John Riggins now thinks we will go 10-6!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:30 pm

Wow, talk about a difference. I like Riggins to death, but he's a Jets Homey now. He was talkin serious trash last week about how bad the skins were and that there was no way they were going to do well against a playoff calibur team like the skins.

Saturday night on the local channel 4 skins show with George Michael, Sonny, Wilbon and Riggins, he played a totally different tune. He thought the Jets were a very good team, as evidenced by their clean game but was really surprised about how well Spurrier was adapting.

He also mentioned that he thought Martin has really lost a steop, and that now he thinks the Jets will struggle to make the playoffs. He thinks the skins have a chance to be good!

Wilbon has raised his expectation to 9-7 with the caveote that we win against the Falcons. He doesn't see us possibly doing better than that.

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:10 pm

Wilbon is being 'cautiously optimistic'. ha. I hope he's dead wrong. With what could be an easy victory at hotlana next week, I too believe we will be well on the road to 10-6.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:42 pm

I wouldn't count on it being easy until Kim and his linemen keep people like Kearney out of Patrick's face. They did all right, but the fast DE's off the outside seem to get through. Be interesting to see what happens with the pressure the Cowboys had to handle from Atlanta.
Rich in Roanoke

Postby eddy f » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:37 am

The skins schedule is tough. I think it will be a .500 season to be honest.

:(
:pi

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:40 pm

The thing I LOVED about the Riggins change of heart is that guy HATES Snyder and has NEVER given us a real positive rating when Snyder was here. He even thought our 2000 team would fall on its face...Who'da thought!

I can see the skins at 500 due to the schedule but teams have gone from 5-11 one year to the superbowl to the next (New England). It is also VERY possible that we get a wild card. Seriously, our schedule is already looking somewhat easier. Before yesterday, I put NE as a clear loss - now I see possibilities...

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:01 pm

I have stopped looking at the schedule and trying to call their final record. There are too many bumps in the road in an NFL season. Injuries and unknowns make it a week by week deal. Who would have thought that the Packers would lose 3 Wr's in week one or that Lawyer Milloy would leave NE and head to Buffalo. Stuff like that makes this league great and handicapping a season damn near impossible.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:14 pm

I agree with the big man that looking too far down the road is futile.

But I still do, and I still will. That's what being a gambling, armchair QB is all about. :)

Hey Wingman... how about trying to find me a nice pic of some beer and wings for the actual Cheap Seats page? Did you like the little bleacher guy on the front page today? I thought we might make him drink a beer :-)

Great article today bud... I'll get an interview set up with Darryl Grant and we'll do a follow up... maybe we can get a wings recipe from him. I'm sure he'll just tell us to use his sauce, and give it his secret ingredient.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football