Trotter Blunder Hands NY the Game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Brown in the Hall

Trotter Blunder Hands NY the Game

Postby NC43Hog » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:03 pm

GEEEZZZZ,

With all the penalties today the one that really killed us was the "NO BRAINER" by J. Trotter right before halftime. Worst case we are down 14 - 3, best case 14 -10. Instead, we have to fight uphill on 18 the entire second half.

Hope he is doing some serious wind sprints this week.

;furious;

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:41 pm

ALL the blunders killed us. thanks champ for 2 tds. that really looks good for contract negotiations.......... props to smoot for playing "hurt". the gnats had us beat before the coin toss in ot so they had us beat fair and square, the D did squat in OT to win. now we look foward to the patsies. let byegones be byegones.......GO SKINS
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:02 pm

n/t

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:46 pm

I don't understand the D in the OT... what in the world was Edwards thinking?

Lord almighty... that OT was rough.

I give props to Smoot unless his judgement was clouded enough to be too proud to let someone else play who could have done better. He played with so much cushion that he wasn't even in frame on a lot of those short passes by Collins to the sideline. They ate him up all day on that. The pass interference was bad, and he didn't even look until the ball was almost on top of him. I question not getting safety help out there, or going to a nickel or something.
Rich in Roanoke

Brown in the Hall

speek

Postby NC43Hog » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:14 pm

I think they had to work so hard to get back into the game they had a mental let down. It takes more energy to come back than hold a lead. I was praying they would score a TD in regulation so we wouldn't have to be in the OT situation.

Anyway, I'm proud they clawed their back into the game, but they can't have the penalties (a new Redskin Record I heard) and expect to beat good teams.

There are defining moments in games and in life and they need to recognize them and take advantage.

GO SKINS

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:36 am

I watched the game again, and in fairness to Trotter, it looked like their helmets were stuck together and Trotter didn't know, so he was fighting excessively to get away when he wasn't going to get away.

If anyone else taped the game, see if you can verify this.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:04 am

"It was stupid," Trotter said. "I got hit late in the back and I retaliated. I've got to just stay poised in that situation. ... I think that was the difference in the ballgame."

You have to admit you have a problem before you can get help - at least he is man enough to admit it and let's hope this game is an incredible learning experience for the whole team

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:22 am

At least we didn't have a QB that ran his head into the wall after tying the game up :)

Most of those penalties were acknowledged by players that I have read - McCants claims innocence, and to be fair when I look back at it, he did flip the ball like a WR would normally to a ref. Samuels states he was beaten and had to hold and that "things happen". Jansen plugged three times for false start twigs me, because he was listening to audibles when it happened and I though OL could move to listen to audibles, though I might be mistaken. Bruce and Lavar jumping offsides is understandable to some extent attempting to time the snap, but it still hurts. Why are you trying to time the snap when you are Bruce, time is winding down in the second qtr., they are pinned deep and you can play the play normally and still stop them?

I just wonder sometimes what the coaches are thinking and saying - I would have hated to have been a fly on the wall... I think my wings would've been singed.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:16 am

Bruce and Lavar jumping offsides is understandable to some extent attempting to time the snap, but it still hurts.

at least those were only five yarders. the automatic first downs are the ones that really sting.
THN's resident jerk.

swine

Postby skinsNut » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:49 am

It's the collective total that really stings... nearly 150 yards... ouch!
Hail to the Redskins

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:58 am

Nearly half of P-Ram's total passing yardage.

Maybe if we march on the Skins complex they might get the picture.

The five yarders hurt when they slow down a drive that is really clicking though Hailskins... you know what I mean?
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:08 pm

yea i know whatcha mean, i was just saying a 5 here or there won't completely kill us, i don't want to see any penalties. something that has been assesed in the offseason was turnovers, we are doing ok in that dept. and i'm glad to see that, we were last in the league last season. and i'm up for a march. :wink: anything that might help.
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:36 pm

I think we'rre doing pretty dang well in EVERY category except penalties.

Ramsey's on fire... basically two 350 yard games in a row.... that is absolutely unconscious for a sophomore.

At elast the confidence is building, and if we start becoming known as a team that only beats itself, then I think that's better than being incompetent.

It means that when we stop making stupid, mental errors, we have the physical tools to go somewhere.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:46 pm

That echoes the sentiment that I had in my "I'm not gonna get too upset" post Boss. I don't think we are that horrible other than the penalties, and I think that some physical punishment and fines will fix that.

Once we get rid of 14 of those penalties, we have 7 more points and the Giants have 7 less... a 14 point swing - woulda been 28-14 unless we had gotten more fired up after getting the first TD that was called back.

I understand mistakes, lord knows I make 'em. I just hate seeing so many of 'em in one game.

Maybe we ought to bring in a couple of drill sergeants from the Marines to smoke 'em with PT for a few hours the next couple of days to remind the guys that attention to detail is survival in the game. ::shrug::
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:28 pm

Maybe we ought to bring in a couple of drill sergeants from the Marines to smoke 'em with PT for a few hours the next couple of days to remind the guys that attention to detail is survival in the game.

i'll bet it wouldn't hurt to have a retired DS on the staff as a "discipline" coach. you screw up in a game, you report to the DS after practice for the next week for some "extra" work :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football