Official Panthers vs Redskins Postgame Discussion

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:56 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:I would give game balls to:

Betts, Rogers, Campbell and Taylor

Nice win. Where has that defense been all year?

:celebrate:

I vote for Tom Friend
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby xhadow » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:59 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:How about this for composure....

LANDOVER, Md. (AP) -- Seeking his first win as an NFL starting quarterback, Jason Campbell faced a vital third down with his team trailing late in the fourth quarter.
Through his helmet transmitter, he heard his position coach call the formation.

Then silence. The transmitter went dead. Campbell had to call the play himself, based on the players sent onto the field.

"We could tell that there was something wrong," right tackle Jon Jansen said. "But he picked up and just took us out there and we ran the play, and it was big."

The play went for 66 yards and a touchdown. Tight end Chris Cooley caught the pass over the middle near midfield, escaped two tacklers and ran down the sideline for the winning score in the Washington Redskins' 17-13 victory over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

"I didn't hear the play that was called," Campbell said. "I just tried to call one of the plays that we worked on all week that would give us an opportunity to make a first down. Fortunately, God was with me when I made that call, and Cooley did a great job of running after the catch."

[url]http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261126028
[/url][/quote]

Just another reason to love this kid... I wonder if he will have the reign that Peyton has with his offense... My guess is if he keeps calling plays like that he will!!!
Well what more would you expect out of the "Worst Team" in the "Best Division"

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:04 pm

"I didn't hear the play that was called," Campbell said. "I just tried to call one of the plays that we worked on all week that would give us an opportunity to make a first down. Fortunately, God was with me when I made that call, and Cooley did a great job of running after the catch."

I missed that play! Well, I missed half of it! But, the half that I did see was absolutely unbelievable!

The Game balls go out to Carlos Rogers, Jon Jansen and Rock Cartwright! Carlos......because the opposing team looked to have drawn up three plays to burn him and he came through. Jon Jansen.......because he had to block Julius peppers and held him without a sack. I know that he had help sometimes, but on that first touchdown drive of ours I didn't see him having help. Rock..........because he did very well! That first kick off of theirs was pooched because they're scared of rock! The other kick offs got us into very good field position and Rock had just about everything to do with that!

P.S. I wish they had chopped blocked Peppers more than once!
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:17 pm

HOLY JOE GIBBS!!!

that was a fantastic game, it kept me on the edge of my seat every play. Carlos Rogers DEFINITELY stepped it up today, you could see his confidence had returned, he wasn't giving a huge cushion this week, he was hitting like he meant it, and he was getting in the receivers' way all day. definitely a game ball to him, he saved us like a corner should.

speaking of confidence coming back, how about sean taylor?! you could simply SEE the intensity steaming off him, he made play after play after play and played like the sean taylor we know he is.

was it the article? was it the "unnamed player" stepping up and lighting a fire under these guys butts? we played our most inspired football of the season today, and this team is finally looking like the team it was meant to be. the panthers are a good luck charm i guess, two season-changing games against these guys (see: lavar's 65 yard INT return with marty at the helm), hopefully we can have the same success late in the season and make a "FIVE IN A ROW OR WE DON'T GO" push into the playoffs!

game balls:

Cooley
Rogers
Sean Taylor
Golston

does anyone else think we should be looking for a better kicker? Novak has been...to say it nicely...wayyyy offf this season. 50% isn't going to win many games.
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:36 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:How about this for composure....

LANDOVER, Md. (AP) -- Seeking his first win as an NFL starting quarterback, Jason Campbell faced a vital third down with his team trailing late in the fourth quarter.
Through his helmet transmitter, he heard his position coach call the formation.

Then silence. The transmitter went dead. Campbell had to call the play himself, based on the players sent onto the field.

"We could tell that there was something wrong," right tackle Jon Jansen said. "But he picked up and just took us out there and we ran the play, and it was big."

The play went for 66 yards and a touchdown. Tight end Chris Cooley caught the pass over the middle near midfield, escaped two tacklers and ran down the sideline for the winning score in the Washington Redskins' 17-13 victory over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

[url]http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261126028
[/url][/quote]

hes got a little Payton in him :D :D :D . he should call the plays from now on, not that Al Saunders guy
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:39 pm

Any bets that Brunell would've just called a timeout? I'm loving Campbell and he really hasn't done much in the numbers catagory yet. I'm just loving it

I wouldn't go that far. He didn't throw for that many yards but he does have 4 td's in only 2 games. It took Brunell 4 games to get that many.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:48 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:
Any bets that Brunell would've just called a timeout? I'm loving Campbell and he really hasn't done much in the numbers catagory yet. I'm just loving it

I wouldn't go that far. He didn't throw for that many yards but he does have 4 td's in only 2 games. It took Brunell 4 games to get that many.

I like his post game presser he said he had some shots but didn't take them (after the fact he says he he can make those throws)
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:48 pm

LOL.....touche' I was referring to yards and such, but I'll accept your stats...lol
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:01 pm

LOL.....touche' I was referring to yards and such, but I'll accept your stats...lol

I didn't mean to be nitpicky. I'm just really impressed with JC so far. I was one of the people calling for him to start out of training camp but I never thought that he would do this well in his first two NFL starts. The way he bounced back after that int really says a lot about him.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:48 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:

I didn't mean to be nitpicky. I'm just really impressed with JC so far. I was one of the people calling for him to start out of training camp but I never thought that he would do this well in his first two NFL starts. The way he bounced back after that int really says a lot about him.

Oh, I know. You and I have been on the same page since August. But then again, we were the jerks wanting Brunell out from under center. I'm not saying we were right (we won't KNOW for quite some time), but it sure looks promising. :)

~~~~~~

Re: Official Panthers vs Redskins Postgame Discussion

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:58 pm

SCSkinsFan wrote:So, now that the game is over and the Skins have pulled out a 17 - 13, what say you now RIC?

I responded here:

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 245#294245
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

###

Postby redskindave » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:35 am

Awesome win, Jason Campbell is doing a great job guys, Im happy with him, Carlos Rogers did a great job also.. hopefully we can get on a roll now.. the fumbles early in the game scared me alittle though.. good thing we recovered them..
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:22 am

Yesterday's win capped a heck of a day - great weather, Jason Campbell's home debut, and a thrilling, come-from-behind win for my son's FIRST Redskins game! The boy's obviously good luck! :wink: It was so great to take him to his first game, and have it be a great win.

HTTR

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:27 am

Champsturf wrote:
SkinzCanes wrote:

Oh, I know. You and I have been on the same page since August. But then again, we were the jerks wanting Brunell out from under center. I'm not saying we were right (we won't KNOW for quite some time), but it sure looks promising. :)

Looks very, very promising! I'm glad to see JC behind center now, and hopefully he's there for a long time. He's still missing some throws, but he hasn't had the practice time with first string recievers that Brunell had, so JC's only going to get better from here.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:51 am

I did not think they could pull it off, but Campbell was solid...

I like the kid, and I'm glad he was able to help the team win in the end, but he made too many errant throws yesterday (AT HOME) to really say he was "solid".

I arrived at the start of the 2nd quarter. I heard he had a good scramble in the first which lit up the crowd, but from what I witnessed, he still has to hone in the cannon of an arm he has.

Of course, it IS his second start, and I'm gladd he's a .500 QB for his career. However, I was more impressed by his performance in Tampa than what he did yesterday.

The good thing is that he has two more games at home to help us get further back into the playoff picture, no matter how out of focus it might appear right now.

JC, I'm behind you, and I believe you will improve over the next two weeks. Bring us home, baby!!!

On a side note, how appropriate was it that Cooley had a break-out game on the same day he was featured on the Gameday program??? His performance was frickin' awesome!!!!! :rock:
Back and better than ever!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006