Injury Bug hits

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Injury Bug hits

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:21 pm

Backup running back Jesse Lumsden's name was added to the injury list yesterday. He has a problem with his hip flexor. That could be a setback if he is unable to play Sunday. Lumsden is in a serious battle for a roster spot, and the coaching staff is anxious to see him in action, especially on special teams.

Hope he is able to play Sunday

Wide receiver Taylor Jacobs faces long odds in making the roster this year. Three wide receivers are all but certain to be on the final 53-man list: Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El and Brandon Lloyd. James Thrash is an exceptional special teams player, and David Patton is a veteran receiver who had a good off-season. Mike Espy, a rookie free agent, also has impressed the coaches

Dosen't this happen every Training Camp?

Backup cornerback and special teams player Ade Jimoh has a sternum injury, will miss Sunday's preseason game against Cincinnati and will be out for part of next week.

The injury occurred when Jimoh was hit in the chest by running back Rock Cartwright during practice.

I think his spot is safe if he doesn't miss too much

link
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Postby yupchagee » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:45 pm

Quote:
Wide receiver Taylor Jacobs faces long odds in making the roster this year. Three wide receivers are all but certain to be on the final 53-man list: Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El and Brandon Lloyd. James Thrash is an exceptional special teams player, and David Patton is a veteran receiver who had a good off-season. Mike Espy, a rookie free agent, also has impressed the coaches

The way I see it, he is #7 WR & we will probably only keep 5.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:45 pm

I really hope that Lumsten is able to play. Maybee Gibbs will see that his determination and previous contributions will be enough for him to stay another week if he isn't able to play. My understanding is that after 2 preseason games, the teams have to cut down their roster to ? amt of players. One game really isn't enough.

Postby yupchagee » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:08 pm

frankcal20 wrote:I really hope that Lumsten is able to play. Maybee Gibbs will see that his determination and previous contributions will be enough for him to stay another week if he isn't able to play. My understanding is that after 2 preseason games, the teams have to cut down their roster to ? amt of players. One game really isn't enough.

Key Dates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regular Season · Preseason · Team-by-Team · Key Dates · Printable
2006 Key Dates
2006 Event
August 10-14 First preseason weekend
August 29 Roster cutdown to maximum of 65 players
September 2 Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players
September 7-11 Kickoff 2006 Weekend

http://sportsline.com/nfl/schedules/keydates
Skins fan since '55

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:36 am

While Jesse obviously doesn't want to miss any opportunities, I don't see any need to rush an injury. He's done enough to earn a look in the prseason regardless, and I doubt very much that missing Sunday's game would jeopardize that. The coaching staff really like him and aren't loking for a reason to drop him any time soon IMO. There are lots of other guys on the roster that should and will be 'cut' before the Redskins start thinking about where Jesse fits in. I'd hate to see him rush the injury and truly damage his chances by hurting himself further.

... and if Jesse can't go, then it's likely that Kerry Carter will benefit and see that much more playing time. He will likely see a lot regardless.

Nemo, Rock, and Carter will all get a lot of work on Sunday... both on offense and on special teams. Jesse too if he's ready to go. It's one of the best camp battles going and that's what preseason games are for... sorting out camp battles.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby Cooley47 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:25 am

At least the injury bug hasnt hit any actual players. I guess Jimoh could end up being the 4th CB. But neither of the other 2 matter Jacobs is our 6th WR and I would rather have Thrash anyway.
I miss you 21.

God I wish we had a second round pick.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:06 pm

Cooley47 wrote:At least the injury bug hasnt hit any actual players. I guess Jimoh could end up being the 4th CB. But neither of the other 2 matter Jacobs is our 6th WR and I would rather have Thrash anyway.

Do you even try to contribute or is this your way of padding :hmm:

You come across as being serious and that's scary if you are.

I'm pretty sure they are ALL actual players, I think 2 were actual Redskins and actually played in actual games, unless the Skins only dressed 51 last year. More has been heard from the 3rd guy than from the 2 to that I'm pretty sure were actually playing football for the Redskins last year.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby yupchagee » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:24 pm

Cooley47 wrote:At least the injury bug hasnt hit any actual players. I guess Jimoh could end up being the 4th CB. But neither of the other 2 matter Jacobs is our 6th WR and I would rather have Thrash anyway.

All 88 on the roster are "actual players" or they wouldn't be there. Jimoh, Molinaro & Jacobs were on last yrs roster. Lumsden has been very impressive. While not all of them would make this yrs team even if healthy, they are competing. My guess is that Lefotu is more a candidate for PS this yr. Lumsden has a good chance of making the roster.
Skins fan since '55

Hog

Postby Cooley47 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:45 pm

I mean contributors to the team. I am trying to say, thankfully none of the players who matter towards the outcome of the team besides maybe Jimoh are hurt.
I miss you 21.

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:02 pm

Will someone please highjack this thread, so I can lock it :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:57 pm

Cooley47 wrote:I mean contributors to the team. I am trying to say, thankfully none of the players who matter towards the outcome of the team besides maybe Jimoh are hurt.

Jim Molinaro isn't valuable? Our best offensive line backup isn't important and doesn't affect the outcome of the team??

Okay then.

Yeah... offensive linemen rarely get hurt do they?
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:02 pm

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Kili Lefotu
Ade Jimoh
Kevin Simon
Taylor Jacobs
Jesse Lumsden
Aric Williams
Curry Burns
Nic Clemons
Jim Molinaro
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Cooley47 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:12 pm

I didnt see the Jim Molinaro thing thats horrible. He is a big part of this team. I hope he can come back. O wait no one mentioned Molinaro earlier in the thread..........
I miss you 21.

Postby JPFair » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:16 pm

My only hope is that they haven't given Taylor Jacobs too much of Al Saunders new playbook, cuz with this latest injury, he's as good as gone, and someone is going to pick him up. I hope he does'nt go to a divisision rival, or anyone for that matter, where he can fill the coaching staff with some of the new nuances of our revamped offense that might feature some things that Saunders didn't use in K.C.

Jacobs, as I said, is as good as gone. I hope they've been limiting him to most of the playbook.
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

Postby yupchagee » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:28 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Kili Lefotu
Ade Jimoh
Kevin Simon
Taylor Jacobs
Jesse Lumsden
Aric Williams
Curry Burns
Nic Clemons
Jim Molinaro

None of these guys are assured of roster spots. They were probably pressing too much & not able to relax. That makes injuties more likely (& frequently detracts from performance).
Skins fan since '55

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007