Official THN Gameday Thread: WAS vs NE

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:18 pm

Redskins Rule wrote:
Mursilis wrote:
Redskins Rule wrote:New England just called a timeout WITH 41 SECONDS LEFT!!!!! DAYUM! Am I missing something from History here? I didn't think they hated each other!

Why do you think Belichik hates Gibbs? What'd Gibbs ever do to him? Bill B. is just playing this like a real game - play to win. I doubt it's anything personal. Those coaches have no history between them that I know about. Have they even faced each other before?

I think he hates Gibbs because he just ran up the score! Brady audibled AT LEAST 15 TIMES.......Its just preseason! He called for stunt after stunt, after blitz after stunt..........Dayum! He really wanted to win this game! Let him have this victory! Hopefully we'll face him in the regular season the next time!!!!!!!

Don't teams audible during the regular season? I see nothing wrong with practicing it. Not every coach tries to tank preseason games. Maybe Belichik just thinks the best way to practice for real games is to play this like it's a real game. Brady looked sharp as heck, too. Nothing wrong with playing well.

Hog

Postby GibbSkins » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:18 pm

Redskins Rule wrote:
Mursilis wrote:
Redskins Rule wrote:New England just called a timeout WITH 41 SECONDS LEFT!!!!! DAYUM! Am I missing something from History here? I didn't think they hated each other!

Why do you think Belichik hates Gibbs? What'd Gibbs ever do to him? Bill B. is just playing this like a real game - play to win. I doubt it's anything personal. Those coaches have no history between them that I know about. Have they even faced each other before?

I think he hates Gibbs because he just ran up the score! Brady audibled AT LEAST 15 TIMES.......Its just preseason! He called for stunt after stunt, after blitz after stunt..........Dayum! He really wanted to win this game! Let him have this victory! Hopefully we'll face him in the regular season the next time!!!!!!!

No one hates Gibbs,
bellie just took it more sereously.. this team is just playing possum....Remember these games dont count!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"These are the times that try men's souls......Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." --Thomas Paine

Postby yupchagee » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:22 pm

Mursilis wrote:
Redskins Rule wrote:
Mursilis wrote:

Don't teams audible during the regular season? I see nothing wrong with practicing it. Not every coach tries to tank preseason games. Maybe Belichik just thinks the best way to practice for real games is to play this like it's a real game. Brady looked sharp as heck, too. Nothing wrong with playing well.

Calling audibles is 1 thing. Calling time out in the last minute & then calling a safety blitz is another.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:22 pm

this team is just playing possum

I'm sorry but that's just rediculous. So you think that Moss and Lloyd purposely dropped balls?? You think that Wright was just playing possum when he was getting beat by the Pats' no name receivers? And I'm sure the defense decided to play possum and give up 41 points just for the heck of it.

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:29 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:
this team is just playing possum

I'm sorry but that's just rediculous. So you think that Moss and Lloyd purposely dropped balls?? You think that Wright was just playing possum when he was getting beat by the Pats' no name receivers? And I'm sure the defense decided to play possum and give up 41 points just for the heck of it.

Yep!

I do!

Get youself laid or drink a few! It will help! :D :D :D
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:35 pm

Sportcenter just said the Redskins are "putrid" and "Words can't describe how bad they are"
HAIL

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:35 pm

Sorry for that last post! Skinscanes......you left youself wide open for that one! :) To everyone else..........As Mike Sellers said, "We ran just 2% of our offense". They ran probably half of their playbook". Relax! Drink a few! Hey! We got the Ravens offense next Thursday! They Suck! I can't wait! Okay........one more shot and I'm done for tonight!
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:41 pm

I will tell you though, I would like to see them do something else. They say that the 3rd game is the game where you guage where your 1st stringers are at. I only rate what I see and I see us sucking right now. Until I see different, then I will change my opinion.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:43 pm

When Joe says last year doesn't buy us anything I believe him, not sure the team does.
HAIL

Hog

Postby redskingush » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:46 pm

Good Game Skins!!!!!
GO SKINS GO!!

####

Postby JPM36 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:50 pm

Well I'm really not that worried.

I'll rescind my request for a JPM you were right thread following the Vikings win, but I do want to see a JPM you were right thread after we clinch a playoff berth.

Thanks in advance.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:51 pm

Boonell threw for 51yds 7 for 16 with no td's and no ints

JASON CAMPBELL threw for 76yds 8 for 16 with 0tds and 0ints

Tom Brady was 17 for 30, 231yds and 1 td

The Question for me out of this game is...

Do we think Cambell could have gone 17 for 30 for 200yds and a td if we gave him the reps.... I Do.

How about boonell? Not a chance.
HAIL

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:55 pm

We couldn't even Punt, let alone get a td, we couldnt even Punt.
HAIL

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:08 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Boonell threw for 51yds 7 for 16 with no td's and no ints

JASON CAMPBELL threw for 76yds 8 for 16 with 0tds and 0ints

Tom Brady was 17 for 30, 231yds and 1 td

The Question for me out of this game is...

Do we think Cambell could have gone 17 for 30 for 200yds and a td if we gave him the reps.... I Do.

How about boonell? Not a chance.

Nope

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:10 pm

At the very minimum, I expect to see some new punters in camp this week.

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007