Official Post Game

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:29 pm

old-timer wrote: Brunell showed yet again that although he will not lose you many games he will not win you many either.

... the Cowboys offensive line is not very good.

1) I believe that the way the first sentence was put describes my position about Brunell.

2) I did not say that the Pukes DL was great. I said their rush defense (which includes the LBsand safeties) was good. To be accurate, they are 5th in the NFL.
Last edited by Redskin in Canada on Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:29 pm

the heart, pure heart of this team. Sean Taylor's run wow, Nick Novak wow, Troy V I love you.
HAIL

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:31 pm

Hip Hip Hooray!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!! WHooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :celebrate:
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:31 pm

Holy cow! I must admit, I had started to lose hope, and then this happens. I keep looking at the play-by-play summary on NFL.com, and it looks absolutely ridiculous - how the heck did they pull this one out of the fire?

Then again, who cares?

HTTR
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:31 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:the heart, pure heart of this team. Sean Taylor's run wow, Nick Novak wow, Troy V I love you.
How many of us wanted to choke Novak to death just a minute before the end of the game? I know I did.

Why is he a hero now? He almost lost us the game? Missed a couple of filed goals. Not good enough to love him for sure. Good, like the Skins, definitely not great.

HTTR
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piglet

Postby 0421kidwell » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:36 pm

Great game we needed this. Novac is a good kicker he's alot better then John hall. Maryland kid, gotta love it. He makes game winners. Mark Brunnell played well, the defense lloked great, AA should ride the pine then be let go after the year! Troy vincent is my new hero!! go skins also the skins are 1.5 out of the last playoff spot!! they can do it!!!
HAIL TO THE BIG RED ONE!! 1ST INF DIV
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!
GO TERPS!!
GO CELTICS!!

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND VETERANS!!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:41 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:the heart, pure heart of this team. Sean Taylor's run wow, Nick Novak wow, Troy V I love you.
How many of us wanted to choke Novak to death just a minute before the end of the game? I know I did.

Why is he a hero now? He almost lost us the game? Missed a couple of filed goals. Not good enough to love him for sure. Good, like the Skins, definitely not great.

HTTR

He's the hero because he kicked a 47-yard field goal to win the game... same as any kicker who kicks a game winning field goal... let alone one that is out of his range.

Nick gets all the glory today because it's all-or-none for a kicker. With the game on the line, and arguably the season, he banged it through and got the Redskins the victory.

Fact of the matter is that the Redskins beat a tough Cowboys team... held the 5th ranked offense to just 19 points... while it wasn't pretty... it was a VERY typical NFC East battle.

One that the Redskins came out on top of. :up:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Postby 0421kidwell » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:43 pm

BOSS HOG, your right on the money!!! any win you gotta take. what do you think of AA?I think he's a scrub, do you think vincet should start the rest of the year?
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!
GO TERPS!!
GO CELTICS!!

Hog

Postby old-timer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:45 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Holy cow! I must admit, I had started to lose hope, and then this happens. I keep looking at the play-by-play summary on NFL.com, and it looks absolutely ridiculous - how the heck did they pull this one out of the fire?

Then again, who cares?

HTTR

The good news is we beat our most hated rival in a way that has to be excrutiatingly painful for them :lol: :lol: :lol:

We won because a) their FG unit broke down b) most of our team really did "play their guts out" and c) Sean Taylor made a typically great play and d) we got lucky that the refs handed us a 15 yard penalty on a 5 yard offense.

The bad news is we still get to see Mark Brunell next week.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:46 pm

BossHog wrote:Fact of the matter is that the Redskins beat a tough Cowboys team... held the 5th ranked offense to just 19 points... while it wasn't pretty... it was a VERY typical NFC East battle.

One that the Redskins came out on top of. :up:
Our season is not over. I am very happy. Can't you tell? I am very ANGRY and very HAPPY if that makes any sense. :hmm:

Hog

Postby gus » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:48 pm

The way we won was INCREDIBLE, as will be Cambell starting next week, I can feel it.
Hail to the REDSKINS, Hail VICTORY.

piglet

Postby 0421kidwell » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:53 pm

[quote="Redskin in Canada"][quote="old-timer"] Brunell showed yet again that although he will not lose you many games he will not win you many either.

i agree with that statement!! He won't lose games or win them!! however mark should remain the starter until we are mathematically elimated from the playoff contention! he does give us the ebst chance to win i think? Great win now we got to get moss healthy!! go skins!! dallas sucks!!
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!
GO TERPS!!
GO CELTICS!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:54 pm

AA has been punked in coverage at every opportunity; I still think that the Redskins have to make use of his skillset and get him closer to the line rather than back in coverage... but I'm all for subbing in Vincent when the strong safety is going to be asked to cover.

Bottom line is tha the Redskins defense played better today. They still didn't play great and gave up way too many big plays on crucial downs, but they were a lot more aggressive today. Gregg Williams called a completely different game today with his two cornerbacks finally in the lineup at the same time. They weren't all world in coverage themselves, but providing Williams with the confidence to call more blitzes allowed the defense to be much more aggressive today.

Neither side of the ball was great or seemed proficient to say the least, but this is a special rivalry with a lot of special games, and today was just another one of those for Redskins fans IMO.

B.Lloyd had a great game today... on and off the ball... but we'll get the skinny straight from Brandon himself on this week's show. :up:

The nice thing about victories? They're all worth the same no matter how you come by them.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Postby 0421kidwell » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:57 pm

BOSS HOG YOU TRULY ARE THE MAN!!! Great post i agree with it all! what about mark should he remain the the starter until we are totally out of it? the skins are only a 1.5 gm back of the wild card!!
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!
GO TERPS!!
GO CELTICS!!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:11 pm

This game was lost by the Cowboys, honestly. From penalties, dropped passes to the o-line not blocking the left side on the field goal, wow.

Best part for me, was seeing Parcells interviewed in the post game. He looked like he wanted to cry.

Need a hug, Bill?

BossHog wrote:AA has been punked in coverage at every opportunity; I still think that the Redskins have to make use of his skillset and get him closer to the line rather than back in coverage... but I'm all for subbing in Vincent when the strong safety is going to be asked to cover.

And I think that's what Pierleau was supposed to be doing all along. That injury really meant AA had to play where he couldn't play...in the passing game.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006