really not that bad

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Hog

really not that bad

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:06 am

upon first viewing i was feeling pretty down about tonight's game and didn't even think i'd want to rewatch it. but upon rewatching it now, it really wasn't that bad.

some positives:
* Randle El- looked sensational
* back-up O-line looked much better than last week
* Campbell looks like he could be an absolute star. UNBELIEVABLE accuracy, teriffic poise. just has to work out a few decision-making kinks like any rookie.
* plenty of other stuff, this was just what stood out the most to me

obviously there were plenty of negatives too. but i'm not worried too much yet for whatever reason.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:17 am

As I have always said, I really don't care about Preseason games because the offenses/defenses are usually vanilla and it's about learning.

That being said, I would like this team to win at least one preseason game so they can get the winning "Mentality" in their head instead of a losing one.

Also, I was pissed that Lumsden didn't play a lot tonight.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:40 am

Justice Hog wrote:As I have always said, I really don't care about Preseason games because the offenses/defenses are usually vanilla and it's about learning.

That being said, I would like this team to win at least one preseason game so they can get the winning "Mentality" in their head instead of a losing one.

i agree on all accounts.

Hog

Postby ATV » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:08 am

Did you check out Gibbs in the locker room "Postgame Interview"? I've never seen him so pissed. Whether this was calculated, as the Washington Post assumes, I'm unsure, though I'm certain that was real emotion. This is the sort of genuine leadership that was always lacking under Norv Turner. I wish I could play for Gibbs, but sadly I can only root for him.

Hog

Re: really not that bad

Postby old-timer » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:50 am

die cowboys die wrote:upon first viewing i was feeling pretty down about tonight's game and didn't even think i'd want to rewatch it. but upon rewatching it now, it really wasn't that bad.

some positives:
* Randle El- looked sensational
* back-up O-line looked much better than last week
* Campbell looks like he could be an absolute star. UNBELIEVABLE accuracy, teriffic poise. just has to work out a few decision-making kinks like any rookie.
* plenty of other stuff, this was just what stood out the most to me

obviously there were plenty of negatives too. but i'm not worried too much yet for whatever reason.

As Gibbs said, there were lots of negatives, mostly the continuing miserable line play. This time, it was both the starting and backup units. The Jets are not as strong up front as the Bengals either. As I said before, if this doesn't somehow improve we are in for a long season, given the toughness of the NFC East.

On the positive side, ARE looked great, and Collins showed us why he's still playing pro football. Campbell has a great arm and looks very promising. The biggest plus I saw was Sellers. One of Gibbs' great strengths as coach is his ability to see things that work and run with it (this is how the Riggo drill started), and Sellers in the backfield works. I hope that Saunders and Gibbs will see that Sellers is a monster coming out of the backfield and give him more playing time at that position.

^^^^^

Postby patjam77 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:03 am

Justice Hog wrote:As I have always said, I really don't care about Preseason games because the offenses/defenses are usually vanilla and it's about learning.

Playing well against the Patriots in the first half next game is key... I would like to see at least 10 points go up with our "vanilla" offense against a very good Pats D. If the Skins can do this, all in Redskins land can rest easy for Sept. 11. Other-wise this may be a very up and down year.
May #21 never be worn again by another Redskin but may every Redskin play like they are wearing #21 on their backs.

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007