Game 3 of the 2006 Pre-Seaon

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Game 3 of the 2006 Pre-Seaon

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:31 pm

It's been a rough first two games of the 2006 pre-season.
Some say the sky is falling, others say we are in deep do-do but...
Me I'm the "homer" so my opinion doesn't count to those that really need it, I mean I ride shot-gun on the bandwagon(we just let TRO think he does), If you ever look for something negative from me on the Skins you'll miss it, So my opinion does count. But I have a question.

In two games the Skins have looked nothing like the team that ended the 2005 season (I could explain that away but who cares).

The play calling has been nothing like it was last year, not like Gibbs called games for the Skins in 05 or how Al did it in KC last year.

Gregg Williams can't be figured out regardless of how hard you try, so we really don't know what we are seeing with him.

Anyway here is the question...

What do expect to see in The Game @ New England?

vote here then come back and discuss
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

piggie

Postby This_Heat » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:46 pm

Well, I voted Gibbs will play the starters longer, but keep things vanilla. I don't know how much longer they'll play, but I'm really not worried. the more pre-season games we lose the better. last year we were 1-3 in pre-season.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:01 pm

This_Heat wrote:Well, I voted Gibbs will play the starters longer, but keep things vanilla. I don't know how much longer they'll play, but I'm really not worried. the more pre-season games we lose the better. last year we were 1-3 in pre-season.

Last Super Bowl season we were 0-4
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby yupchagee » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:19 pm

This_Heat wrote:Well, I voted Gibbs will play the starters longer, but keep things vanilla. I don't know how much longer they'll play, but I'm really not worried. the more pre-season games we lose the better. last year we were 1-3 in pre-season.

I expect to see mostly backups. It's the last chance for coaches to watch these guys in game conditions before the 1st cut.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:33 pm

I think that we'll see the offensive starters play quite a back. The third preseason game is when the starters usually see the most work. I think Gibbs is going to give the offense a chance to string together a few drives and hopefully put some points on the board.

Hog

Postby redskingush » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:26 am

They are hardley reaching into the playbook as we know Gibbs rarely does in the preseason, but the main problem is they starters can't even execute the basic plays that everybody runs, thats my concern at this point.
GO SKINS GO!!

Hog

Postby BernieSki » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:03 am

It is real easy to play defense against an offense that walks up to the line of scrimage sets, without motion, and runs a play. Based on the type of plays Kansas City ran under Al Suanders, the Redskins offense has not shown anything like you are going to see once the regular season starts. You may see a little more this week, I think the team needs to build a little confidence. Remember that we don't get to see what the team looks like in practice, so don't get to worked up, we will be just fine. How can you stop Portis, Cooley, Moss, Randel El, and Lloyd when they are all on the field at the same time.
BernSki

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:57 pm

pre season means nothing. nothing at all... i cant believe people are freakin out at all.. ooooo patton missed a couple balls ooooo... ooooo lloyd was out for a little bit ooooo.... its a freakin practice game!! practice!!

i know people are getting restless waiting for the season to start but the threads over that past two weeks have been rediculous... everyone calm down and sit tight. portis will be healthy. lloyd will start. brunell is solid. our O line is solid. our D is a machine and our coaches are second to none. not only that but the team gets along great!

until we lose three straight regular season games there is nothing to freak out about.

preseason is practice.
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Postby yupchagee » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:35 pm

I'm more concerned with all the injuries than losing the games.
Skins fan since '55

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:46 pm

They don't even gameplan for the opposition in the pre-season. It's not like we are trying desperately to win these games.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:23 pm

I voted the 1st stringers will play longer. Just for the simple fact I saw JG on NBC4 with George Michaels saying that he would probably play the starters a little longer against the Pats. That and the fact that they have played poorly with the "new offense" over the first two games.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Postby yupchagee » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:45 pm

Cappster wrote:I voted the 1st stringers will play longer. Just for the simple fact I saw JG on NBC4 with George Michaels saying that he would probably play the starters a little longer against the Pats. That and the fact that they have played poorly with the "new offense" over the first two games.

That's cheating [-X

Some of us don't have the oportunity to watch DC stations.
Skins fan since '55

Postby 1niksder » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:36 pm

Current Results

What are you expecting in Week 3 after Weeks 1 and 2 ?

Gibbs will play the starters longer but "vanillia" is the flavor of choice 19

Gibbs will play the starters longer and show more of the offense 4

Like games 1 and 2 - Burnell will get 13 to 15 plays and be done 4

Total votes: 27
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:18 pm

Vanilla. Al and Gregg have both promised vanilla through the preseason. We will see...

Vanilla.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007