16%
Jason was winging it and Al got lucky
52%
Al called a run play and we got lucky
4%
It was 3 and 8 of course it was a 5 yard pass play
28%

Total votes : 25
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

What was the call ?

Postby 1niksder » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:55 pm

LANDOVER, Md. (AP) -- Seeking his first win as an NFL starting quarterback, Jason Campbell faced a vital third down with his team trailing late in the fourth quarter.
Through his helmet transmitter, he heard his position coach call the formation.

Then silence. The transmitter went dead. Campbell had to call the play himself, based on the players sent onto the field.

"We could tell that there was something wrong," right tackle Jon Jansen said. "But he picked up and just took us out there and we ran the play, and it was big."

Was the play call Jason made that went for a Cooley TD the call that Saunders sent in or was it a 5 yard out on 3-8??
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:57 pm

Chris, line up at the garbage can. Cut across the middle off the manhole, Im going to throw it to you. Everybody else block. "TD" on 3...1,2,3 "TD!"
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:04 pm

Watch the tape again. Cooley was waaaay beyond the first down marker. It was more like a 15 or 20 yard pass play. And think he more or less got it right. We may never know.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:09 pm

didn't Saunders acknowledge if it was the same play that he called?
don't even

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:25 pm

Al got lucky....won't admit it though.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:35 am

JC already had the formation, just not the specific play, he said he called a play that they had worked on in practice all week
RIP Sean Taylor

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:57 am

The Hogster wrote:Al got lucky....won't admit it though.

What do you want him to do, assemble an emergency press conference?!

ROTFALMAO
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:40 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Al got lucky....won't admit it though.

What do you want him to do, assemble an emergency press conference?!

ROTFALMAO

Hey post cop...good one. :? Make a point though. I don't want him to hold a press conference, but he says that the play he called just so happened to be the one he called....maybe true, but my OPINION is that he wants it to appear as if he made the decision. This is a poll ya know...and you're the only guy standing from the sideline quoting others opinions without contributing anything worth anything to the question.

Newsflash....."Got lucky" is in the poll. Why would he admit to calling another play...he's the 2 million dollar coordinator and Campbell's the 'wet behind the ears' rookie.

Make a point please..or state your opinion.....the patrolman image is not a good look for you....now run along and call me a jerk for responding to you.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:10 pm

The Hogster wrote:Hey post cop...good one. :? Make a point though. I don't want him to hold a press conference, but he says that the play he called just so happened to be the one he called....maybe true, but my OPINION is that he wants it to appear as if he made the decision. This is a poll ya know...and you're the only guy standing from the sideline quoting others opinions without contributing anything worth anything to the question.

Newsflash....."Got lucky" is in the poll. Why would he admit to calling another play...he's the 2 million dollar coordinator and Campbell's the 'wet behind the ears' rookie.

Make a point please..or state your opinion.....the patrolman image is not a good look for you....now run along and call me a jerk for responding to you.

First, I'm not sure where a lot of this is coming from. I didn't mean for my post to be taken all that seriously. . .hence the smiley. (The joke was intended to be half laughing at what you said, half with what you said--i.e. some of the absurdities of coach / media relationships).

Now that I've ruined any and all humor involved, I'll "make a point" and "state my opinion." Honestly, I don't know if Saunders is telling the truth, but I don't see why I shouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. The question: "Why would he admit to calling another play?" is a bit loaded. If Saunders were to answer that with a straight face, he'd be damned no matter what.

Besides, it seems like this entire situation only shows Campbell's demonstrated grasp of the offense, since he was able to intuitively "see" the flow of the drive based off of a formation call.

As for the post-cop stuff. . . .what? :hmm:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:09 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:As for the post-cop stuff. . . .what? :hmm:

Beats me I thought CLL had the badge :wink:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:16 am

1niksder wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:As for the post-cop stuff. . . .what? :hmm:

Beats me I thought CLL had the badge :wink:

:) Yeah, and I gave it to him. That was the last one in the bag and there were none left for me. . . :cry:

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:22 am

Bigots!
RIP Sean Taylor

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:25 am

Fios, please keep all personal attacks in the political threads in the Lounge, where they belong. :roll:

Usually we give people warnings in these situations, and usually it's a private message. . .but lucky you I can't say that you are banned.

[/cop]

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:04 am

Fios wrote:JC already had the formation, just not the specific play, he said he called a play that they had worked on in practice all week

I agree - we were told that while the play was not received by Jason he did in fact "hear" the formation and called the play that they had worked on that went with that formation - IMO it seems that it was the right call by Saunders and the players did what they are meant to. :wink:

Seems like everyone is not having as much trouble with that 700 page playbook as the media would like us to believe.

Seems like the defense has finally decided to make plays and tackle.

Seems like we can win some games here IF we play together.

We do not need to make the playoffs - we need to just win this game this week and the next 4 games after that, one at a time. :wink:
We need to establish ourselves as winners now and the future will take care of itself.
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:06 am

SkinsJock wrote:We do not need to make the playoffs - we need to just win this game this week and the next 4 games after that, one at a time. :wink:
We need to establish ourselves as winners now and the future will take care of itself.

This is exactly why "playing for a high draft pick" after a season is supposedly lost is a critical error.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006