Brunell

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
swine

Brunell

Postby Dishgeek » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:00 am

I just heard on NFL network that Brunell left practice early because of a sore groin. Anyone know more about this?

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:22 am

Was a little sore so Gibbs kept him out of practices He's expected to play Sat.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:48 am

OMG HE'S INJURED ALREADY!!! Lets trade Moss back to the Jets so we can get Pram back and he can lead us to the superbowl and reclaim his rightful position that Joe Gibbs stole and ripped from his grasp with his narrow minded love for Brunell!!! And while we're doing that lets get Shane and Danny back! Spurrier could use another 5 mil and he can be our QB coach and we can just start chucking the ball around. We are TEH DOOOOOOMMMMMED!
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:56 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:OMG HE'S INJURED ALREADY!!! Lets trade Moss back to the Jets so we can get Pram back and he can lead us to the superbowl and reclaim his rightful position that Joe Gibbs stole and ripped from his grasp with his narrow minded love for Brunell!!! And while we're doing that lets get Shane and Danny back! Spurrier could use another 5 mil and he can be our QB coach and we can just start chucking the ball around. We are TEH DOOOOOOMMMMMED!

There's nothing like some good early-morning sarcasm to start the weekend right, eh CLL??? :lol:

And yes......we are DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!! :wink:
Back and better than ever!

+++

Postby NikiH » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:58 am

He said he is fine. If he were a running back, it'd be an issue. He's not so today was merely precautionary.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:00 am

NikiH wrote:He said he is fine. If he were a running back, it'd be an issue. He's not so today was merely precautionary.

Plus you don't want to keep this season's Super Bowl MVP as fresh as you possibly can!!!! :up:
Back and better than ever!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:06 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:58 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:
NikiH wrote:He said he is fine. If he were a running back, it'd be an issue. He's not so today was merely precautionary.

Plus you don't want to keep this season's Super Bowl MVP as fresh as you possibly can!!!! :up:

So that's why Gibbs is starting Brunell - so that when Jason Campbell comes in later in the year, he'll be fresh, like Brady was taking over for Bledsoe in '01. Things are becoming much clearer now!!

swine

Postby Dishgeek » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:08 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:OMG HE'S INJURED ALREADY!!!...

I'm not allowed to ask questions about Brunell? When I posted that there was absolutely no information about it online.

Note the title, too. If I was all about doom and gloom, I would've titled the thread "BRUNELL INJURED!!!!!" or something.

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:19 pm

Dishgeek wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:OMG HE'S INJURED ALREADY!!!...

I'm not allowed to ask questions about Brunell? When I posted that there was absolutely no information about it online.

That wasn't directed at you, there is a gang of posters that say Mark won't finish the season. I think Chris was aiming at them
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

####

Postby JPM36 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:41 pm

Mark may not finish the season.

I just think he has earned the right to start it.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Postby yupchagee » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:59 pm

JPM36 wrote:Mark may not finish the season.

There's no guarantee that any given player will finish the season. Injuries are part of sports. Given Brunell's track record, the chances of him playing every down are slim. I think that's about as much as we can say at this point. I agree that Brunell has earned the starting spot.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:27 pm

Like this is even an issue. Who else would start?

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:58 pm

yupchagee wrote:
JPM36 wrote:Mark may not finish the season.

There's no guarantee that any given player will finish the season. Injuries are part of sports. Given Brunell's track record, the chances of him playing every down are slim. I think that's about as much as we can say at this point. I agree that Brunell has earned the starting spot.

Brunell already injured-- big surprise. He's also been terrible in his last six outings. This is bleak, gentlemen and ladies. It's also bleak that Campbell's not ready. Thank heavens we've got Collins instead of Ramsey.

All Ramsey has done over the past four years is gain more yards than any other Redskin, including Brunell and Portis. But why be a slave to stats? He stands in the pocket like a stature, right. By the way, how many sacks did we take tonight?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:23 pm

I am as big a fan of Ramsey as there is. That being said, he's gone now. Get over it! This man-crush is getting old fast, CH.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007