Draft Marcus Vick

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
G4L

Draft Marcus Vick

Postby Gibbs4Life » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:23 pm

Isn't Ramsey's contract up after this season? I'm sure there are teams (Jets,Saints,etc) that will pay him starter dollars which leads me to this question: Is there anyway, assuming he declares, that we draft Marcus Vick to be our number 3 behind Cambell? You know the kid has problems but as has been expressed on this board Gibbs can do whatever he wants with whomever he wants, if the kid becomes anything like his brother it could be a steal, I'd spend a 4th rounder on him no higher though, he's already high enough.
HAIL

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:25 pm

I wouldn't want him or his brother.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

swine

Postby zr0hero » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:33 pm

Someone with character issues like Marcus Vick would never get drafted by the skins.

That said, im not exactly impressed with his skills, or his bros.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:42 pm

If he's around in the 4th round or so, I would take him. He is athletic and could be used like we used Brian Mitchell...some of us forget that he was a Quarterback in college and became the most prolific kick returner in history.

Marcus is young, and watching his brother get instant success he probably felt as if he could to what he wants and get by.

I was at UVA when Thomas Jones was our running back, and his little brother Julius was academically suspended from Notre Dame in a similar scenario, and once he got a second chance he was better in college (i hate what he's done in the pros) but the point is you can't define a man by what he does in his teenage years.

Many players mature later, and he could be a decent addition for some team in the NFL.
Problem is Vick was already suspended once and still didn't learn his lesson. I see him going to some team like the Raiders who doesn't care and would take him in Rds 3-6.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:09 pm

Just because he smokes alittle ganja and steps on people doesn't mean he can't throw touchdowns and run for them too. No rookie is going to come in and divide this locker room we have too many leaders who would be like "Little Vick, shut up and play." realistically we don't need to draft a QB and without a number 1 our late rounders could be crucial, nobody wants another Manuel White (waisted pick, no heart) on our hands.
HAIL

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:15 pm

I dont want Michael and he's the better of the two. I dont care if Marcus is supposedly the better talent because talent gets you nowhere if your head isn't on straight. I simply can't wait to see our QB ejected because he steps on top of a DE after a sack.

Also I want a QB to play the position and not a RB with a decent arm. I like M. Vick but a QB should be more comfortable throwing the ball than running with it.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:29 pm

No thanks. Not in first few rounds, not in the later rounds either. We have other needs at DE and CB, for example.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:33 pm

please...... :roll: lets just go for big names once again....... :?
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:40 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Just because he smokes alittle ganja and steps on people

Stop right there. That alone is enough to eclipse any amount of talent he might have.

This team (and rightfully so) values scruples more than skills.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:55 pm

Lets not forget that Riggins used to play drunk sometimes.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby skinsRin » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:58 pm

are you crazy man! we still have Cambell that is our future, I hope!
DON'T SING IT! BRING IT!

Hog

Postby Redskins4Life » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:06 pm

P.S. According to Rivals.com Marcus Vick just got kicked out of Virginia Tech. Careers already going downhill

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:14 pm

Redskins4Life wrote:P.S. According to Rivals.com Marcus Vick just got kicked out of Virginia Tech. Careers already going downhill

HAHHA serves him right. Im glad. He was riding on his brother coattails anyway and thought he was going to get a free pass. Im glad to see these schools getting tuff with these kids, they're getting egotistical way before they even hit the pros. I have no pity for someone who gets chance after chance to live a life most of us would love to have and just piss it all away.
"You want fries with that?"
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:38 pm

This is a great idea..we could draft Vick right after we sign TO :roll:
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:57 pm

Let me say this, Marcus is not going to be saying "do you want fries with that" even if he never plays another down of football he'll be wealthy his whole life, I said a 4th rounder would not be too much for a project like him because of the potential upside, for those of you who say you don't want Michael Vick, Atlanta had a down year and underachieved but it was not M. Vick's fault, the guy is simply the most physically gifted QB to ever hold the football if he was half the student P. Manning is he'd be the league mvp and pro bowler every year. I was just thinking maybe Gibbs could spark that student mentality into Marcus and we'd have a number 3 with serious potential.
HAIL

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010