Getting the day off Monday?

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.
+++++++++

Getting the day off Monday?

Postby Skinsfan55 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:58 pm

Hey guys,

I was talked about on Hogwash that players get the day off from practice on Monday following a win... It's apparently an established system...

However, on Redskins.com today they have video of players coming into Redskins park and getting interviewed by reporters.

What DO they do at Redskins park besides practice? Just go in an excersize? Eat their meals there?
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:10 pm

Work out, watch tape and probably the biggest thing, get treated for various injuries.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:23 pm

I'll bet the film session is much more fun after a win.

You probably get popcorn, soda and candy* in addition to a much more fun atmosphere:

"Hey coach, can we re-wind that TD by Moss? I want to see that again?"

*These guys are professional atheletes, at this stage in their careers, calories are just calories.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:35 pm

According to "The Larry," the players are there for individual workouts and treatment.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Football 101