Sad News

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Junior Hog

Sad News

Postby Jake » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:59 pm

John Henry Williams, the son of Ted Williams died of lukemia at the age of 35. I was pretty shocked to see this for a couple reasons: he's only 35, I didn't know he had lukemia, and he recently played minor league ball for the Red Sox. I know he wasn't good but I figured he would have been in better shape and the general public would have known about his disease.

Honestly, I thought the guys was a scumbag based on how he treated his dad after he died. He said that he wanted to detract sperm from his dad's frozen body and make lots of "little Ted Williams's." I thought that was creepy and I really had a dislike for him when he was getting ready to go through a court battle with his sister over his dad's remains. I may have not liked the guy, but I never wished for or wanted him to die. There a lot of people that I dislike on this Earth and will never wish for their death. I was sort of saddened to hear this also because he was so young, 35, and their was a slim chance that he could have followed the right path and turned his life around.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:11 pm

Yeah, sad. I followed the Ted Williams cryonics story for a long time because I lived in Boston for a few years. John Henry was very manipulative with his father towards the end of Ted's life. Ted could barely see or sit up in the hospital and John Henry was forcing him to sign all kinds of documents and memorabilia to capitalize on his father's rich histroy- up until day of his dad's death. He wanted to freeze his father so he could sell his DNA to potential buyers that wanted their children to have Ted's physical gifts.

Cryonics is total BS. It can't work because when the body freezes, the cell membranes break down- totally. Essentially, your body would turn into mush when thawed. People who believe in cryonics are completely mislead by the industry.

The scarey truth, though, is that genetic engineering using someone else's DNA is not too far off. A Korean scientist just reported that he cloned a human- the first step to engineering a human. Once the cat's out of the bag, it's gong to be hard to control. John Henry may get his ultimate wish granted and have his father's DNA cloned by some very rich, infertile parents. I hope that never happens, but it could be just a matter of time.
Gibbs is God

Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:06 am

Philly is an Armpit wrote:Yeah, sad. I followed the Ted Williams cryonics story for a long time because I lived in Boston for a few years. John Henry was very manipulative with his father towards the end of Ted's life. Ted could barely see or sit up in the hospital and John Henry was forcing him to sign all kinds of documents and memorabilia to capitalize on his father's rich histroy- up until day of his dad's death. He wanted to freeze his father so he could sell his DNA to potential buyers that wanted their children to have Ted's physical <A TITLE="Click for more information about gift" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||gifts|AA1VDw">gift</A>s.

Cryonics is total BS. It can't work because when the body freezes, the cell membranes break down- totally. Essentially, your body would turn into mush when thawed. People who believe in cryonics are completely mislead by the industry.

The scarey truth, though, is that genetic engineering using someone else's DNA is not too far off. A Korean scientist just reported that he cloned a human- the first step to engineering a human. Once the cat's out of the bag, it's gong to be hard to control. John Henry may get his ultimate wish granted and have his father's DNA cloned by some very rich, infertile parents. I hope that never happens, but it could be just a matter of time.

I would love to be in heaven a few days ago to see the "Slendid Splinter" himself take a bat to his son :lol:

I couldn't believe the crap his son did to him! Total BS! Just goes to show.... money is one of the roots to all evil.
I have travelled the net and found the Redskins promise land. This is, by far, the best site out there for Redskins/NFL News, Notes, Opinions, and so much more.

----Steve

Return to The Lounge