Official THN Gameday Thread: WAS vs NE

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Hog

Postby GibbSkins » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:13 pm

skinsfanno9 wrote:At the very minimum, I expect to see some new punters in camp this week.

i expect to see alot of people falling off the bandwagon... :))

all but 1....im here till the end of my life!!!!!!!!!!

hail to the GibbSkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i will always Bleed Burgandy & Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long live the Redskins!!!!!
Long live Joe Gibbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"These are the times that try men's souls......Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." --Thomas Paine

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:18 pm

skinsfanno9 wrote:At the very minimum, I expect to see some new punters in camp this week.

I really don't see that as our problem. I wouldn't doubt it but we really have more to worry about. How bout not having our punters kick the ball 9 times vs 3 by the other team. Thats terrible. What concerns me is the fact that we gave up 7 sacks tonight for 58 yards. They had none. Cambell was our leading rusher for 26 total yards where their top rusher had 92 and their other had 38. Our top reciever was 35 yards and theirs was 97 (in the 1st half) and that was by a TE.

There is a lot to do. We are not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes. We are not working on the fundamentals. I say they should have a really hard week of practice. Hell, 2 a days. At some point the vets need to get together and get fed up of being embarrased. I know I am.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:20 pm

At least we stopped Corey Dillon.

By poking him in the eye.
HAIL

Hog

Postby GibbSkins » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:27 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:At least we stopped Corey Dillon.

By poking him in the eye.

:lol: :lol:

SEE.......there was something positive out of this game....

like i said earlyer i havent seen the game yet comcast blacked it out so i will have to wait till 2morrow @ 1:00 to watch it on NFL Network...
and from what im hearing its not good.... but i refuse to throw the towl in yet.. once our starters get on the feild for the real games they will start to click and u will see......hell we didnt start playing till the last five games last year......remember this is preseason.!!!!....Spurrier ust to win alot of these games.... :P
"These are the times that try men's souls......Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." --Thomas Paine

####

Postby JPM36 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:38 pm

I sincerely hope no one falls off the bandwagon over a preseason game.

It doesn't even count for crying out loud.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:24 am

JPM36 wrote:I sincerely hope no one falls off the bandwagon over a preseason game.

If Brunell were Ramsey, there would be no chance whatsoever that Campbell wouldn't now be considered the No. 1 quarterback. I think we should play Campbell and the whole first string, offense and defense, the whole game next weekend, except maybe Portis.
They are not ready for the season to start now.

Rocky ought to play the whole game as 1st LB.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:32 am

JSPB22 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:It's blank for me right now. Is there a blackout?

New England opted for a blackout because they didn't sell enough stadium tickets. Bad move by management...if PR means anything.

I don't think they do blackouts in the preseason, at least for the local areas. Teams negotiate TV deals with local affiliates, who have no incentive to black out the game. Just the opposite, actually. We are all hearing it now. The problem seems to have been with XXX.

I called my cable company and posted what they told me.

Hog

Postby John Manfreda » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:44 am

the game was embarrasing but its preseason so I don't really care.

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:57 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
JPM36 wrote:I sincerely hope no one falls off the bandwagon over a preseason game.

If Brunell were Ramsey, there would be no chance whatsoever that Campbell wouldn't now be considered the No. 1 quarterback. I think we should play Campbell and the whole first string, offense and defense, the whole game next weekend, except maybe Portis.
They are not ready for the season to start now.

Rocky ought to play the whole game as 1st LB.

I say we let our starters make a cameo and then rest them up. Risking injury against the Ravens backups won't prepare us for Minnesota.

Everyone needs to chill out.

It's only a preseason game.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:12 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:After todays game, I will lay off the naysayers for a week. :twisted:

Thanks Chris. In return, I'm not going into my usual Brunell rant or remind everyone that I was ridiculed a few days ago for mentioning that we were not as deep in quality receivers as everyone thinks and suggesting an immediate promotion of Campbell and Rocky to 1st string status.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:36 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Mursilis wrote:
JPM36 wrote:If we still can't do anything when we are calling our real plays, I'll be concerned.

Until then, I consider this a bad practice.

Riggins, who probably knows Gibbs better than any of us, isn't sounding positive about any of this. He even suggested we could be looking at 1-4 to start the season (at least he thinks we can still beat the Texans!!!).

All we need is a spark. :twisted:

Riggo is down on us, pro odds guys are down on us, the rankings I've seen put us way down the list. Maybe somebody knew something we didn't. Personally, I think we'll be lucky to finish respectably, and even luckier to escape being embarassed by the better teams.

If Portis can't start the season, we'll be lucky to be 1-4 after the firth game. The O line has gotten too old, except Dockery, who hasn't come around, and the D has been inexplicably bad. On top of that our QB position is the most problematic and the special teams are absolutely wretched.

There has been no real bright spot in the last three games: the only good things to remember are Sellers' consecutive carries in the second game that the coaches apparently missed since they didn't bother further testing him as a runner last nigth; and a couple of catches by Lloyd and Randel El.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:15 pm

There are Redskins fans and then there aren't. I have posted my most recent views in the Blog forum of the board. I will be glad to oblige with a fiht if any of you gloom and doom people wish to show up. Try me. :twisted:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:17 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:There are Redskins fans and then there aren't. I have posted my most recent views in the Blog forum of the board. I will be glad to oblige with a fiht if any of you gloom and doom people wish to show up. Try me. :twisted:

:feedback; I want to se him kick some butt.

This message is supported by the bandwagon.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby yupchagee » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:30 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:There are Redskins fans and then there aren't. I have posted my most recent views in the Blog forum of the board. I will be glad to oblige with a fiht if any of you gloom and doom people wish to show up. Try me. :twisted:

:feedback; I want to se him kick some butt.

This message is supported by the bandwagon.

If you REALLY want him to kick some butt, you should offer to buy him new shoes to replace the 1's he will ruin.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

piggie

Postby ryanw7196 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:48 pm

To see this team succeed this year would be a dream come true, but either way ive been a skins fan my whole life, and whatever happens this year ill still be a skins fan and be cheering on my team
Jerome from SE

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007