My one comment posted to the Jetsinsiders.com

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

My one comment posted to the Jetsinsiders.com

Postby skinsfanno9 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:19 am

Here's what I posted this morning to the Jets Insiders. They are all ready to kill Hackett, the playcaller and see him as the primary reason for losing to a bad team like the redskins. The did have complimentary comments about Ramsey and LaVar though (not the ex Jets players).

------------------------------------------------

Just one post and I'm outta here (hopefully without too many assinine responses).

This was a terrific game to the non redskin or Jets fan, I think we can admit that. The Jets played close to flawless ball from a turnover and penalty standpoint - this really kept them in the game.

Yes, I liked Spurrier's calls better than Hackett. But seriously, thats part of being a good team and coaching well.Spurrier, I thought adjusted really well. Spurrier said after the game that Ramsey looked tight after the interception, so he left the passing game in favor of the running game. This is not something he would have done last season (he would have changed QBs and went with the same game plan). He said he had confidence that our defense could win the game as long as the offense didn't make any huge mistakes.

I loved Edward's Defensive gameplan - it really utilized LaVar more than ever before. He will have a Monster year. We did not generate a passrush, but maybe one of the reasons Vinny wasn't throwing too long was our defense??? A possibility anyways? This may be again one of the reasons you all continually came up a yard short on third down - our defense gave you open looks short of the first down and then made open field tackles.

Think about it, you only heard Champ Bailey's name once in the game. Other than that he blanketed his receiver. At least some credit has to be given to the defensive game plan that heald you guys to 158 yards and virtually no rushing. We basically said "Try to beat our secondary one on one" and you couldn't.

The Jets did get terrific pressure on Ramsey which made the skins go away from the pass I think. But I was VERY impressed with the redskins running game. Nobody in DC expected they would come away with 160 yards rushing, let alone 24 by Ramsey! IF we hadn't had that to fall back on, the skins would have self destructed I think.

Again, yes Hackett's play calling really sucked. Worse, he didn't adjust. But the skins figured out what they were doing and stopped them. Thats all you can expect a team to do. The skins deserved this win and were the better team tonight (and yes, the game probably would have turned out differently if your starting QB didn't go down, but we will never know - my guess is our defensive game plan would have been very different then - we obviously game planned for Vinny).

As for the former Jets, they all played very well. I think Chad will continue to get work at 3rd down back, and hopefully we will be going against teams that don't have as polished a special teams as you all do. Thomas is a run blocking monster. You all may not like Hall, but I think he's terrific - FAR FAR better than anything we've seen in DC for years. I can't remember the last time a kicker for us made 3 kicks in a game, but then his replacement looked pretty solid too (as did your punt returner, Moss). Coles is simply magical. He is Gary Clark reincarnated, only faster. Hopefully they stay as motivated in future games. Still, I think LaVar gets the game ball (actually they handed it to our defensive coordinator).

In closing, you guys are a more disciplined team, and it showed, but I liked the skins talent and our patience in this game. This game gives skins fans hope on a lot of levels. We would not have ralied at the end after a lull like that in the second half last year. Spurrier looks more mature and able to figure out how to best handle a good but young QB, and we have a running game!

Best of luck to you the rest of the year.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:51 am

i've been popping in on the jetsinsider boards this morning, those guys are ruthless. hackett may want to keep an eye over his shoulder. they want his head. some of thier comments are hardcore. they've been making reference to when fassel took over play calling for the giants last year and how it helped them into the playoffs. other comments involve a baseball bat and directions to hacketts house :shock: rot in hell hackett was also mentioned. :o
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:02 pm

You guys dont have to live with hackett and his horrible play calling....Last night we burn a time out to call the "right" 3rd and 1 play.....You stack 8 in the box and he calles a Draw play....We as jet fans have had to deal with his crap for the last couple years..last year wasn't so bad cause chad made his horrible play calling work with nice crisp short passes.How many times can he call a 3rd and 17 draw play,seriously?
Welcome Home Coles

Hog

Postby newshog » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:31 pm

Last night we burn a time out to call the "right" 3rd and 1 play.....You stack 8 in the box and he calles a Draw play....We as jet fans have had to deal with his crap for the last couple years..last year wasn't so bad cause chad made his horrible play calling work with nice crisp short passes.How many times can he call a 3rd and 17 draw play,seriously?

Actually, we can feel your pain--we had this kind of play-calling for YEARS under Norv Turner. Only now are we finally starting to shake those cobwebs out. It's like waking up from some sort of weird sick-bed torpor.
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:03 pm

You guys dont have to live with hackett and his horrible play calling....Last night we burn a time out to call the "right" 3rd and 1 play.....

That really did kill you twice, once for the bad play call and then at the end when you had no time outs to stop us.

I agree with you that the play calling really favored the skins. Still, I think some credit needs to be given to our defense (some folks on the insider are starting to realize this I think). BTW, I'm listening to Herm's press conference right now - he really is praising our defense. He said the reason they didn't go long was our corners.

Best of luck to you guys...

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:04 pm

"he said the reason they didn't go long was because of our corners" ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO imagine that :wink:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006