O Captain! My Captain!

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

O Captain! My Captain!

Postby die cowboys die » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:35 am

it appeared that archuleta, our multi-million dollar Punt Protection Captain, missed a block that allowed that blocked punt at the end of the 1st half. i don't know if this guy was his responsibility, but if he was, sheesh. he even sucks at special teams?

someone please let me know if he didn't do anything wrong here, i don't want to beat up on him undeservedly.

---

Re: O Captain! My Captain!

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:17 am

die cowboys die wrote:it appeared that archuleta, our multi-million dollar Punt Protection Captain, missed a block that allowed that blocked punt at the end of the 1st half. i don't know if this guy was his responsibility, but if he was, sheesh. he even sucks at special teams?

someone please let me know if he didn't do anything wrong here, i don't want to beat up on him undeservedly.

Mike Sellers took full responsiblity for that block.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

+++

Postby NikiH » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:31 am

Mike Sellers is wrong. It was Adam Archuleta entirely. He was put in that spot. The reason that Sellers will take the blame for it is because he believes himself superman and he was on the field at the time it happened and believes that had he done something different he could have prevented it.

Archuleta is going to find himself inactive soon and then it will be clear who was to blame for this, as it was his only job Sunday and he blew it.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:42 am

That's a tough block for AA to make, crossing the formation at the last second to pick up a block that he never should have had to make. The guy came from the left interior, right through the line. Seems like someone should have stopped prior to him getting in the backfield.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:24 am

NikiH wrote:Mike Sellers is wrong. It was Adam Archuleta entirely. He was put in that spot. The reason that Sellers will take the blame for it is because he believes himself superman and he was on the field at the time it happened and believes that had he done something different he could have prevented it.

Archuleta is going to find himself inactive soon and then it will be clear who was to blame for this, as it was his only job Sunday and he blew it.

I didnt get to see the game, but I did catch CSN. Ill have to get the video from ES. But why would Mike lie? And why would Brian Mitchell say it was Mikes fault too? Im just asking.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:02 pm

joebagadonuts wrote:That's a tough block for AA to make, crossing the formation at the last second to pick up a block that he never should have had to make. The guy came from the left interior, right through the line. Seems like someone should have stopped prior to him getting in the backfield.

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
NikiH wrote:Mike Sellers is wrong. It was Adam Archuleta entirely. He was put in that spot. The reason that Sellers will take the blame for it is because he believes himself superman and he was on the field at the time it happened and believes that had he done something different he could have prevented it.

I didnt get to see the game, but I did catch CSN. Ill have to get the video from ES. But why would Mike lie? And why would Brian Mitchell say it was Mikes fault too? Im just asking.

Mike was the first person to whiff on the block. He actually came around the right end. AA is lined up behind the right guard. After the snap has sailed past, AA jumps to his left to be behind the center, in the middle of the formation. The problem was that the guy went past AA as he was moving left. He tried to get back, but only got a small push, which the defender just ran through. Had Sellers slowed him just a little, AA could have made the play.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:15 pm

Yeah, all the guys on the post-game show said it was Sellars and BM made a point of asking Sellars about it. It was pretty funny with Sellars saying he was going to get BM for that. :)

####

Postby JPM36 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:21 pm

nnskinsfan wrote:Yeah, all the guys on the post-game show said it was Sellars and BM made a point of asking Sellars about it. It was pretty funny with Sellars saying he was going to get BM for that. :)

The only reason it was "funny" is because we ended up winning anyways. Had we lost the game 13-10 nobody would've been laughing...
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:01 pm

Very true. :)

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006