NFL Rumors - September 19th

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
piglet

NFL Rumors - September 19th

Postby PSD » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:30 pm

I could only find two rumors today, so I included a few columns as well. The columnist from the NY Daily News seems pretty sure that Strahan is going to eat Ramsey alive. We'll see about that.

Bears' Stewart may be headed to bench
It looks like the Bears have Kordell Stewart on a short leash. The Chicago Sun-Times' Mike Mulligan reports that if Stewart fails to get the Bears back on track, he will be benched after the team's stadium opener on September 29.

Vikings may dump Chamberlain
The St. Paul Pioneer Press' Sean Jensen reports that Byron Chamberlain may not have a spot waiting for him when he returns from a four-game suspension. Mike Tice said that if Chamberlain is out of shape when he returns, the team may release him.

Ramsey may see a lot of Strahan on Sunday
Michael Strahan may be due for a big game against Patrick Ramsey and the Redskins. New York Daily News columnist Lisa Olson thinks that "Ramsey might want to get used to smelling Strahan's breath".

All is not well with Jets
Are the 0-2 Jets tired of listening to Herman Edwards? Newsday columnist Johnette Howard writes that the Jets have already started "contradicting" Edwards and "second-guessing the play-calling".

Bucs don't need to run
Orlando Sentinel columnist David Whitley doesn't think Bucs fans should get too worked up over the team's lackluster running game. Whitley writes that the "Bucs with a steady running attack would be like Liz Taylor with a steady husband".

For more of today's rumors, go to ProSportsDaily.com

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:34 pm

Daily News columnist Lisa Olson thinks that "Ramsey might want to get used to smelling Strahan's breath".

Actually, it's Strahan that might want to get used to smelling Ramsey's armpits since his arms will be raised quite often with the 2-3 TD throws he's gonna make this weekend!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:05 pm

The Bears have managed just 18 first downs in their first two games, and the offense has to find a way to stay on the field longer.

18 first downs. haha. I know the bears have some weak spots but Kordell is awful. He is not a starting NFL QB....and IMO really never has been. Minus one or at best 2 decent years he floated on the Steelers talent at other positions.

I'm about to read that Giants article. How come I have the feeling I already hate Lisa Olson..... :twisted:

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:43 pm

Hopefully Q. Carter is another Kordell
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:57 pm

Oh, how I just love little fluffer writers like her.

You, ladies and gentlemen of the board, really need to read this little article. I did notice the little email address off to the side :)

heh heh heh
Rich in Roanoke

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:04 pm

By the by PSD - welcome to the boards - I know I posted it elsewhere, but I don't know how much time or chance you have to scan around. So I just wanted to extend my thanks and welcome! :)
Rich in Roanoke

piglet

Postby PSD » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:31 am

Thanks Rich.

I thought you guys would enjoy that Strahan article. I'm looking forward to seeing if the NY columnists will have changed their tune by Monday.

piglet

Postby Welby24 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:18 am

It all change's around the league this weekend when we dump the Gnats on their duff.........3-0 let's go boy's.....It's been a minute...

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:43 am

Strahan and Jansen have had some monumental battles, but big JJ doesn't always come out on top by any means. He'll have to today... even if it means we have to get him help from a tight end.

As much as I hate the G-strings... Strahan has it all, speed, quickness, strength, and most importantly... knowledge. He's a great student of the game, and is always very well-prepared for his opponent.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Postby Welby24 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:52 am

Strahan has the same knowledge of the game as Bruce Smith,they are both the top's at their position or have been for years.....JJ(a Michigan product)is going to school the old boy today.....All Hail the 3-0 Redskin's.....

Return to Around the League