football for women

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.

football for women

Postby redskinz4ever » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:06 am

the nfl gives classes to women and girlfriends of us football crazy men ...does anyone know where and when and the cost of these classes ?? any info would be great :wink:
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:20 am

There is the "Idiot's Guide to Football" by Joe Theismann:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 8&v=glance

Or, "Football for Dummies"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... e&s=ebooks

I googled the Football 101/201 classes put on by the NFL, and it appears that local teams are responsible for putting on those classes when they do happen. If that's so, I'd recommend giving the Skins (or the Panthers) a call. The most recent info I could find on it was from 2000/2001, so I'm sure if the class exists anymore.

Hope some of that helps. . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:42 am

The Packers do it every season, however I can't recall ever hearing of the skins doing this.

Tazlah and NikiH were talking about writing a book, "How to watch football; a user's guide for women by women".

I made up the title, but if you guys pressure them enough they'll get it done and then you won't need a class. :up:
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:17 am

FanfromAnnapolis wrote:There is the "Idiot's Guide to Football" by Joe Theismann

this is just dripping with irony.....
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

+++

Postby NikiH » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:24 am

Actually it's not only the Packers that are offering this any more. I was personally wondering when our franchise is going to step up to the plate and offer something similar. I may have to email Danny Boy about this.

As far as Taz and I writing a book, we barely have time to keep up with PM's to one another, so keep dreaming! :-P HOWEVER if we did we'd come up with a much snazzier title!
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:28 am

the panthers give classes,but i saw on the nfl network the nfl gives a class and they use nfl coaches and players from around the league. :? :?

~~~~~~

Re: football for women

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:24 am

redskinz4ever wrote:the nfl gives classes to women and girlfriends of us football crazy men ...does anyone know where and when and the cost of these classes ?? any info would be great :wink:

Yes, they are called Psychotherapy 101 and Your quick guide to a profitable divorce :lol:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:28 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
redskinz4ever wrote:the nfl gives classes to women and girlfriends of us football crazy men ...does anyone know where and when and the cost of these classes ?? any info would be great :wink:

Yes, they are called Psychotherapy 101 and Your quick guide to a profitable divorce :lol:
:hmm: :thump: me no understand :?

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:31 am

redskinz4ever wrote: :hmm: :thump: me no understand :?

Psychotherapy 101

Because they need psychological counselling to deal with our crazy habits, rants and celebrations. And

Your quick guide to a profitable divorce

Once they give up on us and look for a way out.

It is a joke. Sorry. :oops:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Football 101