NEWS: Canidate to start on Saturday

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

NEWS: Canidate to start on Saturday

Postby newshog » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:35 pm

Canidate Will Start Over Betts at Tailback Sunday
By Mark Maske, Washington Post

Trung Canidate will remain the Washington Redskins' starting tailback for Sunday's game at Atlanta, offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said today.

Coach Steve Spurrier left the decision to Jackson after backup Ladell Betts ran for 77 yards on 18 carries in the Redskins' 16-13 victory over the New York Jets on Thursday in the NFL's season-opening game. Jackson said that Betts will continue to play extensively but Canidate will start.

Click here for the rest of the story.
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:59 pm

I think that is a good call, for now, lets see how trung runs this week, but if betts has another huge game, maybe next week betts should start, because neither game is going to be easy, I like how we changed it up with both of them, I give a lot of credit to spurrier, he stuck with the run and won us the game because of it !!! :P

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:53 pm

doeslammer wrote:I think that is a good call, for now, lets see how trung runs this week, but if betts has another huge game, maybe next week betts should start, because neither game is going to be easy, I like how we changed it up with both of them, I give a lot of credit to spurrier, he stuck with the run and won us the game because of it !!! :P

For me, I wish Trung would be a little more assertive and north-south in his running. Too many stutters and staggers, jukin' and jivin' to find a bigger hole or make someone miss.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:57 pm

I like Hue's decision on this. Give Trung another game or two. I have a feeling its only a matter of time till he has one of those big big games like he had in St L.

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:31 pm

The Birds seem susceptable to the "big play." I can imagine Trung ripping off a 45 yard TD score given the right play. I hope we continue to have two productive backs.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football