Top 5 NFL Stories - September 18th

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
piglet

Top 5 NFL Stories - September 18th

Postby PSD » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:30 pm

I was going to post the top 5 NFL rumors today, but there were no rumors to be found. Here are my picks for the best five NFL columns instead.

Some (More) Theories On What Ails Donovan
Philadelphia Daily News columnist Stan Hochman offers his thoughts on what is wrong with Donovan McNabb. Is it the hair? The Chunky Soup curse?

Relax, Warner fans: The ol' 1-2 can be effective QB punch
Crisis? What Crisis? St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz doesn't think that Rams fans should get too worked up over Mike Martz's decision to bench Kurt Warner. Will Warner ever get back on the field anytime soon? Miklasz thinks that "chances are good that he'll reclaim the No. 1 job".

Fassel left his guts in San Francisco
New York Daily News columnist Gary Myers thinks that Jim Fassel and the Giants were playing scared on Monday night. Myers writes that Fassel "coached with San Francisco in his head in the final minute Monday night against Dallas, overcompensating in an attempt to avoid a repeat of mistakes that ended the Giants' season".

Cowboys' Q factor finally finds target
Was that really Quincy Carter who quarterbacked the Cowboys to their comeback win against the Giants? Fort Worth Star-Telegram columnist Randy Galloway thinks that the Cowboys should perform a DNA test on their QB just to make sure.

49ers' change of kickers shows they're feeling jittery
The kicker is always the fall guy. San Jose Mercury News columnist Skip Bayless writes that the 49ers cut former fourth round pick Jeff Chandler and replaced him with a guy who "has been cut by three teams and who has virtually no experience kicking field goals in the NFL". Can you say panic move?

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:44 pm

I'm sure your threads are going to be great. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:44 pm

Thanks PSD, that was great.

Can sure relate to how the 49ers feel considering the kicking carousel that has gone on here for the last 5 years.

... and loved that the media are all over Fassell for the Dallas game debacle.

ROTFALMAO
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Postby PSD » Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:12 pm

Thanks guys.

Hopefully I'll have some NFL rumors to throw your way tomorrow. It was kind of a slow day yesterday, but there was still some good stuff to be found.

PSD

Return to Around the League