Draft Marcus Vick

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
piggie

Postby jklote » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:44 am

Jake wrote:
Countertrey wrote:If he turns out to be a pain in the butt, see ya later...

Why draft him if we already know that's gonna be the case? Waste of time, waste of a pick, waste of money.

Because for a low round pick you can get the QB with maybe the best upside in the draft. I've watched all of his college games (including Spring games) and in my opinion he is more talented than his brother. He runs a legit 4.4 40 yard dash, can make all the throws, and can read defenses.

Last year he was probably the best player on a very good Virginia Tech team. He probably should've won ACC player of the year.

Hog

Postby vtfootball07 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:29 am

jklote wrote:
Jake wrote:

Why draft him if we already know that's gonna be the case? Waste of time, waste of a pick, waste of money.

Because for a low round pick you can get the QB with maybe the best upside in the draft. I've watched all of his college games (including Spring games) and in my opinion he is more talented than his brother. He runs a legit 4.4 40 yard dash, can make all the throws, and can read defenses.

Last year he was probably the best player on a very good Virginia Tech team. He probably should've won ACC player of the year.

Alright, easy with all the praise for young Marcus there. When you say he is more talented than Michael, I take it to mean that he is a better athlete. This IS NOT the case. While he still a very good athlete, what separates Marcus from Michael is that Marcus throws a better deep ball. Marcuse doesn't rely solely on his athletic ability to get out of jams, as Michael does. Marcus said during bowl season that he needed to stay an extra year to get practice reading defenses. Why in the world would you draft a player that has had so many problems with the law and has been terrible any time he faces a defense filled with good athletes (ie: Miami and FSU in Fall '05)? My bet is that Marcus is lucky to get drafted in the 6th, but IMO should fall out of the draft and be a free agent.

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:55 pm

Hey, you guys thought Vince Young was stupid. Dude, at least he scored a whopping 15 on the Wonderlic.

Vick, yeah, he got an 11.

Again, I'll pass on this dope.
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:37 am

I would take him and use him just like Brian Mitchell was used.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

piggie

Postby leatherhead 377 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

air_hog wrote:Hey, you guys thought Vince Young was stupid. Dude, at least he scored a whopping 15 on the Wonderlic.

Vick, yeah, he got an 11.

Again, I'll pass on this dope.

Yes, Young got a 15 on the second try! A 6 on the first, so Marcus is still in the lead when it come to the Wonderlic. However; one problem child on the time is enough (See S. Taylors mess) I'll pass on vicks talent his history speaks volumes! Nuff said! :D
The weaker are always anxious for justice and equality. The strong pay no heed to either.

Hog

Postby MtSherwood7 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:41 pm

vtfootball07 wrote:
jklote wrote:
Jake wrote:

Alright, easy with all the praise for young Marcus there. When you say he is more talented than Michael, I take it to mean that he is a better athlete. This IS NOT the case. While he still a very good athlete, what separates Marcus from Michael is that Marcus throws a better deep ball. Marcuse doesn't rely solely on his athletic ability to get out of jams, as Michael does. Marcus said during bowl season that he needed to stay an extra year to get practice reading defenses. Why in the world would you draft a player that has had so many problems with the law and has been terrible any time he faces a defense filled with good athletes (ie: Miami and FSU in Fall '05)? My bet is that Marcus is lucky to get drafted in the 6th, but IMO should fall out of the draft and be a free agent.

Good call on him not being drafted!! Niiiice
'Skins 2005 Superbowl champs... crazier things HAVE happened!

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010