THN Gameday Thread

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:20 pm

Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:06 am

You're a man after my own heart, CLL. :lol:
Back and better than ever!

Hog

Postby USAFSkinFan » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:07 am

USAFSkinFan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
USAFSkinFan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I can understand the sadness to an extent but how is it fair to compare our team to any other team? Who here knows exactly what Gibbs, Saunders, Williams, Gray, Bugel and Danny where trying to do? None of us really know but it seemed that they were trying to evaluate ALL of their talent.

* When our starters were out there we dominated.
* Our defense crushed Cincys offense
* Our offense moved the ball pretty well being the FIRST TIME THEY'VE PLAYED AGAINST AN OPPOSING DEFENSE. It looked exactly like it was, a new scheme being deployed for the 1st time.

True it was painful to watch but even my Ravens loving cousin wasnt as harsh as some of you are.

You're kidding right? You think Gibbs accomplished what what he was "trying to do" in that game?... Gibbs thought it was awful, just like everyone else... It gives him lots to look at though. Those kinds of performances are probably better for evaluating guys than when everything goes according to plan...

Yes I think accomplished what he was trying to do. And what was that? Evaluating talent. Did he evaluate the talent? Yes. Mission accomplished!

I never said it was terriffic but this is why WE are playing the preseason. They still hard starters from last year playing against are camp fodder, guys who wont even make the team. We're trying to find people who will enhance the team. If that was our 1st string defense getting torn apart Id be worried but it wasn't.

Our coahces are going to evaluate each person and pluck them out of the bunch. Those players who performed well yesterday will be our backups. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

What happend when our 1st string defense was out there?
Who performed well lower in our depth charts?
Now add those lower depth people with our starting guys.
Looks good to me.

Still think Gibbs has accomplished what he wants? He's not happy... I don't think he's happy to just have some film to evaluate, he wants to see so me progress top to bottom...

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:13 pm

the sky is falling
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007