Official Post Game

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:35 pm

Based on Parcells in Carolina Bill would prefer a kiss "look out here comes parcells!"

Kiss This billy boy!
HAIL

Hog

Postby redskins12287 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:45 pm

If AA was brought in just to pretty much be an extra linebacker, then why did he recieve the biggest contact of any saftey in the history of professional football?

He sucks, and to think we could have kept Ryan Clark for so much less is beyond frustration...simply depressing.
Gotta respect the 'Skins

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:50 pm

redskins12287 wrote:If AA was brought in just to pretty much be an extra linebacker, then why did he recieve the biggest contact of any saftey in the history of professional football?

He sucks, and to think we could have kept Ryan Clark for so much less is beyond frustration...simply depressing.

Ryan Clark and Adam Archuleta are making the same $$$ this year. Don't know about next season yet. While I agree that Clark should have stayed, the "too much money" argument doesn't hold sway here, since Snyder has a way of configuring contracts that are deceiving to the media.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:03 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
redskins12287 wrote:If AA was brought in just to pretty much be an extra linebacker, then why did he recieve the biggest contact of any saftey in the history of professional football?

Ryan Clark and Adam Archuleta are making the same $$$ this year. Don't know about next season yet. While I agree that Clark should have stayed, the "too much money" argument doesn't hold sway here, since Snyder has a way of configuring contracts that are deceiving to the media.

He will definitely get his 10 million dollar bonus, that's guaranteed, and Clark signed a 4 year 7 million dollar deal, so they aren't making the same when you consider the bonus money.

Im glad we won, but Archuletta is a fraud.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:40 pm

Arch is a better tackler than clark, coverage however he is a few steps slow and isn't really the hammer I thought he'd be. I'm sure Cerrrato fixed his contract to where if he is (by our Coaching Staff) ruled a bust, then we can shed him and let Vincent assume the position...PLUS we will get Pierson P. back next year, or if we get to the playoffs we might have him for that right?
HAIL

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:43 pm

Good news...the Redskins won.

Bad news...the Redskins won.

I'm really glad to get the win, although they didn't really deserve it, but that means at least one more week of Brunell.

As for Novac, he still doesn't cut it. I mean really. Boss, you said he deserved to be the hero for kicking the game winner, especially our of his range. I disagree. He missed the game winner, only to be given a second chance unlike any I have ever seen before.

The Defense did look better, as was expected. I think that is mainly because of Williams being aggressive again.

We need to concentrate on both lines this off season. The Oline is spastic and the Dline can't do anything without help.

So I'll just take this win and be happy that it was against the Cowboys and hope for a better showing next week.
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:03 pm

Let me just say these two things:

1) I loved the fact that the Redskins won today. My voice is still horse from the game!

2) That 15-yard face masking call against the Cowboys at the end of the game was complete B.S.. Looking at that play, that should have been a 5-yard penalty.

Regardless, I'll take it...and the win.

Oh! One final thought! I think it' safe to say that this game will be REPLAYED this week on the NFL Channel! Who's gonna watch it......DVR it....whatever like I am?!?!?!
Last edited by Justice Hog on Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:11 pm

I was watching the game at my house. My Dad had just flown in from Charlotte and at the end when Novak missed the kick I thought, we've lost again. I was really bummed and then they completed play after play. I just knew that VJack was going to nail it. My Dad is a Panthers fan and he said, "Have some faith. We blocked one last week." I didn't have any faith and they Troy Glory flew into the screen and pulled that ball out of the air. And good 'ol ST running the ball like he is CP or something. Man that was awsome. I didn't really care if we missed that kick because I was just so excited that we were still in the game. Novak hit the ball and somehow it just looked like it was going to vere right but it was like someone was keeping it to the left with all its mite. I love my skins. They need to do more but I just say that my biggest thanks go to Novak and James Thrash. They made this a big win for us today. Oh, and to T.O. also.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:35 pm

That was twice T.O. got caught napping today. First time got him a flag. :)
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:25 pm

Ahem...for the record:

Mark Brunell is 3-1 against the Pies over the past two seasons!!!! :shock:

Based on that stat alone, he deserves the remain the starter until the wheels fall off. :rock:

[/discussion]

:wink:
Back and better than ever!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:52 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Ahem...for the record:

Mark Brunell is 3-1 against the Pies over the past two seasons!!!! :shock:

Based on that stat alone, he deserves the remain the starter until the wheels fall off. :rock:

[/discussion]

:wink:

The wheels have been off for weeks, can't you see that? We got a BS win and all's good? WHATEVER :roll:

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:16 am

i was stunned at how non-horribly Jurassic Mark was playing for the first 2 or 3 quarters, and expressed my surprise at this to a friend i was watching the game with. she replied "well yeah, but that's only because he's had like 2 weeks to rest up". i think she hit the nail on the head there, i hadn't even thought about it.

and of course we all saw him basically go down the toilet late in the game.

cooley was a few yards past the defense on that TD, yet MB04 threw a ball that should have been intercepted. he threw another that literally bounced off a defender's face! even the deep completion to lloyd that was so bull-crappedly called back, that was badly underthrown, lloyd simply did a fantastic job adjusting and keeping the defender away.

he hit a lot more of those intermediate routes down the middle, and one could suggest that perhaps he's finally getting more comfortable with this offense. but he was clearly physically struggling later in the game.

i am absolutely THRILLED with how we stole this game from dallas in the same crazy way they usually steal games against us. i'm on an emotional high right now and intend to milk it. but it doesn't change anything about where i think this season is going, and my overall feelings about brunell.

if he can't even make it through a game after TWO WEEKS of rest, how can we hope for a decent performance from him week in and week out?

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:19 am

I am just going to enjoy this one. Heck Marcus Washington had a heck of a game. Also thank goodness for Taylor thinking like a champ and smell blood and went for it. Props to Novak as well he made up for the missed oppurtunity. The key is the fighting spirit was there never gave up and thats what it takes to win. Hoorah!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:04 am

I have to say I'm always thrilled when the Skins win....especially against the Cowboys, even sweeter when we can steel one in dramatic fashion...shades of Moss's 2 TD's in Dallas last year.

Realistically however, the Cowboys beat themselves on this one, which usually doesn't happen, such as Roy Williams having a sure int bounce off his head. And penalties.....wow....third highest in team history? And a bunch of holding calls were inexplicably absent. They just about undressed Portis on that swing pass...no flag. Horrible officiating again this week. (That 15 yard face mask that proved to be the game winner could easily have been a five yarder, and an overtime loss considering how our D can't seem to shut anyone down when it really matters).

For the Skins, the basic problems remain, even with all of the 1st team defense on the field. Too many recievers getting behind the secondary. With 30 seconds to play....you give up a deep ball to a tight end? That's because we chose to rush 4, allowing the TE to get deep. And the lack of take aways (5) in 8 games is horrible.

Once again, we watched a team stuff the ball down our throats in the opening second half series, and again, with time running out at the end of the game. Had Owens not dropped a sure TD in the 3Q, this game might have ended like the Indy game.

The offensive line? What offensive line? 1st and goal and we get stuffed on 4 downs??? That is atrocious. Absolutely unacceptable lack of performance in a do or die game like this....and against the Cowboys no less!!!

Once again, Brunell shows signs of life, only to sqeak by with another lucky job saving win that he didn't do much to win personally. The TD to Cooley was all Cooley, and a late pass that should have been intercepted...along with two other sure int's. The stats could easily read Dallas 27, Wash 12 or worse...with Brunell throwing 3 Int's. Yes, it's time for a change at QB.

The good news?

To the defense's credit, they made enough plays to stay in the game, with Carter's big time run stuff for a loss, and the sack for a loss on the next play, taking dallas out of field goal range late in the game. That was huge, and saved the game.

Once again, Taylor proves to be an impact player who might ought to be put up close to roam the line of scrimmage and used like Lawrence Taylor on defense. I think it's a waste to have him at free safety when we need some impact play at the point of attack.

The good news is....someone is beggining to see what we the fans have been seeing all year....Archuleta is a liability, not an asset. Thank goodness we picked up TV....who shows he still has something left in the tank, and should be replacing Archuleta for the rest of the season. Or, maybe TV should be moved to free safety to utilize his better cover skills, and put ST at strong safety where he can serve to disrupt....blitz on pass and run.

In the final analysis, we got lucky. But to beat Philly next week, we'll need better play across the board.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:09 am

Oh yes....I forgot one thing.

We should now rename Terrel Owens. He is no longer to be referred to as T.O.

His new name.......B. F. butta finga

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006