Giants Smack Rams

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Site Admin

Giants Smack Rams

Postby BossHog » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:59 pm

As much as it pains my hands to even type it... the G-strings looked pretty good today. They were helped by a few bonehead decisions by Martz, but they shut down Faulk, and Tiki posted some huge numbers (24 carries, 146 yds, 6.1 YPC).

Warner had 342 yards, but he also got sacked 6 times and I think he probably fumbled the ball 4 or 5 times too, including one in the end zone that resulted in a Giants TD.

It wasn't pretty but they beat a Rams team that many were picking to 'return to old form'.

Giants 23, Rams 13
NFL Gamebook here
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:40 pm

The giants never win pretty but they are winning. They'll be in the race this year looks like. This giants team will give our SKINS their first real test I think.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:40 pm

warner looked horrible. if he does it next game, bulger will start in week three...... ouch
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Postby Gene » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:20 pm

One big reason the Giants were able to contain the Rams was because for the 1st time in a couple of years they have some depth to the D Line.....by rotating guys like Strahan & Hamilton in and out of the game (and giving them a breather every now and then) the line wasn't running on fumes late in the game........

More impressive was their O Line today......While it certainly wasn't spectacular the fact remains that Barber rushed for close to 150 yards with Ian Allen at RT making his 1st pro start...Rookie David Diehl making his pro debut at RG...Rookie Jeff Roehl getting into his 1st NFL game playing a little more than a half for injured LT Luke Petitgout...and Rookie Wayne Lucier playing a few plays because LG Rich Seubert was dinged up.......

Though it is only one game the Giants had a lot of questions when it came to the so called "Trenches".....what may have been perceived as a weakness for the club may indeed turn out to be a strength on both sides of the ball.......

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:38 pm

rams looked like the rams of last year. they are far from the rams of '99 or '01
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:34 pm

Reports out of the Rams camp says (and I saw most of the post game interview with Martz) that Warner suffered a light concussion on the first sack of the game. I know I watched that whole game and he didn't look sharp after that. Martz thinks the concussion happened in the end zone, but if you look at replays - you can see on that first sack where Warner's head popped the ground and he just laid there a minute. On the play in the end zone his head didn't get whacked at all. Martz said that he would have brought Bulger in if he had known, said the docs examined him at half, but the implication I drew from what Martz said was that Warner basically answered the questions properly enough to play, not informing the docs of the nausea or headaches.

Tough guys playing hurt can more often than not kill a team. Had Bulger come in after the half, it was 10-6 and possibly winnable.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:09 am

i think rams fans are gonna want warner out if this keeps up, regardless of the concusion. warner isn't as durable as he once was and the rams know bulger is capable. i can't believe they only signed bulger for one year. he was a free agent, no one really pursued him, and the rams could have locked him in for a while pretty cheap.
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:46 pm

Its confirmed, Bulger is now the starter.

As for the Giants, I think the skins will need to be picture perfect while the Giants have to have an off day for us to beat them. Seriously, we will need some turnovers by the D and some home runs by Chad on returns. They looked tough against a real team.

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:04 pm

Scary, real scary, I would say. The Giants looked really good, especially the D-line. Our O-line has to have great day...particuarly at the end of the game to give us any chance of winning.

They kept Blitzing Barlow...that dude is a real stud.

I don't want to us to look past Atlanta, but I do believe that game can be much easier than what I saw on Sunday vs. the Rams.

Hail Arrington!!
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:18 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing the g-strings kick the hell outta puscells and his flunkies next Monday night! I'd love to see Brian Mitchell run all over dallas like the good old days.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Around the League