stood (or rather his playbook stood). i believe he learnt a lot last year. plays that were successful in college didn't always work. but quite a few plays he had in his playbook worked and worked well. the problem was he didn't have the right personnel to execute them. granted he was outcoached on more than one occasion. but he was not a bust by any means. i think this year and the next will tell us more about whether Spurrier can really succeed in NFL. i think we got a taste of what to expect in tonight's game. i belive that with coles and ramsey and canidate and betts he can stretch the field the way he wants to and that will make a big difference in the results.

(Tonight's rushing stats for Skins: 34 attempts and 160 yards @ 4.7 ypc.)

HTTR
Go Skins! For 10-6 or higher!

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:29 pm

HI73Ogre wrote:I'm a season ticketholder, I actually used to run the ticket printing for American Security Bank back in the late 70's early 80's. So I've seen some really great and lately not so great teams. The one thing I see now is a coach who lacks "NFL" level football intelligence. Any coach who believes in an offensive system that can't use a solid ground game(exit for #48) is an idiot. Spurrier is just plain DUMB! Watch his play calling and decision making as the season develops. Look at the caliber of players on the defensive line, what adjustments will he make when #56 gets nicked or has a bad game. I see signs that Steve Spurrier is Norv Turner with more "hype". The "Ball Coach" has ridden on his college laurels into a big payday using his "hyped" FUN N GUN offense as the latest "trend" to hoodwink the fans into thinking he knows what he's doing. Being One dimensional offensively will never work unless its RUN oriented, smashmouth, HOGS upfront style, there's no "great' team defense to save this FUN N GUN bunch at "crunchtime"
in a game.

Check the facts before you post. Spurrier has ALWAYS had a run to pass ratio of 60-40%. Those who keep spouting -- like yourself -- that "all Spurrier wants to do is throw the ball," or "you can't win in the NFL unless you have a good running game" are grossly uninformed! I have laughed every time I have heard those two stupid comments for the last two years. And yes .. as long as I've been a Skins fan, I've been a regular attender of FL Gator games (that would be since 1965 and I was five years old), so I saw it with my own eyes.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football