Brunells interception

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
swine

Brunells interception

Postby redskinsrule54 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:22 pm

I just read at redskins.com in Brandond Loyds training camp journal that he wrote that the interception thrown by Brunell was Brunell trying to throw it away. I dont know how to make a link but you can copy and paste this.
http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=18548

---

Re: Brunells interception

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:26 pm

redskinsrule54 wrote:I just read at redskins.com in Brandond Loyds training camp journal that he wrote that the interception thrown by Brunell was Brunell trying to throw it away. I dont know how to make a link but you can copy and paste this.
http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=18548

I wasn't posting in the gameday forum when it happened but I thought that was pretty obvious....? Yall thought he was trying to throw it to someone?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:38 pm

Brunell also said after the game that he was trying to throw it away. There were some people in the Gamdeday thread that tried to blame Lloyd for the pick.....not sure why people thought that was anything other than a throwaway.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:44 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:Brunell also said after the game that he was trying to throw it away. There were some people in the Gamdeday thread that tried to blame Lloyd for the pick.....not sure why people thought that was anything other than a throwaway.

49er fans? :twisted:

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:27 pm

I think that is Brunell not throwing Lloyd under the bus. If he was trying to throw it away, he put it perfectly where had Lloyd ran an out, he could have caught it on the same yardline where he broke on an in route and been able to get out of bounds. Just an observation I made after numberous replays. Just my opinion.

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:36 pm

I think that is Brunell not throwing Lloyd under the bus. If he was trying to throw it away, he put it perfectly where had Lloyd ran an out, he could have caught it on the same yardline where he broke on an in route and been able to get out of bounds. Just an observation I made after numberous replays. Just my opinion.

If that was the case then I doubt that Lloyd would've written in his blog that Brunell was throwing it out of bounds. Also if it had been Lloyd's fault then Brunell likely would've said that it was "miscommunication" or something along those lines instead of saying that he was throwing it out of bounds. [/quote]

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:36 am

I can't understand how anyone who actually watched the play could say that Brunell was doing anything but trying to throw it away. He was under pressure, and didn't even look in the direction of the throw.

I was a bit surpised that it was such a crappy throw-it-to-the-towel-boy pass, since that's Brunell's specialty. In fact, I think they work the 'throw it away' drill every day in practice.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:38 am

joebagadonuts wrote:I can't understand how anyone who actually watched the play could say that Brunell was doing anything but trying to throw it away. He was under pressure, and didn't even look in the direction of the throw.

I was a bit surpised that it was such a crappy throw-it-to-the-towel-boy pass, since that's Brunell's specialty. In fact, I think they work the 'throw it away' drill every day in practice.

It did seem like he tried to put some mustard on it. :lol:

I wasn't too upset that he threw the pick, I was moreso troubled that it seemed like he put his all into getting that ball out of bounds just to fail miserably. :lol: I need to see the replay to see how he was positioned.

Hog

Postby USAFSkinFan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:15 am

Sure looked like he was throwing it away to me. He was just backing up and didn't get enough on it. If you've been reading Lloyd's journal entries, it doesn't sound like he would have any problem saying he screwed up and turned the worong way if that's what happened...

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:15 pm

USAFSkinFan wrote:Sure looked like he was throwing it away to me. He was just backing up and didn't get enough on it. If you've been reading Lloyd's journal entries, it doesn't sound like he would have any problem saying he screwed up and turned the worong way if that's what happened...

Ah that explains it. I sorta remebered him shifting around a bit but couldnt remeber.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:22 pm

That's what happens when you throw off your back foot. You come up short.

My 2 cents
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:34 pm

These young quarterbacks just don't know when to take a sack.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

swine

Postby redskinsrule54 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:02 pm

haha^

Postby yupchagee » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:03 pm

JansenFan wrote:That's what happens when you throw off your back foot. You come up short.

My 2 cents

I guess that's why we should have kept Ramsey? He REALLY knows how to take sacks. :wink:
Last edited by yupchagee on Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Postby yupchagee » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:03 pm

JansenFan wrote:That's what happens when you throw off your back foot. You come up short.

My 2 cents

I guess that's why we should have kept Ramsey? He REALLY knows how to take sacks. :wink:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007