To many hits on Ramsey!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

To many hits on Ramsey!!

Postby redskinfan » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:41 pm

Spurrier said after the game that Ramsey had a jammed shoulder.Ramsey should be very sore for a few days and he's not sure if he would play against the giants.We'll see

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:58 pm

If we bring up Hamdan or sign another qb (besides Wuerffel), i was thinkin about another qb we might go after...Dave Brown. He's not half bad and if I'm not mistaken, I think he might have played for Spurrier at Duke. I wouldn't mind signing him because he's better than Wuerffel (and i have a lot of cards of him) :lol:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:18 pm

no ramsey = no WIN!!!!
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:23 pm

Ramsey is getting hit WAY too much. A lot of it is the RBs fault - also, I think we need a TE to REGULARLY help on the blind side, but AWESOME COMBACK!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:11 am

At least there were adjustments made in the second half, but I think about what Moose was saying about def. coord. around the league stating that our blocking scheme was easy to penetrate - and I question Kim Helton again - we have gotten worse with better people - or at best stayed the same - when do we start questioning him and Stock? 2 games - 3 huge returns... scaring the holy bejeebers out of me on every kick
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:53 am

It's quite possible that the blocking scheme is to blame here. What was killing me was seeing Samuels fall for the fake blitz packages and jumping (seemed like 10 times) or falling for the real blitz packages and getting mowed over. He is a professional...those mistakes are not acceptable and not really like him. I'll give him credit for coming out and saying last week he wasn't comfortable with the 3-4 though....so maybe im too hard on him here.

I am begining to see why Trung can be a liability sometimes. Granted he ran great and I love his play with the ball but some of the blocks and reads he missed were terrible.

We must plug those holes when we see big blue this weekend.

Hail to the Redskins!! 2-0 BABY!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:35 pm

Actually - Samuels allowed one sack, and jumped 2 times - still too dang many for an all pro - but I think it is the scheme, not him.

The backs allowed 2, Fiore 1, Moore 2

Moore and Fiore also allowed the most pressure. Not much from Jansen and Thomas, which is good - I think Jon actually broke his 65 game string of having at least one hold per game on key situations :)

I still wonder about Helton. I love Russ Grimm but he didn't help us much either - anyone know where Hanifan is?
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:41 pm

Hanifan is still in St. Louis.

Probably getting a little long in the tooth, although I think he is probably the greatest o-line coach ever... and certainly my personal favorite.

But after 30 years in the league, I would rather see someone younger at the helm. I mean Hanifan played in the CFL for the Argos in like 1955 or something stupid like that :-)

Grimm didn't have a line to work with like the one we have now. I think he'd be wonderful and any time you can bring an original Hog in to the fray, you'll get no arguments from me.

I don't know if helton is the problem, but this line has certainly showed less than I was hoping for to date.

Hard to be too upset about it though when you're 2-0.

Whoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:48 pm

So true Boss - but I have to say that it disturbs me when I see little blurbs popping up in the news reports like "whispers are starting that the line degredation has been caused by Kim Helton" or that report by Moose on Fox. If there is any truth to it, then Helton needs to be examined.

That's all I am saying - notice I didn't say fire him - but with two supposedly very good guards, bookend tackles and a good center, we can't keep Patrick off the turf. 10 sacks in 2 games - we are on pace for 80 this year at this rate. It didn't even get better from week 1 to week 2 and we face the Pats soon who got 7 on the Iggles.

I think questions need to be bandied about now before the end of the season so they can make a move when the time comes if they see the problem as being Helton.

I noticed you didn't argue about Stock though ::grin::
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:54 pm

.. no I started the Stock poll and voted that he WAS the problem, so i definitely agree about Stock and have been calling for his head on a platter for quite some time.

Don't dispute anything you say about Helton, Ramsey's already been sacked more times than Rypien was in the '91 season (god i love that stat). I don't KNOW if he's the problem, but you always hold the boss responsible... so he's responsible for a very disppointing start to what I thought would be a phenomenal year for the Redskins o-line.

The 3-4 is definitely to blame some for yesterday's performance, but that's what a coach is for.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football