Whats wrong with CP?

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
~~~~~~~~

Whats wrong with CP?

Postby ii7-V7 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:54 pm

In the Titans, and the Colts game....and again today, CP just doesn't look like himself. People have complained about us not running the ball more, but you have to have success when running the ball to continue putting the ball in a players hands. Against the two worst run defenses in the league CP looked average.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:02 pm

This thread might be merged with the official post-game one but in the meantime:

Plain and simple: The OL did not open up any holes for him. He had some great moves and still managed to score based on sheer speed and a great block by Lloyd. He got a total of 84 rush yards, I think.

They had seven or more players in the box. Obviously, they have no greatdeal ofrespect for our deep threat, Santana being out and all.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby ArizonaHOG » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:09 pm

I agree with Chad 100%. Portis is not running with the same passion and intensity as last season. I made a comment about him in another thread ("tired of his whining ....every since he got hurt in preseason") and was torn apart by several other members. Maybe the shoulder is not 100% or maybe he is hesitant hit back with the shoulder. Maybe he has a rift with someone on the coaching staff....don't know. But, I can see a difference between the Portis of last year and this year's version. Good thing we have at least 8 more games for him to return to the same form and a HUGE win over DALLAS as motivation.
Beat Dallas!!!

~~~~~~~~

Postby ii7-V7 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:13 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:They had seven or more players in the box. Obviously, they have no greatdeal ofrespect for our deep threat, Santana being out and all.

But what about Tennessee and Indy? We had Moss in the game then and they don't have nearly the defense that Dallas has. It definetly could be that the line isn't opening up holes. But I think it may have more to do with the style of play calling. Indy and Dallas are teams with lots of speed on the perimeter, and running a slow developing lateral play isn't a great idea. It still seems to me that Clinton just isn't playing with as much passion. I think there is something under the surface with the chemistry of this team that just isn't right.

Still, quite happy for the win. And happy for Brunell who picks up the win on a good performance.

piglet

Postby 0421kidwell » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:38 pm

PORTIS IS COOL HE HAD A GOOD GAME AND THEY WON!!! HE'S FINE HE'S THE BEST RB WE HAVE HAD SINCE RIGGO AND HE CAN PLAY I JUST BELIEVE THAT TEAMS FOCUS ALOT ON OUR RUN GAME SO WHEN WE PASS YOU SEE THINGS LIKE THAT 38YD RUN HE HAD!!

PORTIS ROCKS!!!
HAIL TO THE BIG RED ONE!! 1ST INF DIV
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!
GO TERPS!!
GO CELTICS!!

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND VETERANS!!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:40 pm

chaddukes wrote:... But I think it may have more to do with the style of play calling. Indy and Dallas are teams with lots of speed on the perimeter, and running a slow developing lateral play isn't a great idea.

Still, quite happy for the win. And happy for Brunell who picks up the win on a good performance.

1) I feel we tried running through every hole in, between, and outside their line. It worked out ONE time. Let's not forget that TD. I agree that the playcalling has a lot to do with it.

2) A good performance by Brunell? :shock: Comparatively speaking maybe but overall a fumble, several failed but quite doable interceptions by the Pukes, and his overall play was regular AT BEST.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piglet

Postby 0421kidwell » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:47 pm

fair enough!!! He looked more determined this week then those past!
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!
GO TERPS!!
GO CELTICS!!

piglet

Postby 0421kidwell » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:48 pm

mark is 3-2 against the cowboys in a skins uniform!! Does anyone know his record against them all time including his jacksonville days!
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!
GO TERPS!!
GO CELTICS!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Whats wrong with CP?

Postby air_hog » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:06 am

chaddukes wrote:In the Titans, and the Colts game....and again today, CP just doesn't look like himself. People have complained about us not running the ball more, but you have to have success when running the ball to continue putting the ball in a players hands. Against the two worst run defenses in the league CP looked average.

Because our O-Line is getting NO PUSH whatsoever.

I can think of numerous times today that before CP even had the ball in his hands, there were blue unis' in our backfield.

And don't even get me started about the 7 consecutive plays at the Goal line. :explode:
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

^^^^

Postby Punu » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:45 am

"whats wrong with CP?"

nothing
Skins Crazy... I get it from my pops

Don't matter where you are.... YOUR IN REDSKINS COUNTRY!

|

Postby sch1977 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:37 am

0421kidwell wrote:PORTIS IS COOL HE HAD A GOOD GAME AND THEY WON!!! HE'S FINE HE'S THE BEST RB WE HAVE HAD SINCE RIGGO AND HE CAN PLAY I JUST BELIEVE THAT TEAMS FOCUS ALOT ON OUR RUN GAME SO WHEN WE PASS YOU SEE THINGS LIKE THAT 38YD RUN HE HAD!!

PORTIS ROCKS!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Taylor and Landry will take no Prisoners!! - I just can't bring myself to delete it!

^^^^

Postby Punu » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:38 am

sch1977 wrote:
0421kidwell wrote:PORTIS IS COOL HE HAD A GOOD GAME AND THEY WON!!! HE'S FINE HE'S THE BEST RB WE HAVE HAD SINCE RIGGO AND HE CAN PLAY I JUST BELIEVE THAT TEAMS FOCUS ALOT ON OUR RUN GAME SO WHEN WE PASS YOU SEE THINGS LIKE THAT 38YD RUN HE HAD!!

PORTIS ROCKS!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Why so shocked?!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Skins Crazy... I get it from my pops

Don't matter where you are.... YOUR IN REDSKINS COUNTRY!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006