Practice Squad Announced...

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:36 am

Cooley47 wrote:No Lumsden......Man no one predicted that :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The same tired joke in two threads. . . . . . .Man no one predicted that :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby rick301 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:11 pm

Someone trying to find out what's going on in Redskins' camp? ...

Eagles | Harvey signed to the practice squad
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 08:17:42 -0700

The Philadelphia Eagles have signed free agent OC Jasper Harvey (Redskins) to their practice squad.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:38 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Cooley47 wrote:No Lumsden......Man no one predicted that :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The same tired joke in two threads. . . . . . .Man no one predicted that :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even a broken clock is right two times a day.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

####

Postby JPM36 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:44 pm

Come on guys. I think anyone who watched the Jets game realized Lumsden had no future with the Redskins, practice squad or otherwise.

Let's move on.

There's a team of 53 players and 8 practice squad members to support.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:58 pm

So you're idea of moving on was to make a post about it? :hmm:

Makes sense. :nana:

Think they call that 'trying to get the last word in' syndrome. :-)

This thread is about the practice squad... if someone wants to wax poetic about someone they thought should be on the PS... then it's definitely ON topic and they're definitely entitled to.

We have had 50 page threads on 'beat to death' items... Jesse Lumsden doesn't qualify as an even moderately flogged dead horse... yet. :wink:

As long as people keep it clean and on-topic... then they can 'move on' when they're ready. :up:

Thanks.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

####

Postby JPM36 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:02 am

BossHog wrote:So you're idea of moving on was to make a post about it? :hmm:

Makes sense. :nana:

Think they call that 'trying to get the last word in' syndrome.:-)

This thread is about the practice squad... if someone wants to wax poetic about someone they thought should be on the PS... then it's definitely ON topic and they're definitely entitled to.

We have had 50 page threads on 'beat to death' items... Jesse Lumsden doesn't qualify as an even moderately flogged dead horse... yet. :wink:

As long as people keep it clean and on-topic... then they can 'move on' when they're ready. :up:

Thanks.

Wouldn't THIS also qualify as 'trying to get the last word in' syndrome?

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:22 am

Well considering I just said that it categorically didn't have to be the last word at all if someone didn't want it to be.... why would it be? You see I can't be trying to 'get the last word in' when i'm actually willing to continue the conversation. I'm not the one who attempted to move on to a new topic thusly creating a 'last word' scenario. Heck I wasn't even involved in the conversation, but it IS my duty to allow the posters here to post what they want (as long as it's within the rules and in the right forum) without being castigated for expressing their opinion..

You go ahead and move on bro... but those that want to lament and discuss it like Justice Hog did in this case... are welcome to, and likely pefectly capable of carrying on even without your interjection. :wink:

We understand how you feel about the Jesse situation... we don't need to know any more since your fed up talking about it... don't want you to be forced into posting about something you don't want to post about. :hmm:

####

Postby JPM36 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 am

You're absolutely right. My opinion about Jesse has been clear for weeks and there's really nothing left to say, especially since I was right and he didn't even come close to making the team.

I just don't (and never have) understood why this guy got so much attention on this forum. None of the other players who got cut before the last preseason game (or after it for that matter) got even half the attention he did on here. And don't give me the whole "you weren't at TC to see him play" routine because I was at training camp. I did watch the scrimmage. I did go to the preseason game against the Jets. And I just flat out never saw what any of the Lumsden backers did. It's really that simple. There I go again trying to get in the last word.... Okay, I see your point. Now I really am done.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:53 am

Jesse Lumsden was canadian right? He should play hockey.
HAIL

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:52 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:Jesse Lumsden was canadian right? He should play hockey.

There. It's settled.

Now back to the practice squad....
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:52 am

JPM36 wrote:You're absolutely right. My opinion about Jesse has been clear for weeks and there's really nothing left to say, especially since I was right and he didn't even come close to making the team.

I just don't (and never have) understood why this guy got so much attention on this forum. None of the other players who got cut before the last preseason game (or after it for that matter) got even half the attention he did on here. And don't give me the whole "you weren't at TC to see him play" routine because I was at training camp. I did watch the scrimmage. I did go to the preseason game against the Jets. And I just flat out never saw what any of the Lumsden backers did. It's really that simple. There I go again trying to get in the last word.... Okay, I see your point. Now I really am done.

... see? You only think you're done talking about it, but you just posted more on the subject than anyone else has since the cuts. :lol:

The guy got a lot of attention and most of it was deserved REGARDLESS of what happened... Jesse opened some eyes and INITIALLY made a very strong impression on most people at Redskin Park. Hop on over to Redskins.com and check out their board... there was at least two or three DOZEN Lumsden threads... so it's not like it was just at THN.

There's a lesson to be learned here... whatever Jesse did to promote himself... worked very well.

My 2 cents

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007