How about them panthers?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Site Admin

How about them panthers?

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:31 pm

Well the Carolina fans were in here in the preseason telling everyone that Stephen Davis was going to put them over the top. Wingman gave em some credit, but I don't think too many other people did.

And while they have by no means wiped the floor with anyone yet... beating the defending champs in their home stomping grounds is pretty impressive.

Figures that one of our 'easier' games on the schedule is starting to look more and more like it will be a very tough win to come by.

I'm happy for the Panthrs though, they made a lot of good offseason moves and that d-line is impressive. 3 blocks yesterday... aye... gimme a break.

Keep chugging SD... we miss ya. Until you return for the Panthers/Skins game that is.

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:45 pm

Is that NT a recreation of Ed "Too Tall" Jones? That guy was massive from what little I caught on ESPN News sitting at lunch.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:17 pm

Yeah, I am back tracking full throttle on thinking this would be an easier game on our schedule. That defense had something to prove at Raymond James and they did it. Not sold on their offense of course but with that D they won't need to score more than 13 if this keeps up. 3 blocks is just completely insane. Those guys were fired up.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:07 pm

i live in nc, and there is quite a buzz around here now. panthers got the week off. next game against atl. they could very well be in the playoffs. being a skins fan, i've been approached on countless occasions, and asked why we would ever let davis go.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:44 pm

Tell 'em the truth - 11 mil THIS YEAR against a salary cap when we want to re sign Arrington and Bailey - nobody - except maybe Payton or Sanders would be worth that, and even then I don't think so.
Rich in Roanoke

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:50 am

I agree skinsfaninroanoke, but we can still miss Stephen, who was the only bright spot other than Arrington over the past few years.

Carolina is looking great....impressive win in TB.

TB had to be stacked against the run considering the Panther QB situation/s and Stephen still had over 100 yards, I believe....someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:00 pm

Oh - I miss him, but once Trung and Betts start getting more opportunity (ie the line doesn't allow sacks and the QB quits getting sack-fumbles and the penalties decrease) I think we won't be missing him quite as much. I love the fact we have gotten 160 and 125 yards rushing in the two games so far.

11 mil would have removed that bright spot called Champ and seriously endangered Lavar. I just think it is interesting that he was willing to sign for 1 mil with Carolina.
Rich in Roanoke

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:08 pm

I agree and hope our o-line jels soon...more for P-Ram's sake than anyone. We MUST keep him healthy or we're DONE!

Did SD refuse a significant paycut? I know he took the 1 mil per season cause that was all he could get....the interest just wasn't what he thought it would be.

Is Champ's deal going to get done? God, I hope so.
We'll miss you, Joe.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:42 pm

I said several weeks ago that I thought Carolina would be a contender this year. {Can't find the post for the quote}.

Their only down-fall, IMO, is their QB. If Peete can have a Dilfer-type year, perhaps they'll go further into the playoffs that most would suspect.

We'll see...but I, like most of you, have back-tracked somewhat on thinkin' that this might be an easier game for the Skins later on.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:15 pm

venting, the panthers named dellhome as their starter last week, and probably will remain there the entire season, barying injury.
Last edited by hailskins666 on Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:16 pm

they won't go anywhere with Dellhome and Davis will get injured eventually
We'll miss you, Joe.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:33 am

venting, the panthers named dellhome as their starter last week, and probably will remain there the entire season, barying injury.

Whoops. My bad. Either way....their QB is the "weakest link" and they have to overcome problems at that position to go far this year.....IMHO.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to Around the League