Ramsey....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Evil Hog

Ramsey....

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:32 pm

finished the first half with a 142.3 passer rating :twisted:, did you see the move he made when he ducked the blitzing LB? great first half and start to the season for the kid, knock on wood. but really, i don't think heath shuler had a 142.3 anytime at anypoint in his nfl career..... :P
HTTR :rock:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:36 pm

AND for all you jets fans that said bad things about coles.. :moon: i think he has 5 catches for 106 yds... knock on wood again :wink:
THN's resident jerk.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:59 pm

smith recorded a half sack..... 2.5 to go :D
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:03 pm

What a run by Ramsey - kept his cool under pressure! Awesome defense - shut the run down - whoof - how about the hit by Bowen!

Um - if there are any Jets fans left in here - Ramsey - 73.9% completion percentage - 24 yard run to get us into position - cool under fire.... not bad for an untested QB.

And Hall - 3 FG - 50 yd and the game winner on top of it. Coles- awesome first half - wow!

No big injuries - what more can you say?

Way to go DEFENSE - 158 total yards allowed!!!!!

Wow!
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:14 pm

=D>

Site Admin

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Postby BossHog » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:20 pm

It is with inebriated pleasure that I add the following... whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

What a money 'kicker' Hall is. 'He's average'... then gimme average all day long 'cause we've been HURTIN' for years. 3/3 including a game winner and a 50 yarder... couldn't give a guy a tougher clutch moment.. game winner... old team... sweeeeet! Hiccup... thanks New York... we needed him.

What a game by the defense and hats off to G. Edwards for calling such a great game... 158 toyal yards... least since the Gibbs days... wow... what do you say? Lavar was monstrous and Trotter was real solid answering the 'run-defense call.

Coles was lights out in the first half. He was soooooo open a couple of times.

Team still had some bad penalties, but that panicked, disorganized look on the sideline from last year was totally gone. Gret job by SOS and the whole staff winning this franchise a tough game and getting this team off to a great start.

Wow, what a good quality game though.

Did I mention this already....

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!

redskinsmiley redskinsmiley redskinsmiley redskinsmiley
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:20 pm

i guess that's the ups and downs of a young qb, but ramsey finishes with a passer rating of 93.5, and made a couple REALLY smart moves the passer rating dosen't show. but he took a couple sacks, and a couple bad moves, so we're crossing our fingers. although we weren't terrible against the run (i think the linebackers had a bunch to do with it, and am GLAD to see trotter pickin it up where he left off, after the knee injury), we didn't really get a big pass rush the whole game.... lets hope the D-line comes together a little better in the next couple weeks. :wink:
THN's resident jerk.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:25 pm

and i also think ohalete is our answer to our saftey problems (along with bowen). other than that really stupid personal foul late hit, he had a remarkable game!!!!!!!!
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:31 pm

Ramsey played a good game..

He's better than i gave him credit for.You have to give us some credit for holding this offense down...Cause even i can admit with the addition of coles you have a shot at the playoffs...

Like i told you before just get coles the ball...WR screen and he's GONE.

Anyway Im here to take my lashing's like a man. So give em to me...
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:08 am

Nahhhhh.... no lashings :)

Just tell me where to send the video tape ::grin::

For Hailskins - we limited a 7 year 1000 + yard rusher per year runner to 48 yards on 15 carries - 3.2 yards per carry. They only gained 57 total. The middle of the line did well, making Martin have to try and bounce it outside to the waiting arms of our LB corps :)

How about that Bowen hit - ouch - I wouldn't want to try to talk for a week after that one.

All the line has to do is do that every game - hold the RB still while the LB swoop in on em - oh yeah! You know - I think the leading DB tackler only had 4 hits - Bailey. That is stupendous - the less the better the front seven are doing!

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich in Roanoke

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:29 am

I'll add my My 2 cents on the game.

For the most part, I really liked what I saw in this game. Early on, I gotta tell ya I was pissed at Ohalete for such a stupid freakin' penalty. It looks like the Skins D was holding the Jets right out of the gate....and then Ohalete comes in with the late hit. STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! I hope the Skins stop making these types of penalties in the future.

I thought Ramsey performed exceptionally well in the 1st half. Many of my (Eagles) friends keep telling me that the Redskins need a QB...and I keep saying, "They have one." I go on to say that I, for one, expect Ramsey will do well this year...maybe even being one of the League's top QBs. After laughing in my face (what else can you expect from an Eagles fan), they simply grunt and disagree. After an exceptional first half (throwing tons towards Coles), Ramsey didn't really hit Coles in the 2nd half. I wanna know....was this a function of Ramsey getting kinda nervous because of the interception...or was Coles being covered much better? Any thoughts out there? :feedback;

Canidate v. Betts
It was obvious to me that Betts was the more explosive runner here....but I gotta tell ya, I like using both of them in a rotation. I think Betts' power running is a great change-of-pace to Canidate's slashing style. Continuing to use both, IMHO, will keep defenses on their heels. :up:

Wide Receivers
Wow! Coles is DA MAN ! Gardner showed his skills and even McCants got into the act with a nice touchdown catch. Don't look now, people, but the Redskins have a formidable receiving crew. :celebrate:

Offensive Line
I thought they opened up some nice holes for Canidate/Betts; however, they certainly need to work on their pass-protection schemes. The Jets got too close to Ramsey too many times. :up:

Defensive Line
Didn't play too badly at all......what a pleasant surprise! I would've preferred much more pressure on the QB but the line did pretty well against the run. :up:

Line Backers
Studs. 'Nuff said. :celebrate:

Secondary
Bowen made a great play in the end-zone to stop a touchdown. Didn't hear too much from Bailey...but that's usually good. Smoot sucked. He gave up a dreadful play by playing too far off the receiver and letting the receiver get a first down when the Redskins should have held the Jets. Hopefully, Smoot will improve next week.

Special Teams
Do we have a kicker or what!?!?!? 50 yarder out of the gate! Wow! I, obviously, was very happy about Hall's performance. :celebrate: Even our good ol' punter didn't kill us. Special teams coverage seemed okay; however, we need to stop those stupid penalties.

All in all, a very good win for the Redskins. We tried to give it away (with the 2 turnovers) but the defense came to life when we needed them and gave the offense a chance to win the game.

Now....let's kick some Falcon butt! :rock:
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Re: Ramsey....

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:21 am

hailskins666 wrote:finished the first half with a 142.3 passer rating :twisted:, did you see the move he made when he ducked the blitzing LB? great first half and start to the season for the kid, knock on wood. but really, i don't think heath shuler had a 142.3 anytime at anypoint in his nfl career..... :P

Ramsey indeed looked awesome in that 1st half. Especially the 12 for 13 start. Jet fans were saying how Pennington was "So Accurate" and that Coles will miss that, but Ramsey threw a few nice balls where only Coles could get it! Good half. :D

Re: Ramsey....

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:44 pm

hailskins666 wrote:finished the first half with a 142.3 passer rating :twisted:, did you see the move he made when he ducked the blitzing LB? great first half and start to the season for the kid, knock on wood. but really, i don't think heath shuler had a 142.3 anytime at anypoint in his nfl career..... :P

Heck, Heath Shuler doesn't have 142 YARDS in his NFL career.

Or at least he shouldn't.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football