Player's comments....

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Player's comments....

Postby 1niksder » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:59 am

Listening to the comments being made by the players gives the impression that we haven't seen anything yet.

Cooley was asked about his dropped pass last night (everyone knows what I'm talking about because he doesn't drop many). His response was thet he had batted the ball down - he didn't want to get hit. Later he said he tried to run with the ball before he caught it.

Cooley doesn't bat down balls and he looks for people to hit, so the comment may say something about the mentality of the players in these games.

Other player have said things like "I'm just glad the preseason is over, now we can show everyone what we've been doing in practice" or "now the real bullets will be flying".

This doesn't sound like players that are worried about how they performed these past weeks.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby BernieSki » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:09 pm

I sure do hope that the start of the season brings on a real improvement. This preseason was so bad that this is the first time I can ever remember not watching an entire game. I was so pissed watching the NE game that I turned it off in the third quarter. If on September 11th we look totally different I will never doubt anything involving this team ever again.
BernSki

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:10 pm

Hall was also quoted to say:
I missed the FG attempt on purpose. We simply want to deceive teams about my true FG range. I am sorry to do this to the fans but I am sure they will understand when the reguar seasons opens.

Frost was also quoted to say:
Confidentially: I had a bionic leg transplant but it is a team secret. The truth is that I can kick it through the uprights from the 50 yard marker. We are just developing a sense of complacency among our opponents.

One of our ball boys also came to the rescue:
Under the new rules, teams can bring their own balls to the stadium. We have a secret weapon not shown yet. The Rocket Ball is still a well kept secret. Jerry Lewis desgned it quite a while back for a movie. It is a reality now.

And ALL this is TRUE :roll:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Re: Player's comments....

Postby John Manfreda » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:22 pm

1niksder wrote:Listening to the comments being made by the players gives the impression that we haven't seen anything yet.

Cooley was asked about his dropped pass last night (everyone knows what I'm talking about because he doesn't drop many). His response was thet he had batted the ball down - he didn't want to get hit. Later he said he tried to run with the ball before he caught it.

Cooley doesn't bat down balls and he looks for people to hit, so the comment may say something about the mentality of the players in these games.

Other player have said things like "I'm just glad the preseason is over, now we can show everyone what we've been doing in practice" or "now the real bullets will be flying".

This doesn't sound like players that are worried about how they performed these past weeks.

I personally thought they were just playing to survive and not win and looks like they were. After the Skins thrash the Vikings this will all be forgotten.

^^

Postby hatsOFF2gibbs » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:31 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Hall was also quoted to say:
I missed the FG attempt on purpose. We simply want to deceive teams about my true FG range. I am sorry to do this to the fans but I am sure they will understand when the reguar seasons opens.

Frost was also quoted to say:
Confidentially: I had a bionic leg transplant but it is a team secret. The truth is that I can kick it through the uprights from the 50 yard marker. We are just developing a sense of complacency among our opponents.

One of our ball boys also came to the rescue:
Under the new rules, teams can bring their own balls to the stadium. We have a secret weapon not shown yet. The Rocket Ball is still a well kept secret. Jerry Lewis desgned it quite a while back for a movie. It is a reality now.

And ALL this is TRUE :roll:

For a moment, I thought the Hall "quote" was true. Its after reading the other ones that I figured it was yet another RiC post. :lol:
"I was on the sideline and guys were talking about the score, and then it hit me -- we won by 21. I came in the locker room and I yelled it out, and immediately I just kind of broke down in tears. Because I miss Sean, you know."

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:03 pm

hatsOFF2gibbs wrote:For a moment, I thought the Hall "quote" was true. Its after reading the other ones that I figured it was yet another RiC post. :lol:
So, I almost gotcha! Next time. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007