Today's Practice

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Site Admin

Today's Practice

Postby BossHog » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:00 pm

I'll likely do a podcast on today's practice but not until tomorrow as I am writing up my second part of the Jesse Lumsden interview, but I just wanted to relay a couple of quick notes.

Injury bug hit pretty hard today as Jim Molinaro, Ladell Betts, Robert Johnson, Mark Brunell and a few others I'm sure i'm forgetting did nt practice.

But what I REALLY wanted to say quickly was that this was arguably the BEST I have ever seen the Redskins look at Redskin Park in training camp. They were so sharp this afternoon. I'm not going to go into individual performances as I probably will in the podcast... but this was the most crisp practice I have watched in four years of training camps.

Everyone was on... very few 'drops' or mistakes. This team was firing on all cylinders today.... great stuff.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:09 pm

great to hear!!!

hopefully the injuries are minor.

thanks for all the updates from camp. they are much appreciated. :wink:
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:36 am

I was at the practice on Tuesday, and I noticed the following:

- Carlos Rogers was practicing again (he'd been out with back spasms). I'm not sure it was his rfirst day back, but I did know he was wearing one of those heat patches on his back.

- Todd Collins looked sharp in practice. His timing on the throws looked impecable, and he had some deep throws that hit his receivers (Thrash, Moss) in stride. On my way to camp I was telling my buddy that I wasn't feeling good about T.C. backing up Brunell, but I "saw the light" at practice. Collins certainly knows the system, and he just might have his shot to finally succeed in the NFL, should (God forbid) Brunell goes down with injury.

- Jason Campbell looked good running the quick (2-min.??) offense, particularly the long throws. I'm still a bit apprehensive about his short passes, as they see to go on a line, and can easily get batted down at the line of scrimmage. Yesterday, he certainly benefitted from the "no contact" rule for QBs, as on more than one occasion, he most certainly looked like he would have gotten sacked.

- The Canadian Connection (Lumsden/ Carter) looked great in person, no wonder we keep hearing good things outta camp on them

- Finally, I just want to say that it seems like Joe finally has his type of players at every position playing for him this year. Everyone was upbeat, and look sold on what Gibbs wants to do this year. It was my first time at training camp yesterday, and I could NOT be happier about the progress of this team!!!!

BTW - I was bummed that Brunell was not able to practice, but I heard on the radio this AM, that he had gotten kicked in the calf in an earlier practice.

Also, Brandon Lloyd did not practice. Not sure why. BH should have a more throrough report on the podcast.

Thanks for the vine!!! :up:
Back and better than ever!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:42 am

I can't believe I'm saying this... but I agree on all points. :shock:

Lloyd has a minor hip flexor...

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:42 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Also, Brandon Lloyd did not practice. Not sure why.

He felt some tightness in his hip... is day to day

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:54 am

BossHog wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this... but I agree on all points. :shock:

:o Thanks.

While I have your attention, BH, I also want to publicly thank you for putting this site together. I really felt so knowledgeable about the team yesterday, and it's due to the work that you and your staff provide.

I was calling out names of players, and background information on them that must have surprised some people around me, and the realization of this site's awesomeness became all to clear at one particular moment in practice....

I saw Buck Ortega, and immediately began to root for him and tell my friend about him. It was awesome!!! Thanks, Boss. You and your staff have made me a more informed Redskins fan.

THN = THE Best!!! My 2 cents
Back and better than ever!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:35 am

Cheers. :up:

Helping people bleed burgundy and gold is all we're really trying to accomplish here.

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:58 am

BossHog wrote:Cheers. :up:

Helping people bleed burgundy and gold is all we're really trying to accomplish here.

my blood is definitely burgundyish, but if you see any gold color in your blood you should probably contact a doctor immediately.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:32 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:THN = THE Best!!! My 2 cents

Best website ever!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby yupchagee » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:46 pm

die cowboys die wrote:
BossHog wrote:Cheers. :up:

my blood is definitely burgundyish, but if you see any gold color in your blood you should probably contact a doctor immediately.

Or a prospector :wink:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007