Fan Appreciation Day: Priceless

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.

Can you see even a sliver of the silver lining in the 2006 F.A.D. experience?

Absolutely. I am optimist.
23%
No way. Dan Snyder is the Devil, and he uses his pitchfork to get to our wallets.
32%
I can't remember. The Doctor says memory loss is common with heat stroke.
5%
Wait. Fan Appreciation Day was LAST weekend? DANG!!!
41%

Total votes : 22
~~

Fan Appreciation Day: Priceless

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:27 pm

The recent Water Gate Blog, as well as the Fan Appreciation Day survey link made me think about how much F.A.D actually cost me (mind you, I bought no souvenirs/memorabilia). So I thought, we could look at both the negative side ($$$ spent) and the positives (good experiences at FedEx) that took place that that. Of course, I suggest we use the good ol' Mastercard "priceless" format.

I'll go first:

TRO's F.A.D. experience:
Parking at FedEx: $25
"Lineman" Combo & Drink: $19
Bottle of water to stave off dehydration: $5
Watching Redskins Football in the Club Section of FedEx for under $50 and meeting some peeps from THN: priceless
Back and better than ever!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:51 pm

Just like foosball, Snyder is the devil! :twisted:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

+++

Postby NikiH » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:55 pm

I don't think it's anything more then a rip off. That was NOT fan appreication day. It was a scrimmage that they gave that label to save from hosting and actual fan apprecation day. Snyder keeps expanding ways to take our money and deminishing ways to actually 'give' the fans anything.

That being said I had a good time. But a good time is more about the company you keep then about the place where you go. It was nice to be in Fed Ex and see football too though.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:00 pm

Devil Dan is evil.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:07 pm

Snyder keeps expanding ways to take our money and deminishing ways to actually 'give' the fans anything.

While I agree on some level's. Since day one Snyder has poured money into personnel moves (be it many bad ones early on), and signing and retaining top-notch coaches. Simply put At least he does not horde all the money fans spend on this team and make no effort to improve are standing on the field.

With that said, I still don't like the man very much.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:10 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Devil Dan is evil.

Danny brought Joe back. Danny's putting out big $$ for the new guys - Lloyd, A.R.E., AA, Carter, etc. Sure, Danny charges a ton for tickets, etc., but at least he's putting money back into the team. He ain't the Bidwells!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:18 pm

Great nickname, though I like TMQ's new moniker for Danny better. Check it out. :up:

Perhaps TMQ might have to make a retraction following the fan's gripes about F.D.A. #-o

Hog

Postby Cooley47 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:22 am

Everybody here is wrong about Danny sorry. He made his mistakes but he absolved them all by getting Gibbs back. He could have killed an innocent person and I would still always love him for bringing us the best coach of all time.
I miss you 21.

God I wish we had a second round pick.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:47 pm

Mursilis wrote:

Danny brought Joe back. Danny's putting out big $$ for the new guys - Lloyd, A.R.E., AA, Carter, etc. Sure, Danny charges a ton for tickets, etc., but at least he's putting money back into the team. He ain't the Bidwells!

Hey, lololol Im a lot more reserved on my opinion of him than before. I was still bitter from the scrimmage. Dude it was FAN APPRECIATION DAY, I can deal with his crap during every other even during the year but the ONE day its supposed to be about us.....he doesn't come through.

He's getting better. If he gets us improved jumbotrons and let us bring our own water, I wouldn't have an issue.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

+++

Postby NikiH » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:01 pm

I'm pleased that he brought Gibbs back but just to put things into prespective for you, I had to buy water for Jackson's flag football game today. We went to the price club (Costco) and we got a case of 24 waters. Deer Park Sports bottles. At least the size of the ones Danny Boy was charging 5 bucks for. And we got the entire case for 7 bucks. And price club probably bought them in a lower quanity then the people who supply them for Fed Ex field and they still made a profit on them charging me a little under 30 cents a piece. I'm not asking Daniel Snyder to give away water, that wouldn't be good business. I am however saying that raising the price of water, when water is an essential part of survival is not only disrespectful it's not showing me any "appreciation"!
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Hog

Postby rick301 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:48 am

NikiH wrote:I don't think it's anything more then a rip off. That was NOT fan appreication day. It was a scrimmage that they gave that label to save from hosting and actual fan apprecation day. Snyder keeps expanding ways to take our money and deminishing ways to actually 'give' the fans anything.

That being said I had a good time. But a good time is more about the company you keep then about the place where you go. It was nice to be in Fed Ex and see football too though.

I could not have said it any better ... and it allowed me some quality time with my son :D

but I really missed the actual F.A.D. interaction with the players and the autographs

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:57 am

rick301 wrote:
NikiH wrote:I don't think it's anything more then a rip off. That was NOT fan appreication day. It was a scrimmage that they gave that label to save from hosting and actual fan apprecation day. Snyder keeps expanding ways to take our money and deminishing ways to actually 'give' the fans anything.

I could not have said it any better ... and it allowed me some quality time with my son :D

but I really missed the actual F.A.D. interaction with the players and the autographs

In defense of Danny Warbucks, he did have to foot the bill for the payroll for FedEx staff (concessions, security, PGPD, janitorial personnel, etc.), he had to pay for the utility bills of running FedEx for a day, promotional items, AND on top of everything else, FREE ADMISSION for 47K+ people on a Weekend.

Granted, he's making a great priofit on his investment, but, to brush off the expenses he incurred that day shows that we fans have a degree of slefishness that we're overlooking. And, yes, I am aware that he had corporate sponsors to help buffer th financial blow.

Some people won't EVER get a chance to enter FedEX for free, or sit in the club seats, or sit in a dream seat. For one day only, many were given that opportunity. Just because my experience was not the best, doesn't mean that someone's dreams were fulfilled that very same day. My 2 cents

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:13 am

Are you kidding? The money he made off the water alone paid those bills.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby rick301 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:29 pm

JansenFan wrote:Are you kidding? The money he made off the water alone paid those bills.

and the $25 parking ... the concessions probably paid for themselves plus some profit ... and then the was the merchandise sales

I doubt that Dan had to shell out anything ... in fact, he probably made more money than he would have if the F.A.D. was at Redskins Park

------------

Postby Redskins1974 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:54 pm

Do you all really think this is isolated to Dan Snyder and the Redskins? Welcome to modern day pro-sports!
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.

~Marcus Aurelius

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007