Anyone watching Romo?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Anyone watching Romo?

Postby nychog » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:12 pm

I just watched him lead a touch down drive. Tuna knows when to pull the washed up veteran. Hopefully Gibbs will too.

piglet

Postby nychog » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:12 pm

and run it in for 2

-----------

Postby Smithian » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:16 pm

Smithian wrote:Bill Parcells is a winner compared to Gibbs this year. Drew Bledsoe would be Jesus Christ here compared to Mark Brunell.

Gibbs would start Jason Campbell, but that would prove he was wrong about Mark Brunell.

Every time I look at teh TV screen and see Romo make a play, I wonder why we can't be that team.
My thoughts in Around The League.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:54 pm

Yeah, and then throw 3 INTS, 2 in the Red Zone.

:roll:
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

Hog

Postby HailSkins94 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:57 pm

Looks like he threw 3 pickles and the defense gave up 36 points......
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

-----------

Postby Smithian » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:59 pm

Well, he took chances. Better tha us calling plays and Brunell executing them to two yard dumpoffs on third and 8.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:30 pm

air_hog wrote:Yeah, and then throw 3 INTS, 2 in the Red Zone.

what the hell is your point? bledsoe threw yet another INT in the red zone earlier in the game, like he always does, and he's a frickin' veteran! and it's pretty inconvenient not to mention that they wouldn't have gotten to the red zone for romo to throw those INTs, if it hadn't been for his scrambling ability. bledsoe would've been sacked 10 more times.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:46 pm

die cowboys die wrote:

what the hell is your point? bledsoe threw yet another INT in the red zone earlier in the game, like he always does, and he's a frickin' veteran! and it's pretty inconvenient not to mention that they wouldn't have gotten to the red zone for romo to throw those INTs, if it hadn't been for his scrambling ability. bledsoe would've been sacked 10 more times.

Parcells is desparate, Gibbs isn't (just the fans).

Romo did come out of the game with the same score as Mark finished with, and manage to throw as many Ints as Brunell has thrown all year in just one game
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:06 am

1niksder wrote:
die cowboys die wrote:

Romo did come out of the game with the same score as Mark finished with, and manage to throw as many Ints as Brunell has thrown all year in just one game

Romo was put into the game with his team down by multiple scores. he threw multiple INTs because he was actually attempting to win the game, which mark brunell literally did not do in the 2nd half yesterday. we were down by 3 TDs to a team with the best offense in football, and he made no legitimate effort to move the ball downfield.

brunell's only score of the 2nd half came when the game was completely over. romo at least gave his team a chance to win.

finally, 2-5 is a hundred times more desperate a situation than 3-2, but parcells still had the balls to make the switch. if gibbs isn't desperate, it means that he's clueless.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:35 am

die cowboys die wrote: if gibbs isn't desperate, it means that he's clueless.

I'm thinking someone is clueless but i'm not thinking Gibbs
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:17 am

1niksder wrote:
die cowboys die wrote: if gibbs isn't desperate, it means that he's clueless.

I'm thinking someone is clueless but i'm not thinking Gibbs

this is just getting out of hand. what is the possible state of mind that would compel a person at this point to utterly disregard all the factual information about Joe Gibbs 2, and STILL defer to events that transpired 15-20 years ago and have absolutely no bearing on the current situation???

when he came back, gibbs himself insisted on being judged by how he does now, and not what he did then. so anyone who claims any devotion to gibbs at this point is nothing but a hypocrite. if you have faith in him, you must do as he says and forget about the past. when you assess his current performance (specifically the continued devotion to brunell), it is so unconscionably horiffic and shockingly out of touch with reality, that a reasonable person can only conclude that any other coach doing this would have been fired already. gibbs should not be absolved just because he is gibbs- he has said so himself!

if anyone disagrees with this, i would like to hear one remotely plausible, non-laughable defense of the decision to stick with mark brunell at this point. the only possible one is that campbell is so utterly, unimaginably bad that they don't even want to embarass themselves by putting him on the field. i find this hard to believe, especially since they personally moved up to draft him.

so go ahead. conjure up some defense.
oh, and, "this team still has a shot at the playoffs" isn't even close.

swine

Postby unter13 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:19 am

die cowboys die wrote:
1niksder wrote:
die cowboys die wrote:

Romo was put into the game with his team down by multiple scores. he threw multiple INTs because he was actually attempting to win the game, which mark brunell literally did not do in the 2nd half yesterday. we were down by 3 TDs to a team with the best offense in football, and he made no legitimate effort to move the ball downfield.

brunell's only score of the 2nd half came when the game was completely over. romo at least gave his team a chance to win.

finally, 2-5 is a hundred times more desperate a situation than 3-2, but parcells still had the balls to make the switch. if gibbs isn't desperate, it means that he's clueless.

I completely agree with this man. If your someone who donesn't then your someone that doesn't know football.

piggie

Re: Anyone watching Romo?

Postby Burgandyandglory » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:59 am

nychog wrote:I just watched him lead a touch down drive. Tuna knows when to pull the washed up veteran. Hopefully Gibbs will too.

It looks like Dallas is having QB issues. Maybe we'll be up for the game on 5 November. Dallas didn't look sharp last night.
Dallas Sucks, .................. and T.O. Swallows, .......... Pills

piggie

Postby Burgandyandglory » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:01 am

Smithian wrote:
Smithian wrote:Bill Parcells is a winner compared to Gibbs this year. Drew Bledsoe would be Jesus Christ here compared to Mark Brunell.

Gibbs would start Jason Campbell, but that would prove he was wrong about Mark Brunell.

Every time I look at teh TV screen and see Romo make a play, I wonder why we can't be that team.
My thoughts in Around The League.

Arizona, Tennessee, and San Diego are starting their young QB's, so why can't we? Instead Gibbs is keeping this team down by playing his boyfriend MB.
Dallas Sucks, .................. and T.O. Swallows, .......... Pills

###

Postby redskindave » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:04 am

Bledsoe is washed up, Much like Brunell is here in D.C. Atleast Purcells brought Romo in, Gibbs should have played Campbell in Indy
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football