I'm here for my crow, no catch-up please!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

I'm here for my crow, no catch-up please!!!

Postby birdforlife56 » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:25 pm

I came to you guys' message board and doubted Mr. Ramsey and for that I apologize.

Congratulations to Steve Spurrier, all of the Washington Redskins, and you fans on a helluva game. They made the right adjustments and then opened a can on my Falcons. Great job, good luck the rest of the season, maybe we'll get a post season re-match :shock:
Our condolences to skins fans, maybe he'll go back to college ball!!!!!!!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:18 am

I appreciate you coming here to do that - tells me that you and the other Falcons' Fans are real fans (no sarcasm)

I was rather blunt in my analysis on your board and while a couple of people didn't like it, it was rather accurate. Had you had Finneran, Vick and the safeties, I don't know how the game would have gone, but I would have given the advantage to the Falcons. We tried to self destruct earlier in the game - you did it in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Fortunately for us, it came down to a safety from Armstead.

I was impressed with the blitzing and play of your front 7, and I know P Ram was "impressed" by it. It can be a ferocious defense, but it left you all open to too many big plays. Any blitz style has that though, so that isn't unusual.

What was unusual was P Ram and Coles. Had Vick been there, would the game have changed - definitely. He probably would have run some, but not as much as people think since there was pressure, but not major pressure. Would he have allowed that safety - probably not, but you never know if he got caught like DJ did - you can see when he spotted Armstead - his helmet was scanning then you see a little "tic". Had Vick not seen Armstead til then - well - I saw him take sacks at Tech like that too.

All in all, we played better than the critics gave us credit, and so did you all. I look forward to the Giants with a little more hope now after a huge test was passed by our team against yours - I never looked past your team one bit. The blitzes and pressure is a great test of our young QB, and he got through it - and maybe, just maybe, the line can keep the Giants out of our backfield.

The run game, the defense, P Ram dealing with your blitz and getting the speedy, surehanded Jacobs back at slot WR makes me feel much better.

Good game, tough loss for y'all (once again - no sarcasm). I feel for you having lived it with our beloved Skins every year since 91.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:21 am

truly, we could have easily lost this game. The falcs are a good team. We were real close to being buried I think. I agree with Wilbon that Bruce Smith pulled us back from the edge.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football