coaching staff history

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.

coaching staff history

Postby skins_gurl » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:45 am

I'm looking for information on the coaching staff of Graham and Lombardi (67-69 seasons). Can anyone direct me?
Thanks!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:57 am

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Postby skins_gurl » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:19 pm

hm, I tried that site and all I could find were player stats. Thanks, though!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:25 pm

Otto

Vince

if they don't help try this one
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Postby skins_gurl » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:49 pm

Thanks. I actually had tried all of that. Maybe it's just not something that is on the internet.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:35 am

skins_gurl wrote:Thanks. I actually had tried all of that. Maybe it's just not something that is on the internet.

Well those links had a lot of information, perhaps you could help by telling everyone what you're specifically looking for....
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Re: coaching staff history

Postby skins_gurl » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:41 pm

skins_gurl wrote:I'm looking for information on the coaching staff of Graham and Lombardi (67-69 seasons). Can anyone direct me?
Thanks!

I guess I'm completely unaware of how much more specific than that I can get. I'm looking for all the names on the coaching staff for those years if possible, but '67 especially.
Thanks!

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:04 pm

I know that Sam Huff was a player-coach in his final season (1969) with the Redskins (confirmed by his Hall of Fame plaque).

I would suggest e-mailing the Redskins through their website. I've been shocked at how helpful they've been for me in the past, although that doesn't mean you'll have the same luck.

It sounds like an interesting project. I hope you'll share any information you do uncover.

EDIT: Also, if you are serious about this, I'd check out some biographies of Lombardi and Graham. You can actually read the books on-line through Amazon.com. I don't know how much luck you'll have with Otto Graham, but there is more than enough Lombardi information in print. Good luck.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

Junior Hog

Re: coaching staff history

Postby Jake » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:25 pm

skins_gurl wrote:
skins_gurl wrote:I'm looking for information on the coaching staff of Graham and Lombardi (67-69 seasons). Can anyone direct me?
Thanks!

I guess I'm completely unaware of how much more specific than that I can get. I'm looking for all the names on the coaching staff for those years if possible, but '67 especially.
Thanks!

Look on ebay for a Redskins Media Guide.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Postby skins_gurl » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:40 am

Thanks, guys, that is great info! My grandfather actually coached from 67-69, so that is why I'm trying to get the info. I have the team pic from '67 and I would like to make a couple of copies to give to family members and I would like all of the names. Plus, it would just be cool to see some info on my grandfather. He died when I was 5 and I was the only grandchild to know him, so I think it would be nice for the rest of the kids. Anyway, thanks again, and I will be sure to share any info I get!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:03 am

I don't know if this was ever answered, but here are the assistants I found for '67:

Don Doll
Ed Hughes
Mike McCormack
Ray Renfro
Mike Scarry

I'd guess there were more, but that's all the media guide lists. No pics either. Sorry.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:18 pm

skins_gurl wrote:Thanks, guys, that is great info! My grandfather actually coached from 67-69, so that is why I'm trying to get the info. I have the team pic from '67 and I would like to make a couple of copies to give to family members and I would like all of the names. Plus, it would just be cool to see some info on my grandfather. He died when I was 5 and I was the only grandchild to know him, so I think it would be nice for the rest of the kids. Anyway, thanks again, and I will be sure to share any info I get!

Why don't you post the picture? I will find out what I can.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piglet

Postby butzadams » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Vince's Offensive Coordinator was Bill Austin. Austin took over for 1 year after Lombardi's untimely death. Austin is still living.

Return to Football 101