Postgame Jason Campbell discussion.

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:44 pm

I am encouraged by what I saw today. Its just a shame our running game was no where to be found. All in all I am happy with what I saw from Campbelll.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:50 pm

I'm glad not seeing so many passes into the stands. Campbell looked pretty good to me, but it was against a bad team. If we could've had ANY running game, I really think we would've won this. Why is our Oline so bad? Not to mention our D. I hope Rogers is just having a sophomore slump. He didn't look this bad at any time last year.
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:04 pm

My review? Let's just say I feel pretty vindicated for having called for him to start right out of camp. :D
A 92 passer rating right out of the box; makes those 9 games wasted under Mediocre Mark especially bitter!

cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:26 pm

I liked his composure most of all. Did not seem like he was playing in his first ever game.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:16 pm

lol, I can't believe it took until the 2nd page for someone to call me on saying this game was a "win".

Clearly I made a mistake, but still... back to Campbell...

I can't help but buy into the hype, even though the Bucs gave him a pretty good situation to succede in... I am pretty confident they concentrated more on the run.

Still, I hope Campbell starts every Redskins game for the next 15 years. :)
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:26 pm

Skins2daGrave wrote:
SkinzCanes wrote:
He needs to adjust his protection or audible to a quick slant or....he just needs to do something! Most of the time when that happened the play ended in a sack or a incompletion.

Qb's in Saunders' system are not allowed to audible.

are you serious? that is really dumb

I don't think there are many audibles (there are some, I'm pretty sure) but the QB's and WR's are supposed to make adjustments on the fly when the defense shifts in a certain way or shows a particular blitz.

It was good to see Campbell out there and starting to get some experience. In my opinion, he looked great--probably as good as we could have expected from him. I love his poise out on the field. He never looks rushed, confused, or frustrated. He protected the ball pretty well, was mobile when he needed to be, and wasn't afraid to try the tougher throws.

So far, it's all looking good. :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm

I thought he did pretty well. It's unfortunate we couldn't get the win for him.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:41 pm

If Gibbs in any way make Brunell a starter again, I will truly want a refund on my season tickets. I will BOO him the whole game. Brunell can get on the bus with Archuletta, Carter, Marshall, Holdman, and Williams!!
it is what it is

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:04 pm

I was very impressed with Campbell today. The young man showed A LOT of poise that some veterans don't even have. It was so comforting to see a quarterback in a Redskin unifrom not running around like a chicken with his head cut off on every play.

I am optimisitc that he will do well in the future and show us what a TRUE quarterback is like.

He had good vision and good scrambling ability. He definitely knows how to throw the ball downfield and has good accuracy as well.

I'm glad to have him on the team.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:06 pm

JC had a very good game considering that this was his first NFL outing. I liked him a lot too. I am convinced that the guy is a keeper as a starter for next season. He is our future without calling him a franchise QB ... yet. :wink:

Unfortunately, his play did not shine as much as it should have if we had had a running game. The lanes are not being opened by the line or they are out of sync with the RB. I did not like Betts considering that this is as good a game that we will get from him. He is good, definitely not great.

I would have wanted more of a power running game with Duckett and Sellers. I hope Joe goes that way in the future. I suspect he might based on a few key words during his post game interview.

I am happy for the transition but sad because we had confirmation today about what we had suspected for a while now: our season is over as far as going to the dance is concerned.

The only good news are that Philthy's season is over too. Unfortunately, this is due to an injury to Macnabb. If you thought we have problems and we have looked pretty dismal recently, you should have watched the pathetic Eagles today. They do have very serious problems and no Jason Campbell to rescue them in the future. They played the worst game I have seen the Eagles play for quite a LONG time. But I digress ...
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:06 pm

We made a quarterback change?
RIP Sean Taylor

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:37 pm

Fios wrote:We made a quarterback change?
Did we have a season or was it just a nightmare?
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:42 pm

What I noticed the most about JC? He has a gun. If you didn't get to see the game today you'll be shocked when you see him. I really like his composure -- he didn't seem to get rattled or nervous. PLUS, he is one big strong guy who doesn't go down easily.

I know it was just one game, and we didn't win but I will say -- QB is NOT one of our problems!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:44 pm

I like that he looked for and took his shots downfield, it puts a whole new spin on the offense.

A hint at a running game and a Defense that can get off the field and we should be fine.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:49 pm

The thing that stuck out to me was how composed he was. Unlike Brunell, he didn't panic when there was pressure. He stepped up in the pocket and made his throws. Along those same lines, I was impressed with how he went through his progressions and surveyed the entire field before making a throw.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006