What did winning teams do last year preseason? Here you go:

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Hog

What did winning teams do last year preseason? Here you go:

Postby ike075 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:23 pm

Ok so obviously it has not been a very pleasant preseason but as many have said it is just preseason. SO the question has been raised what teams did last year preseason. Well here we go:

New England finished the season 10 – 6 went 2-2 in the preseason
Cincinnati finished the season 11 –5 went 2 – 2 in the preseason
Pittsburgh finished the season 11 –5 went 3-1 in the preseason
Jacksonville finished the season 12 – 4 went 2 – 2 in the preseason
Denver finished the season 13 – 3 went 4 – 0 in the preseason
NY Gaints finished the season 11 – 5 went 3 – 1 in the preseason
Chicago finished the season 11 – 5 went 3 - 2 in the preseason
Tampa Bay finished the season 11 – 5 went 2 - 2 in the preseason
Carolina finished the season 11 – 5 went 2 –2 in the preseason
Seattle finished the season 13 – 3 went 2 – 2 in the preseason

:roll:

Ok Ok....but here are a few encouraging ones

Kansis City 10 – 6 went 0 - 4
Washington 10 – 6 went 1 – 3

[-o<

Ok now check this one out

Indianapolis 0-5 went 14 – 2

\:D/

It is just preseason! Hail to the Redskins!!! :celebrate:

swine

Postby fands57 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:37 pm

But it's not that we're losing, it's the way the losses are coming. 41-0 is bad no matter what the circumstances, preseason, regular season, or backyard football. We are getting pummeled and I hope it ends soon.
Go Skins!

Hog

Postby redskingush » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:50 pm

Everybody has gotta stop looking for exuses right now, the Redskins might be on the verge of a great season, however the preview looks like crap.
GO SKINS GO!!

piggie

Postby ryanw7196 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:28 pm

the colts also had a 38-0 shalacking of their own in week 4 of last years pre season... i think thats about just as bad, although no telling who exactly they were playing and for how long
Jerome from SE

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:34 pm

We will beat the Ravens soundly on Thursday. The difference will seem like night and day. And we will go into the regular season with some momentum.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:08 pm

JSPB22 wrote:We will beat the Ravens soundly on Thursday. The difference will seem like night and day. And we will go into the regular season with some momentum.

THERE WE GO!!!!!!!

Great post. Let's keep some optimism around here!
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Hog

Postby rick301 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:31 am

JPM36 wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:We will beat the Ravens soundly on Thursday. The difference will seem like night and day. And we will go into the regular season with some momentum.

THERE WE GO!!!!!!!

I think we're seeing a difference in preseason philosophical approach. I think the skins are creating game situations in a certain way to see what our players (team and individual) can handle. They are using preseason to evaluate players, not so much to validate plays or a system. They are looking for our strengths and weaknesses. Then they will play regular season to our strenghts and figure ways to ameliorate our weaknesses.

We will not see our strenghts until 9/11 against the Vikings. We play Dallas in week 2 and the Giants in week 5. Gibbs doesn't want to show anything now that opposing teams can use to develop counters against.

We will be just fine!

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:56 am

rick301 wrote:
JPM36 wrote:

THERE WE GO!!!!!!!

I think we're seeing a difference in preseason philosophical approach. I think the skins are creating game situations in a certain way to see what our players (team and individual) can handle. They are using preseason to evaluate players, not so much to validate plays or a system. They are looking for our strengths and weaknesses. Then they will play regular season to our strenghts and figure ways to ameliorate our weaknesses.

We will not see our strenghts until 9/11 against the Vikings. We play Dallas in week 2 and the Giants in week 5. Gibbs doesn't want to show anything now that opposing teams can use to develop counters against.

We will be just fine!

We have a WINNER!!!! Those are exactly my thoughts. The coaches are putting their players in certain situations to evaluate and determine what may need to be done in the future if those situations arise. Putting db's on islands, straight blocking on the line, no stunts, shifts, motions.

They are not looking to win. That will come during the regular season.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:02 pm

JPM36 wrote:

THERE WE GO!!!!!!!

I thought preseason didn't matter. :wink:
Actually, our coaches are obviously taking the position that preseason is nothing more than a glorified full-contact practice, so I don't expect to see much different against the Ravens than we've seen so far. Then again, I don't think the Ravens are that good, or will try much harder than we will in a preseason game, so I put the odds at even.

9/11 against the Vikings is a whole different story.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:06 pm

Mursilis wrote:
JPM36 wrote:

THERE WE GO!!!!!!!

It doesn't, but that doesn't mean that you want to go into the regular season with the taste of a loss in your mouth. I only expect the starters to play for a quarter, if that much. But I still think they will look dominant this Thursday.

Hail to the Redskins!

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:12 pm

JSPB22 wrote:
Mursilis wrote:
JPM36 wrote:

THERE WE GO!!!!!!!

It doesn't, but that doesn't mean that you want to go into the regular season with the taste of a loss in your mouth. I only expect the starters to play for a quarter, if that much. But I still think they will look dominant this Thursday.

Eager to see it, eager to see it.
But if not, I'm going to try to remain calm and remember my mantra, "It's only preseason, it's only preseason, . . . . " :D

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:15 pm

I'm with you on that.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby John Manfreda » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:22 pm

rick301 wrote:
JPM36 wrote:

THERE WE GO!!!!!!!

We will be just fine!

I agree

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:12 am

I remember the whipping we took at the hands of the Giants last year....36-0. That was troubling.....mid season.....division game....and then losing the next 3 out of 4 with the season looking like it was falling apart. That was worth worrying about, yet we all know what happened next. 5-0 and the playoffs.

I have no doubt that the Redskins have added talent this offseason, both player wise, and coaching. There is a new offense, and new offensive weapons. And offense always takes time to get in sync. Now, with Lloyd and Randle El to complement Santana, we have as good a 1-2-3 as anyone, and we will score more points this year without a doubt. Opposing defenses will not be able to double and tripple Santana this year like they did last year, so the 2006 Redskins will pose a far more difficult challenge for defenses.

Our defense will be fine as has been demonstrated time and again. Williams will not allow it to perform less than exceptionally.

I see 11-5 this year and a toss up for who wins the division. It may be Redskins, Dallas, New York, and Philly in that order.

No worries.

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007