My Day At Training Camp - A Star Is Born?

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Pursuer of Justice

My Day At Training Camp - A Star Is Born?

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:24 pm

Well, it's 10:00 PM and I just got back home from training camp. A few observations before I post all of the pictures I took today.

1. I was kinda dissapointed at not seeing more THN people there. I ran into BossHog but he was apparently too busy doing other things to really give me the time of day so, unfortunately, I didn't really get a chance to talk with him. I would have really liked to have been able to do that, but it apparently wasn't in the cards. I also ran into Redeemed, which was cool, and passed him my VIP pass for several minutes.

2. Kelly Johnson is cuter in real life than she is on TV.

3. Jason Campbell throws a really sweet long ball.

4. VIP Passes

I really really enjoyed having VIP passes today. What did that get me? Well, I got to sit on the field while watching the team practice (instead of standing behind a rope.) It also got me into the TENT area, near where the players come onto (and off) the field. That got me reallly close to the players, allowing me to take some great shots after practice. It also allowed me to shake the hands of Jason Campbell and Adam Archuleta...and make a few comments to a few players:

(a) To David Lonie, "Dude, I hope you win the battle this camp. I'm really pulling for you.
Reply, "Thanks. I had a good morning...and I'm getting there."

(b) To Adam Archuleta (before shaking his hand), "I can't wait to see some of your monster hits this year!"
Reply, "Me either!"

(c) To Randy Thomas, "You're one of my favorites, dude!"
Reply, "That's cool. Someone called me Dockery earlier!"

(d) To Jason Campbell (before shaking his hand), "Be patient man. You're time will come and when it does, you'll be great."
Reply, "Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for."

All in all, VIP access was great. I'm gonna spend a lot on my credit cards to try to get it next year, too.

5. A Star is Born?

What the hell am I talking about? Well, check out tonight's NIGHTLY NEWS segment on REDSKINS.COM TV my brothers and sisters and tell me who you see?!?!? That's right.....ME!!! (It's about 2:00 - 2:35 on the video.)
I gave Larry Michael my name and mentioned TheHogs.Net, but he didn't plug the site like I tried to get him to do!!! Dammit!

Okay, on to the pictures:

This is very frustrating. I uploaded all of the pictures to a Snapfish website and tried to post their URLS here (with the [img] command), but it's not working for some reason. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it's not working.

So, I guess if you want to view all of my pictures, you can try looking HERE!!

Hopefully, this site will allow you to see all of the pictures I took. If it doesn't please let me know and I'll see if I can do anything else.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:43 pm

RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:52 pm

No fair! I had to wait until I drove home to make my post!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby SkinsFanInHawai'i » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:11 pm

Thanks for sharing.

:lol:

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:14 pm

SkinsFanInHawai'i wrote:Thanks for sharing.
:lol:

Okay, now I"m wondering how you were able to post that picture, but I wasn't.

<-----A little confused right about now.

Honestly, I've only recently had problems posting pictures from my Snapfish site. I don't know why.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:00 am

Oh, I forgot to mention one other thing in my original post.

6. Media Guide for "Media Only"

I walked up to the concession booth and asked for a "Media Guide". I was told, "we don't sell Media Guides to fans this year . . . and offer them to the media only."

What a load of crap! The more and more I read about fans getting s__t on on in these threads, the more and more I believe it.

One final thought, in my original post about BH, I was not implying he was an ass or was blowing me off. I just recognized he was very busy at the time I was trying to talk with him; therefore, he really couldn't chat back. Unfortunate....but understandable.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:39 am

Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:33 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Image

You know how I get around popcorn and it's too early for this.

JH lets face it when it comes to the Redskins, it is the media that needs a guide - we the fans have THN :lol:

~~

Re: My Day At Training Camp - A Star Is Born?

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:10 am

Justice Hog wrote:I also ran into Redeemed, which was cool, and passed him my VIP pass for several minutes.

JH - I cannot thank you enough for the VIP access you allowed me. I actually passed it to my friend who's a die hard Skins fan and took off work (something he RARELY does) to go see the Skins. He had his brand new digital camera (with the massive lens you saw -- great "lens envy" joke, btw, big guy :lol:), and he was able to take advantage of that access.

I personally didn't get a chance to use the VIP access, but to see my friend like a kid in a candy store was AWESOME!!!! Plus, being able to share my story with others about the "guy I know from Delaware with Dream Seats who got VIP access and let "us" use it was pretty neat.

One regret I DO have is not having jumped at the opportunity to get the VIP pass for Thursday. As you walked away I commented to my friend, "did I just turn down VIP access to training camp???" #-o

By the end of the practice, I figured you had already given the pass away, so I didn't bother asking, but I will now. You still got it? :?:

Either way, it was a pleasure to meet you and chat a bit. I'm glad you were able to make it down and have great weather to boot.

Thanks again for making my day at training camp even better.

I'll try to catch up with ya at FedEx at either the home opener or the Giants game (the only 2 games I'm confirmed to attend).

Blessings!!! O:)
VIVA SEXY!!!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:19 am

Justice Hog wrote:I walked up to the concession booth and asked for a "Media Guide". I was told, "we don't sell Media Guides to fans this year . . . and offer them to the media only."

I asked for a "roster sheet" having not printed my THN version beforehand, and was told that I could buy the yearbook, which includes the roster. I passed, of course, and took a quick walk back to my car, where, I fortunately had a copy of the roster printed out for the Scrimmage on Saturday. My little white sheet was a good conversation piece. :up:

I didn't feel cheated at all by the Skins; instead felt blessed to have not cleaned out the car following the scrimmage. :)

One final thought, in my original post about BH, I was not implying he was an ass or was blowing me off. I just recognized he was very busy at the time I was trying to talk with him; therefore, he really couldn't chat back. Unfortunate....but understandable.

I did notice BH walking back and forth through the VIP access area, handling business, always accompanied with 1 or more people. He was very focused on what he was doing, and I can't wait to hear about what next great additions will be made to this site on account of his efforts. I came away even more impressed by his love for the team and for this site.

In short, for those who hink this is a "vacation" for BH, quite the contrary. He's hard at work, and we greatly appreciate it. By the way, BH, nice braid yesterday. :up:
VIVA SEXY!!!

Pursuer of Justice

Re: My Day At Training Camp - A Star Is Born?

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:06 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:One regret I DO have is not having jumped at the opportunity to get the VIP pass for Thursday. As you walked away I commented to my friend, "did I just turn down VIP access to training camp???" #-o

It was my pleasure. I was really hoping to run into more THN family there . That way, I could have (and would have) passed off my VIP passes (and parking pass in the Burgundy lot) to them for Thursday. Alas, no one was found and you did turn them down initially.

When I saw BossHog, I mentioned them to him but he said he was leaving on Thursday.

About an hour after meeting you, I was standing in front of this really hot young woman with her child watching practice. I started chatting with her, and upon realizing she would also be coming on Thursday....I'll give you 3 guesses as to who has those passes now! (The 1st 2 don't count).

Either way, I'm glad your friend had a chance to enjoy them.

I'm definitely gonna ring up my credit card to earn enough points to get them next year, too. In fact, although I could pay for my season tickets, I'll probably just "charge" them and then pay off my credit card balance within a few days . . . simply to earn the "points".

Maybe next year, if I earn enough, I'll order 2 sets of VIP passes....and give the 2nd set away to someone from this site. We'll see.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:51 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:By the way, BH, nice braid yesterday. :up:

Thanks! :wink:
If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?

+++

Postby NikiH » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:22 pm

You wouldn't have wanted to run into me yesterday. Bad day! I'm planning on blogging it in a bit. But I'm glad you had a good time.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:25 pm

Okay, it looks like I can post photos now that I'm using Flickr. Instead of making y'all go find em, I'll post the photos I took here:

On The Field

Standing by the VIP Tents, Where Almost All Players Come Off the Practice Field

As I said before, I certainly could have gotten a ton of autographs, but I didnt' get a single one. Instead, I just chatted with a few players, shook their hands, and wished them a successful season. To me, that made my day.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:06 am

hey JH i would be there if i weren,t tied up here at work....

i,d be there wearin my hogs net shirt.

great pics ....thanks
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007