Grades?????

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

Grades?????

Postby roybus14 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:18 pm

Well folks, you had your first look at the future, what do you think and how would you grade him???

I give him an A for his poise; his strength and ability to break the one tackle and hit Thrash for 20 yards; his ability to take a hit and comeback; his leadership qualities he showed in leading us on two drives in the second half; and NO INT's...

I am not getting too excited because this is only his first start. But if this is what is to come with this guy, I am very excited about the future at QB.
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:15 pm

I certainly agree with your comments. If he continues to improve the price was a steal.
:lol:

cleg

Re: Grades?????

Postby cleg » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:24 pm

roybus14 wrote:Well folks, you had your first look at the future, what do you think and how would you grade him???

I give him an A for his poise; his strength and ability to break the one tackle and hit Thrash for 20 yards; his ability to take a hit and comeback; his leadership qualities he showed in leading us on two drives in the second half; and NO INT's...

I am not getting too excited because this is only his first start. But if this is what is to come with this guy, I am very excited about the future at QB.

I agree. I have a feeling he's the real deal.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby DaSkins24 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:06 pm

A for Campbell, F for everyone else.

Hog

Re: Grades?????

Postby Sexual_Chocolate » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:28 pm

roybus14 wrote:Well folks, you had your first look at the future, what do you think and how would you grade him???

I agree.

I have to say I am more impresed with T J Duckett than I expected.
Chris Cooley played his guts out despite his shoulders I gotta give it up for him as well.

I am looking forward to seeing Santana getting back out on the field and
making classic Redskins plays with J.Campbell.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:28 pm

Coaching: F (Defense is not improving, Offense doesn't run the ball enough)

Defense: G...first letter lower than F. We can't stop the run, can't stop the pass, blitz when we shouldn't.

Special Teams: D (starting field position was weak)

Overall: F

Individual Grades:

Jansen: F
Dockery: F
Marshall: F
Holdman: D-
Rogers: F
Carter: D
Daniels: D
Salevea: F
Griffin: B
Springs: C ( got beat a lot.and got Bucked over by Alstott...did get a pick though)

Taylor: B around the ball alot.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby ankush92 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:04 pm

A for Campbell, F for everyone else.

i agree

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:20 pm

Campbell = B+
Cooley = B
Lloyd = F...droppin too many
Griffin= B

Overall = C
Defense = D-
Offense = C
#21 = Forever in our hearts

###

Postby redskindave » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:01 pm

A for Campbell, I think he looked good, The coaching staff F, Our defense F++... Our defense sucks!
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:29 pm

I'd say. . .

B or B+ for Campbell
C+ for our skill position players
C or C- for the o-line
D for the d-line
C- for the linebackers
D- for the secondary, and
B+ for special teams (Frost is really working out for us; Novack might stick around for a while even after this season)

C for our coaches. I liked the play calling but we didn't get things to bounce our way all the time.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:33 pm

DaSkins24 wrote:A for Campbell, F for everyone else.

Actually, an Incomplete for the defense..................Still waiting for them to show up this year!!!!
it is what it is

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:47 pm

Those fans who thought that the replacement of a single player, our QB, would solve the rest of our problems instantly were proven wrong today. Most of us knew and types in this board that there were serious issues with the rest of the team.

I have mixed emotions. Of course I am sad to see another season going down the toilet. But I was greatly encouraged with the play by JC. If he had had Santana and Clinton there in Tampa today, we would have won.

I was also very encouraged by TJ Duckett's play. The coaches knew that they had to give Betts a kick at the can. And they did. We have confirmation now that Betts is good in a rotation, he can be good in several situations -but- he is not a starting RB. He can not possibly replace Clinton's intensity or moves. He does not have the strength and resiliency that TJ has. Mark my words: TJ is most likely tol stay and Betts most likely to be traded next season.

We have GREAT receivers. I -loved- the connection between Lloyd and JC. There was a catch where Brandon got hurt a little after catching the ball and being -pushed- outs of bounds by the Bucs corner and falling awkwardly.

The front 7, not only the DL, have some serious issues. Lemar is not a dominant MLB. Holdman is very inconsistent. Our secondary has been a problem all season long. Our DEs are rather average.

But you know what main problem is? The team lacks identity on both sides of the ball. :shock: Joe Gibbs said it best during the post game interview: We did not play Redskins football on both sides of the ball. Thanks Joe. We noticed too.

I do not what we are now. There is likely to be a transition playing to the strengths of JC but I am not sure how is our team going to look like.

PLEASE guys, this season may be over as far as playoffs are concerned. But that does not mean that the pieces that need to be fixed can not be identified and adjusted or eventually replaced. The following games will be very important to acquire our future identity.

Hail to the Redskins!
Last edited by Redskin in Canada on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:47 pm

A- for Campbell
Aside from a few missed throws early in the game he did as well as could be expected for a guy making his first career start and missing his 2 main offensive weapons.

C- for the Running Backs
Duckett (finally) ran well but Betts didn't look that good and he fumbled.

C- for the Receivers
Too many dropped balls. Randel El, Thrash, Lloyd, and Yoder all dropped passes. Thrash alligator arms on our last drive was embarrasing. Cooley had a good game though and played hard.

D+ for the oline
They struggled picking up the blitz and couldn't open any holes in the running game. Jansen, after running his mouth during the week, still sucked.

F for the dline
They were getting pushed around and run over. Griffin was the only one from the group that played well.

D+ for the linebackers
They couldn't get off of blocks and couldn't tackle. The Bucs (as most teams do) ran at Holdman and he couldn't do anything to stop it. He sucks. Put in Macintosh. Marcus made a few plays but I am sick and tired of watching him dance around and celebrate for no reason. There is absolutely no reason to celebrate when you tackle someone after a 5 yard gain on first down.

D+ for the secondary. They would've gotten an F if Springs hadn't gotten a pick. Other than the pick, though, Springs struggled and it looke like he has a lost a few steps. Rogers, as usual, was garbage. When he played off the receivers he gave up first downs in front of him. When he tried to play close and bump & run he got burned deep. Plus he missed tackles. Wright and Fox were terrible. Sean Taylor, imo, had a good game. He was always around the ball.

C+ for special teams
Solid job by Frost. Novak's field goal was very solid but his kickoffs were way too short. Randle El had almost no impact returning punts and Rock struggled to get back to the 20 on kickoffs.

D+ for coaching
Bad play calling on offense. Poor blitzing schemes on defense. Where is Rocky MacIntosh??
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:52 pm

Mark my words: TJ is most likely tol stay and Betts most likely to be traded next season.

Both TJ and Betts are free agents after this season. I cant see TJ resigning here. I think that he wants the opportunity to compete for a starting spot.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:05 am

SkinzCanes wrote:Other than the pick, though, Springs struggled and it looke like he has a lost a few steps.

I'm baffled by similar statements I've seen in this thread and elsewhere. I thought Springs played well. He was knocking balls down, and made a few key tackles, some of which were on 3rd down (okay, he did get bulldozed by Alstott, but the guy outweighs him by about 100 pounds - at least he stuck his nose in there). I plan on watching the game again, but off the top of my head I can't recall seeing Springs get beat badly or repeatedly. Rogers, on the other hand, looked horrible. I'm hoping it's just the sophomore blues.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006