The Falcons game

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Site Admin

The Falcons game

Postby BossHog » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:53 pm

Well I'm sure I'm not the only one that is pretty happy that we're preparing for a Vick-less Falcons this week. Doug Johnson showed me very little last week, and I think he'll be psyched out by this whole Spurrier/Johnson stigma that is floating around.

Duckett and Dunn are what we have to worry about. We did a great job last week against C.Martin, but this week will be a different kind of test. Atlanta's version of Thunder and Lightning have the potential to be a dangerous pair on their good days. T.J looked good late in the game last week.

I think that once again Champ Bailey could cover both WR's if they lined up on the same side of the field. :) We should be able to load up the box with 8 guys on most plays and get some run support from Bowen. He's due for a snot bubble buster, and I'm hoping he picks Dunn instead of Duckett, 'cause T.J. is a biiiig back.

Getting a lead early in this game will be huge. If we can score on our first 2 drives and stop them... they'll be forced to throw instead of run, and I don't think they have the QB-WR tandem to pose much threat to Champ and Smooooot.

We need the win with the way our schedule is. But I think if we can be 3-3 after week 6, we'll have a really good shot at making the playoffs.

Your thoughts on the game...

:feedback;

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:06 pm

atl's o line is a little weak. our makeshift d line will probably hold up well, freeing up space in the running game for our LB's. i agree, if we can score early and force atl to be one dimensional, we will probably make them look bad.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:43 pm

I feel real good about this game. Atlanta struggled to beat the cowpukes and gave up a number of big plays to that group of no-talents. Atlanta's secondary is suspect and if SS doesn't get too conservative in his play calling, I feel the passing game should have a BIG week.......assuming of course our o-line continues to jel and can protect P-Ram better than they did last week. I understand we need to run the ball for balance, but sure would like to see us throw the ball deep more often. Why have the burners if we're not going to stretch the d? Jacobs return should make this even more a reality....I hope.

I really feel if the o-line continues to jel and pass protects better that P-Ram and his weapons on the outside can put up some huge numbers. The Falcon d is also banged up and their secondary is young and/or weak. The starting FS (Capenter)is doubtful w/ a hamstring injury and starting SS (Hall) is doubtful with a knee injury......seems like the deep middle is prime for the taken for Coles and Johnson!

I also feel good about our d matching up against the Vick-less Falcons. Duckett and Dunn don't scare me in the least and the Falcon WR corp is hurting with Finneran and Dunbar out.

HTTR

Can't wait to watch the g-strings kick puscells cowpukes ass on Monday night either....can't wait to see puscells lose it after a devastating butt-whippin'

here's a little something for the cowpussies Monkey
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Postby MrGibbs9 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:01 pm

The way Lavar man-handled the Jetless running attack last Thursday was a beautiful thing. I predict at least 1 serious hit on big TJ, and Dunn leaving the game from one-too-many backfield drag-downs. ROTFALMAO
Hail to the Redskins!

sfir

Re: The Falcons game

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:49 pm

BossHog wrote:get some run support from Bowen. He's due for a snot bubble buster, and I'm hoping he picks Dunn instead of Duckett, 'cause T.J. is a biiiig back.

Yo Boss - forget the hit on Moss in the Wets game? That nine yard reverse where he did a flying clothesline? I wouldn't have wanted to be Moss' spine on that play :)

I think with the injuries that Atl has and the solid center of our line being a pleasant surprise, even against people like Mawae last week, that we can stop the run. The edge running that Atl likes to do is going to have trouble against Arrington and Armistead. You just know Trotter is still looking out for another big game to offset last year so look for him to be in on it too.

Their line is ok, with the exception of Kearney who spikes in performances. He is great one game and down the next. Their LB corps was once good LBs but getting long in the tooth and they are thin there which is bad for a 3-4 style defense. Their secondary showed they can't match speed, and Ramsey is definitely much better than Carter as far as knowing his offense, so I expect we'll see him do some damage there.

I would call it Skins 24 Pidgeons 13

Just my My 2 cents
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:49 am

LOL. I think Champ or Smoot May have some INTs, cause there is alot of talk about SOS and his college QB (SLinger). I think he will throw to many bad passes to live up to the hype printed in the newspapers this week. #-o #-o #-o #-o :puke: ROTFALMAO :D
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006