TWT: Green happy with life off the field

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

TWT: Green happy with life off the field

Postby newshog » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:06 am

The man is awesome. Talks about what he's been up to since retiring--his youth life learning centers, running Darrell Green Enterprises, an IT company, a limousine service, joining the effort to bring baseball to DC, and serving as chairman of the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation.

Green happy with life off the field
By David Elfin, The Washington Times

It should come as no surprise that the National Football League's fastest man would be quick to move on in retirement.

Darrell Green ended his record 20-year career as a cornerback with the Washington Redskins fewer than seven months ago, but it might as well have been seven years ago. Training camp starts on Monday, and Green isn't feeling that familiar itch to get back on the field.

"The focus of my life isn't yesterday; it's tomorrow," the 43-year-old Green said this week over lunch at Emilio's in Sterling Va., just a couple of miles from Redskin Park. "My tank is on empty. I don't feel that need to compete anymore."

If Green's tank is empty, his life assuredly is not.

Click here for the rest of the article.

Site Admin

DG

Postby BossHog » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:30 am

... well I guess I know where I'm eating lunch every day when I'm in Virginia... Emilio's.

There's nobody classier than Mr. Redskin! redskinsmiley

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby heatman28 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:32 pm

A true class act and an ICON to this organization! We love you Darrell!!! =D>

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football