Rules regarding overtime

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.
+++

Rules regarding overtime

Postby NikiH » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:09 am

I cannot find the answer to this anywhere so I've brought it to the experts.

I was at the game and did not see a challenge flag after Santana's run for a touchdown. I never heard reference to the Jags challenging it. So here in lies the problem. Everyone I have talked to was under the impression that booth replays were limited to the last 2 minutes of overtime. So why did they review this play if no one had asked them to? They are not given the liberty to decide when something needs to be reviewed if we're not with 2 minutes of time expiring and that was not the case. Is anyone aware of exception to this rule that applied last night?
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:22 am

On TV they had a graphic that the officials in the booth are the only ones that can challenge the play, with no limitations.

The "under 2:00" restriction only applies to the first 4 quarters (at the end of each half).

Good question, and I hope this helps. :up:
VIVA SEXY!!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:05 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:On TV they had a graphic that the officials in the booth are the only ones that can challenge the play, with no limitations.

The "under 2:00" restriction only applies to the first 4 quarters (at the end of each half).

Good question, and I hope this helps. :up:

On TV they also said that each team gets 2 challenges in OT :hmm:

Here is the rule:
In the final two minutes of each half and in overtime, only the NFL replay assistant in the television booth or press box can call for a video review. There is no limit to the number of replay reviews the replay assistant can request.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:27 am

I thought they said 2 Timeouts per team, not 2 challenges per team, 1inksder.
VIVA SEXY!!!

Return to Football 101