Injury Bug hits

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:21 am

Cooley47 wrote:I didnt see the Jim Molinaro thing thats horrible. He is a big part of this team. I hope he can come back. O wait no one mentioned Molinaro earlier in the thread..........

Oh well then... if it's not already mentioned in one thread, how could you possibly be expected to know?

Some people gather information BEFORE formulating an opinion... it allows them to make less ignorant posts. :shock:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Boss, take it easy man.

Let's just hope we get through the pre-season without any major injuries and that everyone's healthy in time for the Vikings game.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:38 pm

JPM36 wrote:Boss, take it easy man.

Take what easy? Someone trying to figure out what they're talking about AFTER they've made a finite statement on something? Why?

If it's their right to make posts without thinking, then why isn't it someone else's right to take them to task? Or maybe it's just me that isn't entitled to an opinion?

I'm not hear to whipe noses... I'm here to encourage good dialogue about the Redskins. I follow the same rules that everybody else does. Good dialogue means meaningful discussion... informed discussion... if you don't know what you're talking about... that's cool... but don't act like you do... or don't be surprised when someone who thinks about things takes exception to something inane that you have said.

Everybody here has a right to express their opinion regardless of what it is.... as long as it's within the framework of our rules and regulations... for better or worse. :shock:

Making a statement like we have no 'contributors to the team' injured, when you don't even know who's injured, is uninformed to say the least. To blame it on it NOT being mentioned in a new thread is weak... especially when there is a thread on the same page entitled 'Molinaro Faces Knee Scope'. Maybe if a few people ARE taken to task when they type before they think... then maybe just a few of them WILL think before they type... and that ultimately will make THN a better forum for all Redskin fans.

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:06 pm

I just think you're being overly abrasive man. Not everyone follows the Redskins hardcore during the offseason. What percentage of Redskins fans would you say know that Jim Molinaro recently had his knee scoped? Not a huge amount I'd be willing to guess. Is that really such a big deal?

None of the guys mentioned in THIS thread, are hugely important to the Redskins success, although Jimoh is a key contributor, and I think that's what he meant. There's no need to come down so hard on people who misspeak.

I think people around here are too sensitive sometimes and take stuff too seriously, especially when other people have an opinion that differs from their own. I'm sure there a lot of Redskins fans who don't think that Jimoh or Lumsden or Jacobs being hurt makes any difference to the team, especially when it's the 2nd week of August.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 pm

No it's not a big deal if you don't know something about the team... just don't say something ridiculous like the team doesn't have anyone worth a lick of salt out injured when you don't know who's injured.

YOU may not think guys like Jimoh or Jacobs or Lumsden are 'hugely important' but since two out of those 3 guys might be on the roster... I'd say they're important. In fact, I'd say those are the 'battles' that you want to watch the most in the preseason games, so IMO that actually makes their absence that much more important.

And you're right, you are being too sensitive.

Me abrasive? Wow, what a surprise. Are you new here?

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:35 pm

I just think the abrasive hardass act gets old sometimes.

Let's just talk Redskins football without getting in the face of everyone we disagree with. We're all Redskins fans here. Why do we have to bicker with each other so much? We all want the same thing.

And I also dont think Jacobs or Lumsden are important to the Redskins success this season. I can't believe anyone actually believes they are. I realize football is a team sport but those guys are at the very bottom of the roster (if they even make it)

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:46 pm

... and you're entitled to feel that way... just as I'm entitled to be that way.

Difference is only one of us is whining about it, and taking this thread off topic.

... make general statements like 'we're all after the same thing' all you want... they're a lot easier to make when you don't have to clean up the mess around here.

I personally think ALL 53 guys that make the roster are 'contributors to the team', which if you'll go back through the thread, was the original contention... not that they were 'important to the success' of the team... let alone 'hugely important'.

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:55 pm

Yeah, I'm a whiner. That's me. I whine all the time. Blah blah blah.

Just more abrasiveness from you. Can you ever make an argument without attacking the other person?

I'm done with this thread as I don't feel like turning this into a whole big thing. I realize that you have a lot of work to do with a lot of messes on this site, and I really do appreciate everything you and the other staff members do. I just think that you are sometimes guilty of attacking people for no reason other than having a different opinion from your own. And for whatever reason, that bothers me.

If we are counting on contributions from Jacobs and Lumsden this season, I'll be worried.

Enjoy the game tonight.

Postby yupchagee » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:40 pm

Me abrasive? Wow, what a surprise. Are you new here?

You're not abrasive, you just rub some people the wrong way :wink:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:24 am

JPM36 wrote:Yeah, I'm a whiner. That's me. I whine all the time. Blah blah blah.

Just more abrasiveness from you. Can you ever make an argument without attacking the other person?

I'm done with this thread as I don't feel like turning this into a whole big thing. I realize that you have a lot of work to do with a lot of messes on this site, and I really do appreciate everything you and the other staff members do. I just think that you are sometimes guilty of attacking people for no reason other than having a different opinion from your own. And for whatever reason, that bothers me.

If we are counting on contributions from Jacobs and Lumsden this season, I'll be worried.

Enjoy the game tonight.

Sill going on about it eh? I haven't had time to post JACK since January when I started doing the site makeover... so where and when I've attacked these posters for having a 'different opinion'... I'd surely like you to point out to me.

And there isn't some rule that says I'm not allowed to express an opinion either... so find me a place where I ever break a board rule to commit these heinous 'attacks'. Because if it's in Smack... you're just spouting hot air... that's what smack is for... find me a transgression in the public forums... we allow others to attack a post, not a poster... same goes for the staff... so instead of just accusing me... why not provide me with an example where I have 'attacked somebody for having a different opinion'. Because i assure you, while i may have attacked a post... I will not have attacked the poster themselves... not outside Smack.

And you accuse me of attacking you? I said one of us is whining about it... you turn it into I called you a whiner... probably indicative of other leaps you're making. I didn't call YOU anything... I just said that you were whining in your post... and still are. :roll:

I suggest you take any further personal commentary on me to the Smack forum... where personal attacks belong... and stop hijacking this thread. You can say whatever you would like there... and I've heard it all before. If you'd like to attack the post itself... feel free... but since you seem to want to make this personal... take it to Smack please... you're selfishly taking his thread off topic continuously now...

... but I'm happy to pick up where we leave off in the Smack forum.

Hog

Postby USAFSkinFan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:39 am

give it a rest, both of you... any update on Portis this morning?

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:49 am

USAFSkinFan wrote:give it a rest, both of you... any update on Portis this morning?

... yeah he called me up and asked if he could tell me how to run the board too. He told me to give it a rest. :wink:

... so we're closing the board down today since everyone wants me to take a rest. :up:

Hog

Postby USAFSkinFan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:17 am

that's nice... did he mention anything about the swelling in his shoulder? How about Lumsden, will he be ready to go for the Jets game?

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:28 am

USAFSkinFan wrote:that's nice... did he mention anything about the swelling in his shoulder? How about Lumsden, will he be ready to go for the Jets game?

Nope, he just sent a bulk e-mail to the staff telling us to enjoy the day off.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:42 am

I was also asked to stop leaving my uniform in the break lounge and to please stop socializing with my friends on site time :roll: ... dude, Boss is, like, SUCH a stickler for the rules
RIP Sean Taylor

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007