AL East

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

AL East

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:49 pm

Well, it's been an eventful offseason with all of the big names involved. So what's your burning topic for discussion? I'm an O's fan, so I have a lot to talk about. Any O's fans out there?
Gibbs is God

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:53 pm

I used to like the O's okay, and then the signed Tejada to a stupid contract that made resigning Nomar next to impossible for my Red Sox!

Grrrrr!!!

Freakin Orioles, :)

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:55 pm

i followed the o's for awhile, while i lived in maryland. mostly because i was a big ripken fan. but i grew up a sox fan, and once you catch that disease, you don't get rid of it, no matter how hard you migth try.

peter gammons is saying that you shouldn't count the o's out of anything this year. it would have been huge if they had gotten vlad guerrero.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:58 pm

Yeah, I lived in Boston for three years and know what it means to be a Sox fan. It's a disease that is chronic and deteriorative. It gets worse with age. The only cure is a World Series title. Some of my closests friends, men in their thirties, cried after game seven last year. The sox did well in the off-season by signing Schilling and Folkes. Those guys will do a lot for the staff there.
Gibbs is God

Aussie Hog

Postby Amberion » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:02 pm

Go Blue Jays

Now if we could only find someway to get Roy to pitch every game we would be champeens
I am Grey: I stand between the candle and the star.
We are Grey: We stand between the darkness and the light

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:03 pm

The O's are looking pretty good this year, for once. Tejada seems like a strong leader and wants to win very badly. He was quoted upon arriving at spring training as saying, "No more losing in Baltimore! We're winners now!" I thought it was comical, but sincere.

If we had signed Vlad, we would've been AL East contenders. The pitching is better than what people are expecting. The O's have been quietly signing top pitching prospects. They have a couple of guys they'll bring up by mid-season that could make big impacts.
Gibbs is God

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:04 pm

i think something that has been lost in all the latest a-rod hoopla is that the sox have significantly improved their pitching, while keeping an almost identical lineup to last year's one that took them very close to the world series. a-rod is great and all, but can he really hit pedro or schilling THAT well? i think it'll be another great season between the sox and yanks. of course, the sox will prevail, but that may be my diseased brain talkin'.

Mmmm...donuts

Postby joebagadonuts » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:06 pm

that's been the problem in baltimore, imo. once you start getting used to losing, it's a tough habit to break. tejada may be just what they need.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:10 pm

joebagadonuts wrote:that's been the problem in baltimore, imo. once you start getting used to losing, it's a tough habit to break. tejada may be just what they need.

I buy game packs every year for the O's, despite what Angelos did to us fans in the face of a DC expansion team. I love Camden Yards and, now, I love Flannagan and the O's front office again. Flannie definitely made a big impact on the front office and their goals. He restocked an empty farm system and we'll hopefully see the fruits of his labor this season. Certainly noone's coming into Camden Yards thinking we're a joke, and that, my friend, is how you stop losing.
Gibbs is God

Mmmm...donuts

Postby joebagadonuts » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:18 pm

not that this has anything to do with anything, but we named one of our cats 'oriole park at camden yards'-camden for short. it is certainly one of my favorite parks.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:22 pm

And now you live in Camden, Maine? What a coincidence! :-k

The Sox open up in Camden Yards, I think. I'm, definitely going.
Gibbs is God

Mmmm...donuts

Postby joebagadonuts » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:45 pm

Philly is an Armpit wrote:And now you live in Camden, Maine? What a coincidence! :-k

yes, life certainly has a way of doing that.

enjoy the game! the rest of us will have to settle for listening to it on the radio (day game).

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:06 am

Philly is an Armpit wrote:
joebagadonuts wrote:that's been the problem in baltimore, imo. once you start getting used to losing, it's a tough habit to break. tejada may be just what they need.

I buy game packs every year for the O's, despite what Angelos did to us fans in the face of a DC expansion team. I love Camden Yards and, now, I love Flannagan and the O's front office again. Flannie definitely made a big impact on the front office and their goals. He restocked an empty farm system and we'll hopefully see the fruits of his labor this season. Certainly noone's coming into Camden Yards thinking we're a joke, and that, my friend, is how you stop losing.

How can you like the O's if you dislike how they are preventing us down here in Washington from having a baseball team. If you and other's would stop supporting the O's then maybe we could get a Baseball team down here in washington. In fact i'm starting my own Organization to Bring Baseball Back to DC...And i'm starting it right now....

Who's comming with me!........
Who's comming with ME??!?!?......
Ok, ok....I'm full of crap, but whatever you do....
STOP SUPPORTING THE ORIOLES!!!! :explode:
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:58 am

Amberion wrote:Go Blue Jays

Not much of a baseball fan here but since Toronto is where I grew up, of course I'll take the Jays anyday! Great call Amberion! :up:

taz
redskinsmiley

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:48 am

trust me, it wasn't easy being a fan through all of that. I'm still very angry at Angelos for what he did, but I grew up as an O's fan. Some of my fondest memories were at Memorial Stadium with my dad and my brothers watching a young Cal Ripken Jr. and Eddie Murray. I went to college in Baltimore partly to be close to the Birds. I've probably been to over 150 games in my life there and Camden Yards, so I just couldn't turn my back on the team.

I hope you understand- I'm a true fan, not some Johnny-come-lately, just like me and the Skins. I could've jumped on the Ravens bandwagon, but I didn't because I'm true to my colors- Burgundy and Gold- just like you guys.
Gibbs is God

Return to The Lounge